NFL Owners Considering Rule Change Requiring Players to Stand for National Anthem

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Mods, this is a legitimate news story. Please leave it here where it will be seen by most members.

NFL owners are considering changing league rules to make it mandatory that players stand for the national anthem, a league spokesman said Tuesday.

The owners will discuss the possibility of changing the rule in a meeting next week. The league’s current policy asks that players players “stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand and refrain from talking” during the playing of the Star-Spangled Banner, but only allows for potential discipline from teams toward players failing to be on the field at that time.

NFL owners consider requiring players to stand for anthem

Mods, this is a legitimate news story. Please leave it here where it will be seen by most members.

NFL owners are considering changing league rules to make it mandatory that players stand for the national anthem, a league spokesman said Tuesday.

The owners will discuss the possibility of changing the rule in a meeting next week. The league’s current policy asks that players players “stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand and refrain from talking” during the playing of the Star-Spangled Banner, but only allows for potential discipline from teams toward players failing to be on the field at that time.

of course,they are facists who dont believe in free speech and get to make up their rules as they go along and never have to follow the rules they make.fuck the NFL.

The un-American leftists tired to push their bullshit Agenda on America though professional sports, and got promptly Trump stamped.

Another win for President Trump and the American people.

of course,they are facists who dont believe in free speech and get to make up their rules as they go along and never have to follow the rules they make.fuck the NFL.

Except this is not a free speech issue.

When I'm on the job, my speech has to be acceptable to my employer, else I'll get fired. I have free speech on my own time.

The un-American leftists tired to push their bullshit Agenda on America though professional sports, and got promptly Trump stamped.

That was the DoD that did that. And they got their collective clock cleaned for it.

Rump was still trying on various shades of orange face pancake makeup :gay: when that was exposed two years ago.

It's hilarious when people start touting "free speech" when these people are employed by the NFL. My boss has a right to tell me what to say or what not to say or do (within the confines of the law of course) and if I don't like it, I can quit or he can fire me.

But I do NOT have a right to do what I want on HIS dime.

It is interesting how many retarded idiotic Shit4brains think that there is a Constitutional right to free speech on the work place clock.

It's amazing how so many people don't understand how free speech works in this country. Good for the owners.

So whose going to put the playing role on the line?
This will also seperate players who have something going on upstairs from those who don't

Trump is talking about removing the NFL's tax breaks that they get from the country they disrespect by kneeling for the anthem.

Trump is one smart man.

That was the DoD that did that. And they got their collective clock cleaned for it.

Rump was still trying on various shades of orange face pancake makeup :gay: when that was exposed two years ago.

How did the DoD get their "collective clock cleaned" for it?

No one is upset about the anthem being played, except un-American crybabies like yourself. This whole issue has just exposed the far left for what they really are. I can't wait to see the next (D)-bag candidates defend this crap in the next election cycle.

Forum List

Back