No, the USA is NOT Exceptional

We always hear how the US is an exceptional nation, but it simply isn't true. Exceptional nations don't have 160 people killed over the weekend in their cities. They have don't have riots and looting in the streets. Their major urban cores don't look like Hiroshima after the bomb. They don't have tens of thousands dying of drug overdoses every year. They don't have one of the most expensive education systems with one of the poorest outcomes.

I have been to 17 countries and while all of them have their set of issues, most of them don't experience the things I listed above on a scale anywhere near what we do. There was a time when America may have been exceptional, but that day is behind us. Neither the country nor the people in it are worthy of that title. The brutal truth is we've become the trailer trash of the industrialized world.

So, you are going to look to the lowest common denominator of people to determine whether a country is good or not?

You are basing your opinion on the actions of criminals who would be killed almost anywhere else, but are coddled here.

That what you are saying?

Any nation that could elect Donald J Trump is not exceptional

He got elected because he is exceptional. He's not a politician. He's a billionaire who can't be bought and he's a businessman that know how to get things done. Which he has and will continue to do through 2024.

We weren't very exceptional when we elected a do nothing like Barry not once but twice. Exceptional stupidity is what I'd call that little exercise in futility.

Donald Trump isn't a real billioniare, he just plays one on TV. Nor is he "exceptional" in any real sense other than he's a malignant narciscist. Trump barely has the money his father left him. If not for being propped up financially all of his life, by his father's money, Russian millionaires, and the money from his TV show, Trump would be broke and running from the law.

I don't think that ANYONE who voted for Donald Trump in 2016, and is planning on voting for him in 2020, has any room to talk about the intellect of Obama voters. As the saying goes "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Anyone who would vote for another 4 years of this walking catastrophe is the very definition of "exceptional stupidity".

Obama had the most successful economy in American history. Donald Trump has the WORST economy since the Great Depression. And you want four more years of THIS?????
Obama had the most successful economy in American history.

What a crock of shit.

Barry had the worst recovery on record.

We always hear how the US is an exceptional nation, but it simply isn't true. Exceptional nations don't have 160 people killed over the weekend in their cities. They have don't have riots and looting in the streets. Their major urban cores don't look like Hiroshima after the bomb. They don't have tens of thousands dying of drug overdoses every year. They don't have one of the most expensive education systems with one of the poorest outcomes.

I have been to 17 countries and while all of them have their set of issues, most of them don't experience the things I listed above on a scale anywhere near what we do. There was a time when America may have been exceptional, but that day is behind us. Neither the country nor the people in it are worthy of that title. The brutal truth is we've become the trailer trash of the industrialized world.

It didn't use to be this way.... think very hard what changed and where all of this is happening. A hint: it's not republican/right areas.

That's just a fact.

America and Europe are on the cutting edge of medicine, technology and science.
England started the Industrial Revolution that vastly improved all of Humanity.
Other countries are constantly spying on American researchers.

He got elected because he is exceptional. He's not a politician. He's a billionaire who can't be bought and he's a businessman that know how to get things done. Which he has and will continue to do through 2024.

We weren't very exceptional when we elected a do nothing like Barry not once but twice. Exceptional stupidity is what I'd call that little exercise in futility.

Donald Trump isn't a real billioniare, he just plays one on TV. Nor is he "exceptional" in any real sense other than he's a malignant narciscist. Trump barely has the money his father left him. If not for being propped up financially all of his life, by his father's money, Russian millionaires, and the money from his TV show, Trump would be broke and running from the law.

I don't think that ANYONE who voted for Donald Trump in 2016, and is planning on voting for him in 2020, has any room to talk about the intellect of Obama voters. As the saying goes "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Anyone who would vote for another 4 years of this walking catastrophe is the very definition of "exceptional stupidity".

Obama had the most successful economy in American history. Donald Trump has the WORST economy since the Great Depression. And you want four more years of THIS?????

What a crock of shit.

Not really, FDR's was weak but WWII saved his crippled ass

We never have been exceptional, besides being the badasses. Thats only good depending on how you look at it.
I still love this country though.
:rolleyes:
Yeah we are badasses... :stupid:
A badass nation would be the old British Empire, French, Italians etc. Or some of the ancient Chinese dynasties. Germany under Hitler, the Spains.... they all invaded nations to build enormous empires and ruined those they conquered.
Post 1900 America hasn't went conquering anywhere. If we were a "badass" nation we would have at the very least invaded Mexico and Central America for the natural resources. Then 100% would have invaded Iraq, took over the oil fields and set up base to then invade most of the entire region and taken over the worlds energy supplies.
But we didn't.
And all of the aforementioned nations certainly would have.
We are/were the badasses of the day. No need to reach back centuries and millennia to prove a point :lol:

'Exceptional'?

In the words of Bill Clinton, ' It depends on definition of ' is'.'

'Exceptional' is 'subjective'. The FACT that America is the greatest country in the world is NOT just subjective but is also quantitatively objective.

Those who disagree should go to China, Russia, North Korea....call their leaders names, protest their governments, loot, riot, burn, murder....seize portions of cities as their own government / law-free zones.

I disagree in part with the O.P.

He is talking about the Rotting Cities...the Heartland remains strong and virtuous.

Thomas Jefferson said in 1787 that America could remain "strong and virtuous for many centuries", unless the people "get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, then they will become corrupt, as in Europe.

Jefferson, by the way, in 2000 was picked as the 15th most influential person of the last 1000 years--the top rated American. (https://wmich.edu/mus-gened/mus170/biography100) This was before the rot of the cities really got on with creating the Marxist Mobs we see today---such as perpetrated mass murder in the French Revolution in a Pre-Bolshevik effort to make every one exactly equal.

And before the invasion of aliens got completely out of control.

So, yes, America in in decline---in places like New York, Chicago, Baltimore, Los Angeles, Detroit---where Democratic Party Corruption has created a citizenry of near animals.

But in places like Evergreen, CO; St. Francisville, LA; Cashier, NC; Oxford, MS; New Braunfels, TX; and a thousand others---life has never been better, or America more beloved.

When you Poor Souls realize it's time to get out of the Rotting Cities (and Suburbs close enough to be looted by the Democrat Party's Marxist Mob)---please remember why you decided to leave and don't bring your politics with you. Don't be a slow learner.

What a crock of shit.

The Great Obama saved us from a Depression

Trump is putting us back in

I am so confused?!? I thought America was made great again? You righties can’t stop making yourselves victims. Pussies.

Again, this is simple....multiculturalism and dark people are the problem.
Don't be afraid to talk about it...find your balls people...This is not the time to be spineless.

END OF THREAD
Bigots have always kept us from being exceptional

Uhhh
Western europe didnt escape the riots and looting

The USA is exceptional in many ways. The OP is a child's binary take on a complex, adult issue.
Exactly. Amazing how many spoiled, adult children spout off on what they’re incapable of comprehending

Uhhh
Western europe didnt escape the riots and looting

Europe started two world wars.... someone remind them who ended them

What a crock of shit.

That he did. He was so busy hanging the ACA around the necks of the tax payers he never even looked at the economy.

What a crock of shit.

That he did. He was so busy hanging the ACA around the necks of the tax payers he never even looked at the economy.
The new normal was exceptionally low growth and permanent loss of manufacturing. Obama was so inept and clueless, he thought only a magic wand could fix things. It didn't take magic after all, just reversing his dumbass policies.

What a crock of shit.

The Great Obama saved us from a Depression

Trump is putting us back in

Spoken like the pootin putz that you are.

All 17 countries you have been too doesn't have the 1st amendment or 2nd either

All those countries you have been too owe the United States

Forum List

Back