Zone1 Not a Christian

What is the benefit of being a Christian?

• I don’t know.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I don’t know either.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I do know. (Specify in the thread)

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
So basically happiness instead of the misery of knowing that we are all alone to grapple through this miserable world.
Is it a miserable world? Or is it a remarkable world with challenges to overcome. I mean if this were truly a miserable world, wouldn’t people would be lining up to off themselves?

People seem to have a tendency to overstate the bad and understate the good. That’s not reality.

I believe you are intelligent enough to figure that out on your own.

Humans are herd creatures. Submitting is useful to survival. From personal experience I know that denying one’s self can maximize the life experience. You answered the question better than anybody else. I’m not sure why you desire to obtain a fight.

Humans are herd creatures. Submitting is useful to survival. From personal experience I know that denying one’s self can maximize the life experience. You answered the question better than anybody else. I’m not sure why you desire to obtain a fight.
I don’t desire fights. I desire truth.

If that was what you believed then why not state it yourself? Why play all the games designed to lead to heaven or hell answers.

I don’t desire fights. I desire truth.

If that was what you believed then why not state it yourself? Why play all the games designed to lead to heaven or hell answers.

The heaven and hell nonsense seems to be the most popular. It just didn’t prove to be popular in this thread. Maybe people don’t really believe that heaven and hell nonsense. They didn’t show up here to defend it. So I basically made my point. Thread closed.

Humans are herd creatures. Submitting is useful to survival.
Yes, humans are social creatures just like every other warm blooded mammal. So what?

Submitting or surrender has a time and place. Lots of different implications here.

The Christian interpretation of the fall of man is that man is effectively at war with God. That we are rebels. Muslims refer to it as peace through surrender.

The heaven and hell nonsense seems to be the most popular. It just didn’t prove to be popular in this thread. Maybe people don’t really believe that heaven and hell nonsense. They didn’t show up here to defend it. So I basically made my point. Thread closed.
Or maybe it’s about the journey and not the destination. It’s not called “The Way” for nothing.

As it pertains to Heaven, or Hell; I’m not going to spend the limited time I have, trying to score points for the afterlife. Just gonna try my best to do what I’m told. No matter how it shakes out, in the end I have the fullest confidence that God will put me right where I belong…

Nope. It's my way of asking you. When you come across such a person; do you feel grateful that you aren't saddled with that burden, and appreciate what you have, and take the opportunity to make this person's life better? Or do you walk by, revolted, muttering that God must be some kind of asshole?
The latter. Because it must be awful to live like that, and I wonder why god would let that happen. You simply walk on by and thank your lucky stars. Pretty selfish of you.

So sorry you haven't in your heart to love the less than perfect. Perhaps understand many of the less than perfect offer the purest love to those around them.
A deformed person in constant pain is not something I would make, if I were a god. if someone is doing that on purpose, that would be horrendous. Don't you agree?

The latter. Because it must be awful to live like that, and I wonder why god would let that happen. You simply walk on by and thank your lucky stars. Pretty selfish of you.
If that’s what you would choose that PROVES you to be the asshole. You wonder where gods kindness, and power are; so he puts you on the battlefield, moves you to the font lines, and puts his sword in your hand; only for you to drop the sword , and flee the battlefield like a coward before taking even one swing. That says nothing negative about God. In such an instance one had not only a chance to see his power , but to be it. And ultimately proved the inability to handle it…

Last edited:
If that’s what you would choose that PROVES you to be the asshole. You wonder where gods kindness, and power are; so he puts you on the battlefield, moves you to the font lines, and puts his sword in your hand; only to drop the sword , and flee the battlefield like a coward before taking even one swing. That says nothing negative about God. In such an instance one had not only a chance to see his power , but to be it. And ultimately proved the inability to handle it…
What are you smoking, sounds trippy. God makes a deformed and in pain person and somehow I'm the asshole? Ummm... no. That one's on god, he made the deformed in pain person, not me.

What are you smoking, sounds trippy. God makes a deformed and in pain person and somehow I'm the asshole? Ummm... no. That one's on god, he made the deformed in pain person, not me.
If you had a person right there in your grasp, recognized their pain, their need, and you chose to simply walk away… That proves nothing about God. Only about you…

If you had a person right there in your grasp, recognized their pain, their need, and you chose to simply walk away… That proves nothing about God. Only about you…
I'm not a doctor, what would you expect me to do to correct god's fucked up product? people try to operate on such children, but for some, nothing will help them. And I'm supposed to do what, besides not blame god?

I'm not a doctor, what would you expect me to do to correct god's fucked up product? people try to operate on such children, but for some, nothing will help them. And I'm supposed to do what, besides not blame god?
Are you so broke that you cannot afford to spare some time, comfort, or compassion? For those truly in need of such things they are priceless. Maybe instead of spending life as a disgruntled human being; try being a compassionate human doing. “Crazy” idea. I know…

So unless everything is perfect there can be no God? Because I’m wondering where you draw that line.

Did it ever occur to you that it’s the challenges that make life worth living? That it’s the challenges that make the good taste even sweeter.

God's power is not put forward to get certain things done, but to get them done in a certain way, and with certain results in the lives of those who do them.

A deformed person in constant pain is not something I would make, if I were a god. if someone is doing that on purpose, that would be horrendous. Don't you agree?
Let’s pretend for a moment that you are God. What would your creation look like?

Forum List

Back