NFL Draft Tonight - should the Dolphins waste their pick on TUA?

The Miami Dolphins draft 5th is the first round in tonight's NFL draft.
Should the pick Tua who would need a handicap parking space in Training Camp?
It is not so much his current injury status but rather the fact that he as not been able to withstand college defenses without injury now he wants to play in the NFL, against the NFL defenses I doubt he will make it past the preseason. I say the Dolphins pass on Tua and take Justin Herbert
So how does any one explain the patiots not drafting a QB? I am baffled by this.!

Well, looks like I have to renew my Jaguars season tickets.

A girl I dated in high school listened in as her son, Tyler Davis, received this phone call from Dave Caldwell, General Manager of the Jacksonville Jaguars, asking him "What do you think about coming to come play some tight end for us?"

Tyler Davis Gets Called By The Jags

The kid's worked his ass off since making his freshman team, and played his college ball at UCONN and then Georgia Tech. He's 6'4, 250lbs and runs a 4.6. You can tell by his reaction how truly appreciative he is to have this chance...

I'm happy with the Cardinals (my 2nd favorite team after da Bears) pick at #8 with Simmons. They need help on defense, hopefully this guy will do well.

Browns and Cardinals fan here. I was listening to the draft on Cleveland radio station through the internet. The hosts were wondering what Browns would do at #10 if both Simmons and a top OL were both on the board? I don't watch enough college football to have an opinion of these players, but the discussion made me more hopeful that the Cards were getting a good player after the selection.

I'm happy with the Cardinals (my 2nd favorite team after da Bears) pick at #8 with Simmons. They need help on defense, hopefully this guy will do well.

Browns and Cardinals fan here. I was listening to the draft on Cleveland radio station through the internet. The hosts were wondering what Browns would do at #10 if both Simmons and a top OL were both on the board? I don't watch enough college football to have an opinion of these players, but the discussion made me more hopeful that the Cards were getting a good player after the selection.
I don't know if you heard who the Cards picked in the 7th round with the 222nd pick overall. It was Eno Benjamin, the standout RB from Arizona State. In my opinion, Eno should've played his senior season at ASU before entering the draft. He probably cost himself millions of dollars of signing money by not playing his senior year. Oh well, at least the Cards have a potentially good RB in Eno.

I don’t think it is a “wasted pick”. Tua will have a solid NFL career if Miami’s surrounds him with the proper tools.

Oh well, at least the Cards have a potentially good RB in Eno.
One problem though. Arizona already has Alabama stud RB Kenyon Drake. Lighting fast feet.

Drake only has 456 rushes in his 4 year NFL career. Especially after Johnson's rapid decline, they may not want to trust Drake as a bell cow type back.
Good point. This seems to be why the Cards chose Benjamin. If Drake doesn't produce, he'll (Benjamin) be right there ready to take the starting spot.

Good point. This seems to be why the Cards chose Benjamin. If Drake doesn't produce, he'll (Benjamin) be right there ready to take the starting spot.

That's possible. They also might want to go with more of a running back by committee approach. That's become much more common in recent years, it seems; or maybe it's just that the RBBC has been successful more often. I don't know anything about Benjamin, but if his play style is different from Drake's, they might be used in different situations and for different play calls. :dunno:

Oh well, at least the Cards have a potentially good RB in Eno.
One problem though. Arizona already has Alabama stud RB Kenyon Drake. Lighting fast feet.

Drake only has 456 rushes in his 4 year NFL career. Especially after Johnson's rapid decline, they may not want to trust Drake as a bell cow type back.
And the interesting thing about Benjamin is he's built rock solid. He's listed as 5' 9'', but he weighs in at 207. Similar to the great Walter Payton, who played at 5'10", and about 205-210 lbs. for most of his career.

I don’t expect them to pound the ball up inside 45 times per game though.
  1. Kyler Murray is far too much of a weapon to just be handing off
  2. Arizona added D’Andre Hopkins to go with Larry Fitzgerald
  3. Drake’s speed and hands are suited for a passing attack
  4. Kliff Kingsbury is all about the Mike Leach “Air Raid”

I don’t expect them to pound the ball up inside 45 times per game though.
  1. Kyler Murray is far too much of a weapon to just be handing off
  2. Arizona added D’Andre Hopkins to go with Larry Fitzgerald
  3. Drake’s speed and hands are suited for a passing attack
  4. Kliff Kingsbury is all about the Mike Leach “Air Raid”
AND I think Eno Benjamin was a very good pick. He can fill the RB spot if Drake doesn't pan out.

AND I think Eno Benjamin was a very good pick. He can fill the RB spot if Drake doesn't pan out.
No argument here. Especially at that pick. Even if Drake performs like he has the past couple of seasons, he’ll still need a rest at certain points. Plus there is always the injury factor. I like Eno that late. Can’t go wrong.

No argument here. Especially at that pick. Even if Drake performs like he has the past couple of seasons, he’ll still need a rest at certain points. Plus there is always the injury factor. I like Eno that late. Can’t go wrong.
Yep. I'm a little surprised Benjamin DID go as low as he did. Then again, I read that he didn't do that well at the combines. Oh well, I still think the Cards got a steal for a 222nd pick.

Forum List

Back