Zone1 Not a Christian

What is the benefit of being a Christian?

• I don’t know.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I don’t know either.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I do know. (Specify in the thread)

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
So basically not one single person in this thread can tell me what I need to do to ensure that I am a Christian?

I kind of suspected that but I absolutely love being proven wrong.
if their books disappeared, all three desert religions would disappear with them -

if you are claiming there is not a spiritual compass within christianity, history would prove you unequivocally correct - nor is there a religion in association w/ the c-bible.

- all is lost by their idle worship of a messiah they have completely madeup.

Go back to the basic Christ taught: Discern the will of God and follow it.

nothing could be further from the truth - the events of the 1st century were guided by liberation theology, self determination that eventually became crucified by the eventual 4th century self proclaimed religion of servitude that to this day continues the same injustice as their original crime.

Is it possible that it might be you, who is not "listening"?

I’m listening to what you are saying. I listen to what humans say. I know how to listen. I have read the Bible three times. I have also read other books. Some were fiction and some were nonfiction.

So do I do absolutely everything the Bible says exactly to the T and then I am fine? What about those other books I read? Am I obligated to do absolutely everything those books say to the T?

In the US, being Christian means that you have lots of guns and you're probably nuts because you want to control women's bodies. And you can hate homos. And vote for the Anti-Christ (Trump).

Lots of truth in what you said. Dominionism is rather fascist.

No. Based on your past statements in this forum.

Go be happy.

Can all Christians be identified this way with their past statements?

If the best method available is pretending to know the brain activity in other people’s head then I don’t believe anybody can glean any knowledge regarding this matter. This thread isn’t about me at all. This is about how to qualify/disqualify someone from being a Christian. It is also about what someone gains from being a Christian or what someone loses by not being a Christian. Stop making this thread about me and focus on the topic at hand.

Last edited:
What are you asking and why are you asking?

If you are asking to test God, to see if He will answer, the answer is no, He will not. God does not take our tests. If you are asking for direction, which direction is open to you? You are capable of choosing. Make your choice and God will work with you over the stumbling blocks of that choice.

I usually just ask Him to take control of all my activity. I gave up on expecting Him to interact with me.

I grew up in a devoutly Christian home/family. I participated fully in the whole experience. Hell, you can’t swing an arm in my family without hitting a church worker. Then at age 27 I had my eyes opened and I left the church, did some serious soul searching and came to the conclusion thst I could not support ANY form of organized religion.

The anticipated benefits of Christianity are predominantly SPIRITUAL, not physical in nature. It’s about saving one’s Soul from eternal damnation. There are no short term, physical benefits to Christianity. It’s all about the long game.

The down side of Christianity is that it is a long-term plan. You need to follow the rules NOW, but your reward doesn’t come until some amorphous point in the future. It’s not even at the time of death but when Jesus comes again (no date given).

The anticipated benefits of Christianity are predominantly SPIRITUAL, not physical in nature. It’s about saving one’s Soul from eternal damnation.

Perfect! You are the first person to answer the question.

So the benefit of being a Christian is protection from eternal damnation.

How did you come to the conclusion that you are a Christian?

How would you advise others to verify whether they are a Christian or not?

So the benefit of being a Christian is protection from eternal damnation
Yes. Now, what one has to do to get that protection varies between denominations. For some it’s simply a matter of Faith. For others there are Works (actions) that must be carried out to earn Eternal Salvation.

Yes. Now, what one has to do to get that protection varies between denominations. For some it’s simply a matter of Faith. For others there are Works (actions) that must be carried out to earn Eternal Salvation.

I meet the criteria under Southern Baptist doctrine. I gave my life to Jesus when I was 11 years old.

I admitted to God that I was a sinner. I believed that Jesus was the son of God who died on the cross for my sins. I believed who was resurrected on the third day. I confessed my sin and asked Jesus to be the Lord of my life.

At age 17 I began to have doubts. Since that time it has been on a back and forth ride. Sometimes I genuinely believe in the invisible magic blood. Sometimes I believe that it is an outrageous and utter nonsensical concept.

So do I get credit for my first six years of believing? or does that get cancelled out with six years of not believing?

In the Southern Baptist tradition the assessments available would be split. Some would say if you don’t believe anymore then you were never properly saved to begin with. Some would say that the antiChrist spirit is capable of deceiving even the very elect so your salvation is not negated by your unbelief. I think this religion stuff is just supposed to be used for developing cohesion between a bunch of culturally similar individuals. Communities are good for human health. I guess I should just pretend and play along. I have my suspicions that is what others are doing.

So do I get credit for my first six years of believing? or does that get cancelled out with six years of not believing?
Again, every denomination is going to have its own viewpoint on that. This is one of the things that frustrates a lot of people when the word “Christianity” is used. It’s such a broad and general term that the variety of theology which falls underneath it is almost indescribable.

I’m listening to what you are saying. I listen to what humans say. I know how to listen.
I put listening in quotes for a reason that is hard to express. For example, are you ever listening for someone to come home to the point all other sounds go by unnoticed? Could it be you are so focused on listening for something you specifically expect to hear, that anything that is not what you expect goes unnoticed?.

As you are well-versed in Christianity I was wondering if you are expecting the next step (so-to-speak)?

It seems I gave you the impression you might not be listening or be well-read, and I apologize for that, clumsy of me. Perhaps we can try again...what, precisely, are you listening for?

Can all Christians be identified this way with their past statements?

If the best method available is pretending to know the brain activity in other people’s head then I don’t believe anybody can glean any knowledge regarding this matter. This thread isn’t about me at all. This is about how to qualify/disqualify someone from being a Christian. It is also about what someone gains from being a Christian or what someone loses by not being a Christian. Stop making this thread about me and focus on the topic at hand.
I saw no reason not to believe you when you said you didn’t believe God exists. The games you have been playing with people confirmed it.

So do I do absolutely everything the Bible says exactly to the T and then I am fine? What about those other books I read? Am I obligated to do absolutely everything those books say to the T?
Grin. The Bible says a lot, and sometimes it says one thing, only to propose the opposite in another book. Don't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, or don't light a candle and put it under a bushel basket?

The Bible is not all about you. The best thing to keep in mind is not everything written in the Bible (and elsewhere) is meant for you or for every instance/situation.

Ask yourself, Do I have a good mind? Do I have a good understanding of Biblical themes and general counsel? If so, trust yourself to go out and put your own self, your own work, into the issues unfolding in your own life.

I usually just ask Him to take control of all my activity. I gave up on expecting Him to interact with me.
Perhaps concentrate on God's trust in you? As the song notes, "You are His body, you are His hands and feet..." God is Spirit while we have a physical existence. Consider the possibility God is happy with how you are using the Talents He has given you?

Perhaps concentrate on God's trust in you? As the song notes, "You are His body, you are His hands and feet..." God is Spirit while we have a physical existence. Consider the possibility God is happy with how you are using the Talents He has given you?
What about deformed and retarded people living in constant pain? Why does god give them those "talents"?

What about deformed and retarded people living in constant pain? Why does god give them those "talents"?
While no one could say for certain... The existence of such people certainly serve as an opportunity for others to show the strength of their love, patience, kindness, and empathy.

Forum List

Back