Supreme Court To Take Up Trump Immunity Case...In Late April

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
Trump’s pretrial proceedings in D.C. will remain on hold until a ruling is issued, putting the Supreme Court in the politically fraught position of influencing the timing of a federal election-obstruction trial for the leading Republican presidential candidate.

The brief unsigned order issued Wednesday said the justices were not “expressing a view on the merits” of the case and would consider only the question of whether and to what extent a former president has "immunity from criminal prosecution for conduct alleged to involve official acts during his tenure in office.
Trump’s legal strategy is not to defend himself. It is to delay. This plays right into his strategy. I was hoping for better from the Supreme Court. Why? I have no idea. They have shown us who they are.

Dark days indeed.

Trump’s legal strategy is not to defend himself. It is to delay. This plays right into his strategy. I was hoping for better from the Supreme Court. Why? I have no idea. They have shown us who they are.

Dark days indeed.

All trials are about delay, it is also how people defend themselves. Duh.

The prospect that an interlocutory appeal of an immunity question might affect a pending trial date is commonplace and routine. “Especially in cases of extraordinary public moment, the individual may be required to submit to delay not immoderate in extent and not oppressive in its consequences if the public welfare or convenience will thereby be promoted.” Landis v. N. Am. Co., 299 U.S. 248, 256 (1936).

“A mere assertion of delay does not constitute substantial harm. Some delay would be occasioned by almost all interlocutory appeals.” United States v. Philip Morris, Inc., 314 F.3d 612, 622 (D.C. Cir. 2003), jurisdictional ruling overruled by Mohawk Indus., Inc. v. Carpenter, 558 U.S. 100 (2009).

Last edited:
If Trump loses, then Joe Biden is open to lawsuit by families of murder and other crime victims that are being perpetrated by Biden's Horde of Illegals.
So in turn Trump, Bush, Bush Sr., Clinton, Reagan etc etc would all be open to lawsuits?

I am not a lawyer so I would like to pick your legal acumen. What would the charge be?

So in turn Trump, Bush, Bush Sr., Clinton, Reagan etc etc would all be open to lawsuits?

I am not a lawyer so I would like to pick your legal acumen. What would the charge be?

I laid it out for Biden above.

Obama had two American citizens killed by drone. If there is no immunity after leaving office for a President, then the AG of Virginia can charge Obama with murder of both individuals since they were also citizens of Virginia.

If Trump loses, then Joe Biden is open to lawsuit by families of murder and other crime victims that are being perpetrated by Biden's Horde of Illegals.
You have a vivid imagination.

Clearly, there are several interceding acts between "let an alien in under current asylum laws Congress refused to fix" and "a murder happened committed by an illegal alien".

I laid it out for Biden above.

Obama had two American citizens killed by drone.

No. He didn't. You are being disingenuous.

They were accidently killed during the drone strike.

If there is no immunity after leaving office for a President, then the AG of Virginia can charge Obama with murder of both individuals since they were also citizens of Virginia.
No, they can't.

"But Paul Coggins, a former U.S. attorney in Texas, said there’s already well-established precedent that federal officials, including the president, are immune from prosecution for good-faith decisions they make while engaged in official business."

Unfortunately for Trump, assuming the charges are true, breaking the law to overturn an election does not fall in the category of good faith decisions.

You have a vivid imagination.

Clearly, there are several interceding acts between "let an alien in under current asylum laws Congress refused to fix" and "a murder happened committed by an illegal alien".

Biden has all the authority he needs. He threw the border wide open.

Indeed, immigration judges are ordering people deported yet Biden is refusing to deport.

Not one murder, at least several recently. Plus all the other violent crimes being committed by Biden's Horde of Illegals.

No. He didn't. You are being disingenuous.

They were accidently killed during the drone strike.

No, they can't.

"But Paul Coggins, a former U.S. attorney in Texas, said there’s already well-established precedent that federal officials, including the president, are immune from prosecution for good-faith decisions they make while engaged in official business."

Unfortunately for Trump, assuming the charges are true, breaking the law to overturn an election does not fall in the category of good faith decisions.

He [Øbama] had them killed.

Biden has all the authority he needs. He threw the border wide open.

Indeed, immigration judges are ordering people deported yet Biden is refusing to deport.

YOu mean like that German family and their bullshit asylum claim?

Biden hardly threw the border wide open. He kept Title 42 in place longer than he should have. He also deported 143, 000 illegals in FY23.

Not one murder, at least several recently. Plus all the other violent crimes being committed by Biden's Horde of Illegals.
Again, none of which are directly Biden's fault. We could sue the gun industry for every gun murder, by your logic.

Dark days indeed.

Supreme Court knows it will be a 9-0 decision against Trump but they gave him the delay he wants

YOu mean like that German family and their bullshit asylum claim?

Biden hardly threw the border wide open. He kept Title 42 in place longer than he should have. He also deported 143, 000 illegals in FY23.

Again, none of which are directly Biden's fault. We could sue the gun industry for every gun murder, by your logic.

Biden threw the border open. The numbers are 8+ million in a little over three years. No one is buying what you're selling.

Your illogic about the gun industry is typical of how leftoids divert from the facts in front of them.

Forum List

Back