Zone1 Not a Christian

What is the benefit of being a Christian?

• I don’t know.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I don’t know either.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I do know. (Specify in the thread)

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
I was born into a Fundamentalist Christian family. I raised my children in a Christian home. I was the Chairman of Deacons in a medium sized Southern Baptist Church. I was even a Bible teacher in a Christian School for a year and a half.

I’m not sure what to tell you. By some people’s definition I am a Christian. I’m heavily indoctrinated, extremely familiar with the culture, and I love Christian people. It’s the logic that is lacking. I think every Christian deep down knows the truth.

Nobody in this thread has been able to tell me how I benefit if one person calls me a Christian or one person calls me a nonChristian.

How do you conduct an investigation into whether someone is a Christian or not?
Why might you imagine that you would benefit in an earthly sense, when others call you Christian?
And to merely call ones self Christian for earthly gain is the very definition of taking the Lord's name in vain. And it is a sin that can produce no fruit.

Why might you imagine that you would benefit in an earthly sense, when others call you Christian?
And to merely call ones self Christian for earthly gain is the very definition of taking the Lord's name in vain. And it is a sin that can produce no fruit.

So should I ignore people that say, “you are not a Christian if…..”. “You must not be a real Christian because….” so on and so forth?

Why would you care one way or another?

Well. Since the claim is that I will either live in eternal bliss or eternal torture, then I would say that it matters a great deal.

I prefer the eternal bliss to the eternal torture but I just can’t figure out which one I get.

Well. Since the claim is that I will either live in eternal bliss or eternal torture, then I would say that it matters a great deal.

I prefer the eternal bliss to the eternal torture but I just can’t figure out which one I get.
But that’s not what you believe, now is it?

Your fate in that regard is not contingent upon man's assessment of your faith.

I was born into a Fundamentalist Christian family. I raised my children in a Christian home. I was the Chairman of Deacons in a medium sized Southern Baptist Church. I was even a Bible teacher in a Christian School for a year and a half.

I’m not sure what to tell you. By some people’s definition I am a Christian. I’m heavily indoctrinated, extremely familiar with the culture, and I love Christian people. It’s the logic that is lacking. I think every Christian deep down knows the truth.

Nobody in this thread has been able to tell me how I benefit if one person calls me a Christian or one person calls me a nonChristian.

How do you conduct an investigation into whether someone is a Christian or not?
In truth you are the person who must decide whether you are Christian. You say you were brought up in Fundamentalist Christianity and then carried on as an adult working within this. I think that something you possibly could do is look at the many different kinds of Christianity there are in the US. I believe there are some more gentle sects. You might discover they suit you more but whether you are a Christian or not is something you need to decide/know for yourself.

The truth is not dependent on what I believe.
But the game you are playing is based upon what you believe.

You don’t believe in God. You don’t believe in Satan. You don’t believe in heaven or hell.

So why does it matter to you what others might believe?

But the game you are playing is based upon what you believe.

You don’t believe in God. You don’t believe in Satan. You don’t believe in heaven or hell.

So why does it matter to you what others might believe?

Why does it have to be about me? There are others reading this thread. We need to let all the people in here know the rules for deciding whether they are Christian or not.

Are you a Christian? If so, what are the identifiers? There may be others. Some may be Christian and not even realize it. Some not be Christian and live under the incorrect assumption that they are. Maybe some corrections can be made by those who assume incorrectly about their particular category.

That's how the demons perceive God and those He has called.

Your hysteria and hate will win you no followers

I have seven questions for you.

Do you consider yourself a Christian?
Do you own guns?
Are you nuts?
Are you pro-life?
Do you hate homos?
Did you vote for Trump?
How are you doing today?

Why does it have to be about me? There are others reading this thread. We need to let all the people in here know the rules for deciding whether they are Christian or not
Because you aren’t being genuine. You’re playing a game. It’s kind of fucked up.

People frequently say that you are not a true Christian because of this or that. They say it in a na nanna bo bo kind of way. I just wondered if people should be concerned if they are a real Christian or not.

Because you aren’t being genuine. You’re playing a game. It’s kind of fucked up.

So basically not one single person in this thread can tell me what I need to do to ensure that I am a Christian?

I kind of suspected that but I absolutely love being proven wrong.

Forum List

Back