NFL Owners Considering Rule Change Requiring Players to Stand for National Anthem

People fight and bleed for this country. Not because they want to see it divided and in perpetual political war and division. But because they BELIEVE in the IDEALS of this system of government and the PEOPLE it represents.
They fought and bled so someone like Colin Kaepernick could kneel during the National Anthem in protest of the government.

The government can't force him to stand, however a private employer has a different set of rules if they so choose.

People fight and bleed for this country. Not because they want to see it divided and in perpetual political war and division. But because they BELIEVE in the IDEALS of this system of government and the PEOPLE it represents.
They fought and bled so someone like Colin Kaepernick could kneel during the National Anthem in protest of the government.

The government can't force him to stand, however a private employer has a different set of rules if they so choose.
So?

Weird that so many don't get that. It's so simple.

The only ones I'm seeing that don't get that are on your side of the aisle.

So?

So, I'm saying the government cannot silence Kaepernick, but if an NFL owner wants to fine or suspend a player for doing so, they can.

Related: a long OP ED about Tebow that touches on a lot of the same arguments; even perceived boycotting and collusion between coaches - Why No One in the NFL Wants Tim Tebow – Laces Out

In his update I think he makes a great point about coaches being forced by their fans to run Tebow as a starter, instead of "their guy" and them not being willing to deal with that - I find that an interesting coincidence since Kap is asking for "starter" pay even though he'd most certainly be hired as a backup...

On a semi-related note; ROGGEERRRS NOOOOOO - My husband says he can boycott the rest of the season now though :p
Well if nothing else, you prove you'll swallow anything.

Here's a perfect example. Here you are linking an article where the author claims, "and at every level, all Tebow did was win."

And that's bullshit. Tebow did more than just win in the NFL -- he lost too. Almost as much as he won. His NFL record ended up being 9-7 with a QB rating of just 75.3.

Do you not understand that you can read something, and link it to show a specific portion, without agreeing or believing every single word in it? Now you know.

Weird that so many don't get that. It's so simple.

The only ones I'm seeing that don't get that are on your side of the aisle.
Then you’re blind.

So?

So, I'm saying the government cannot silence Kaepernick, but if an NFL owner wants to fine or suspend a player for doing so, they can.
Again ... so what?

Is anybody saying otherwise?

Related: a long OP ED about Tebow that touches on a lot of the same arguments; even perceived boycotting and collusion between coaches - Why No One in the NFL Wants Tim Tebow – Laces Out

In his update I think he makes a great point about coaches being forced by their fans to run Tebow as a starter, instead of "their guy" and them not being willing to deal with that - I find that an interesting coincidence since Kap is asking for "starter" pay even though he'd most certainly be hired as a backup...

On a semi-related note; ROGGEERRRS NOOOOOO - My husband says he can boycott the rest of the season now though :p

Here's a perfect example. Here you are linking an article where the author claims, "and at every level, all Tebow did was win."

And that's bullshit. Tebow did more than just win in the NFL -- he lost too. Almost as much as he won. His NFL record ended up being 9-7 with a QB rating of just 75.3.

Do you not understand that you can read something, and link it to show a specific portion, without agreeing or believing every single word in it? Now you know.
LOL

That was the premise of the article. But really, his glory days in highschool and college were all behind him. He couldn’t make it in the NFL.

I did.. We discussed it. YOU just played semantics. That rule from the Operations Manual has been leaked by MULTIPLE NFL officials to multiple news org. I posted it.

Solid GOLD leak.. Compared to the sewage that the NYTimes and WashPo print..
LOL

You proved nothing at all. You made some unsubstantiated claims, that’s it. Thanks for admitting you can’t actually prove what you claim.

:dance:
I posted the paragraph from the damn manual. You can't do better than that.
Posting it is easy. Anybody can do that.

Understanding it is quite another. Some here struggle in that department.

Like not being able to comprehend the distinction between "must" and "should."
They listed out the possible penalties too. Why have penalties for violating the rule if it's voluntary rule.
Great!

Now show me what it says the penalty is for not standing during the National Anthem...

:dance:
@Slyhunter ...... any day now ........ :badgrin:

LOL

That was the premise of the article. But really, his glory days in highschool and college were all behind him. He couldn’t make it in the NFL.

Well it's an OPED, which means it's one guys opinion. I posted it because of the similarities to Kaep's argument and because of the tidbit I found in there about the coaches and "their guy" which I can totally see. A coach kind of designs their team around their QB (Which is why GB is probably in trouble this season without Rogers, I mean how many times can we [GB fans/owners] strike gold with a QB backup right? I still remember the first time they ran Rogers, my husband was stressed out figuring he'd be shit, but he rocked it. I think he's better than Favre, but then I've not really forgiven him... First he joins the "enemy," I'd just barely cut him some slack for that, and now he's smackin' that he'd rather have been a Cowboy WTF!?! We had his back all those years he sucked and he pisses on our team like that when recognized? </3)

Anyway, it's a good thought, after all Kaep is clearly pushing to be a starter given he's asking so much. No doubt he's got some fans, and a shit ton of lefties who piled on the "racist" train to support him, and cramming shit down higher ups' throats is practically SOP for those types. GB is upset that we gotta do it because of that late fucking hit on Rogers, what coach in their right mind would willingly want to deal with working in a "new" QB at this point in the season? I know they have a book of plays that the whole team studies and practices in the off season, each team has different shit, so Kaep would be behind to begin with - and plus they plan those plays around their individual players strengths and weaknesses - like GB would stumble if they didn't have the players they did on the other end of Rogers guns. (It's mostly Montgomery now yea? I hear Jones rocked it too. I'm afraid I've not paid much attention to the roster or play this year because of the boycott and it's not "really" my game; I've been busy enslaving the world and killing everyone standing in the way of Malekith's rightful claim to the Phoenix Throne. :D) I'm just sayin that I completely buy into the idea/theory that coaches don't want the hassle that would come with Kaep at this point in the season.

Basically it's not all about the players stats and skills. The team is based on strategy, the individual talents the team had and designed their plays around - so it's not like you can just drop in just any "good player" and win...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back