Court Orders NY Attorney General to Withdraw Letter Saying $464 Million Trump Bond Not ‘Impossible’

"Yes, that is the law, but the law did not anticipate such an absurdly huge judgement, obviously calculted based on nothing but the court's desire to make it impossible to post the bond required for appeal."

Well, I sincerely believe the court would disagree with the good poster Flops.
I mean by that, the court took considerable time....weeks.....to determine a fair-to-the-law, and justifiable amount. It boiled down to the idea of 'disgorgement'. That is, require the offender to return the ill-gotten gains he garnered by his fraudulent scheming. Not unfair....rather justifiable and cogently explained by the court. PS....read the transcripts and the judgments.
This WaPo article may also help you:

How Justice Engoron’s numbers add up for Trump’s penalty in the N.Y. fraud trial​

So too this New Republic piece:

"Judge Engoron’s Ruling Is a Detailed Road Map to Trump’s Thievery

The $355 million judgment is bad enough. But if you want the full flavor of the Trump Organization’s chicanery, read what the judge had to say."

"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"....so good luck if you're hoping to see that idiot prosecutor sieze Trump's properties."
"Good luck"? To me?
Why would I need good luck in any anticipated seizure of assets in pursuit of enforcing the law in New York?
I'm an old guy who retired from a long business career years ago and bought a couple of smallish farms maybe 800 miles away. So why would I need good luck in New York's execution of the laws on their books?

I don't get it.
------------------------------------------------

Why?
What would be the end-game with that tactic?
Would the State of New York be better served to just quietly order the banks holding this reported "$500,000,000" in cash?
It seems to be the most time efficient, cost effective method for protecting the People's interest here would be to move expeditiously move on Monday morning to attach all that cash....or enough to meet the law's requirement.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ummm, good poster NTGuy, your statement suggests that Don Trump is above the law. That he is being favorably treated compared to other New York citizens.

----------------------------------------------------------

Oh, I quite agree.

From what I have read in various reportages the state of New York is following the enacted laws......that those who appeal a judgment must post the amount of the judgement or, if not the cash, then a surety-bond underwritten by a credible bondsman or financial firm in that business.

The law is the law and the State has the necessary.....and expected.....responsibility of enforcing the laws that its' legislative body has crafted and enacted.

That's sort of a Political Science 101 perspective.
If NYS was following the law, this wouldnt have happened. Most of the senior leadership in NYS would be in prison and we would be holding special elections to replace them. This goes for both 'parties' democrat and democrat-lite.

As far as NYS following the law? They don't. I know plenty of NY businesses that get shafted daily by the NYS govt, which violates their own laws daily. The issue here, is those businesses dont have unlimited money like trump to mount a legal defense, so go unnoticed by the masses.

Thats the fear that drives these politically inspired lawsuits against trump

I would respectfully demur.

But, beyond that difference, one item I would want a closer inspection of would be these conflicting claims of "I got $500 millions".....vs....."It's an impossible amount to raise, we don't have it,'....or words to that effect.

I mean, is this all a game of head-fakes, dishonesty, and insincerity?
Or is it true now, but not then, may be true again in the future? WTH!

Is that what America deserves?
Those who desire to be our leaders don't, won't or can't be honest to our courts.....to truth?

Personally, I was raised and have lived under the intent and practice that 'truth' and 'sincerity' are preferred for those who aspire to leadership. For leadership that earns its' leadership.

I would respectfully demur.

But, beyond that difference, one item I would want a closer inspection of would be these conflicting claims of "I got $500 millions".....vs....."It's an impossible amount to raise, we don't have it,'....or words to that effect.

I mean, is this all a game of head-fakes, dishonesty, and insincerity?
Or is it true now, but not then, may be true again in the future? WTH!

Is that what America deserves?
Those who desire to be our leaders don't, won't or can't be honest to our courts.....to truth?

Personally, I was raised and have lived under the intent and practice that 'truth' and 'sincerity' are preferred for those who aspire to leadership. For leadership that earns its' leadership.
Whats going on isnt a friendly came of tennis at the country club

Trump is upsetting the applecart in washington and they are trying to strip him of his wealth and force him to surrender

Its the most high stakes game of poker played in washington since the Kennedy’s were assassinated

The NY AG is committing malicious prosecution. Judge Engoron is as well. The two are obviously working together to overturn the election and should be prosecuted.

Open up the gates of Gitmo. We've got a load coming and those two will lead the parade.

Forum List

Back