Zone1 Not a Christian

What is the benefit of being a Christian?

• I don’t know.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I don’t know either.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I do know. (Specify in the thread)

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
Some people like to identify as a Christian.

Some people like to throw disqualifiers at others saying they aren’t Christians.

My questions are these: What is the benefit of being an actual Christian?

What is the detriment of finding out that you are not a Christian?

I expect minimal participation on this thread but I love being surprised.

In the end, NOTHING matters but God. If you don't believe He exists, that's on you. If you do, your responsibility on this earth is to KNOW Him. That's on you too.

I know your story, but you continually want to hang out in "Religion.". Are you looking to be restored, or take as many away from Christ as you can? You seem to "need" to post in this forum. I hope you find peace.

In the US, being Christian means that you have lots of guns and you're probably nuts because you want to control women's bodies. And you can hate homos. And vote for the Anti-Christ (Trump).

In the US, being Christian means that you have lots of guns and you're probably nuts because you want to control women's bodies. And you can hate homos. And vote for the Anti-Christ (Trump).
That's how the demons perceive God and those He has called.

Your hysteria and hate will win you no followers

What is the benefit of being an actual Christian?
It is like submitting a resume to work for God and He hires you on the spot. The work is challenging and often must be done in the dark; the blessings plentiful, perhaps because the sorrows may also be substantial. Still, best boss ever, and one gets to be a part of His team. It is a true hands-on training with a variety of experiences.

To be a Christian means I would have to grapple with at least one question. Christianity survived, thrived and prospered due to past generations of Christians doing some very un-Christianlike things. Should I thank them for that?

To be a Christian means I would have to grapple with at least one question. Christianity survived, thrived and prospered due to past generations of Christians doing some very un-Christianlike things. Should I thank them for that?
No it didn't. And I believe you bought into the anti Christian lies. I pretty much KNOW that

So did 1/12 of Jesus' Apostles. With 2.2 billion Christians today, that 1/12 number amounts to over 183 million, which means there are still over two billion Christians who are more successful at Christianity than Judas.

While the rest of us may not rise to the level of Judas, we are an imperfect people striving to overcome our transgressions. While you may not wish to forgive us these transgressions, Christ taught us that our trespasses are forgiven according to how we forgive others of theirs.

Those who cannot forgive us, are unable to belong with us.

Go in peace.

if their books disappeared, all three desert religions would disappear with them - and a bright new beginning would find itself again on the surface of earth.

- the heavens would rejoice.

Interesting, does the same apply for being human?

Last edited:
In the end, NOTHING matters but God. If you don't believe He exists, that's on you. If you do, your responsibility on this earth is to KNOW Him. That's on you too.

I know your story, but you continually want to hang out in "Religion.". Are you looking to be restored, or take as many away from Christ as you can? You seem to "need" to post in this forum. I hope you find peace.

I was born into a Fundamentalist Christian family. I raised my children in a Christian home. I was the Chairman of Deacons in a medium sized Southern Baptist Church. I was even a Bible teacher in a Christian School for a year and a half.

I’m not sure what to tell you. By some people’s definition I am a Christian. I’m heavily indoctrinated, extremely familiar with the culture, and I love Christian people. It’s the logic that is lacking. I think every Christian deep down knows the truth.

Nobody in this thread has been able to tell me how I benefit if one person calls me a Christian or one person calls me a nonChristian.

How do you conduct an investigation into whether someone is a Christian or not?

I was born into a Fundamentalist Christian family. I raised my children in a Christian home. I was the Chairman of Deacons in a medium sized Southern Baptist Church. I was even a Bible teacher in a Christian School for a year and a half.

I’m not sure what to tell you. By some people’s definition I am a Christian. I’m heavily indoctrinated, extremely familiar with the culture, and I love Christian people. It’s the logic that is lacking. I think every Christian deep down knows the truth.

Nobody in this thread has been able to tell me how I benefit if one person calls me a Christian or one person calls me a nonChristian.

How do you conduct an investigation into whether someone is a Christian or not?
Which logic is lacking?

Forum List

Back