NFL Draft Tonight - should the Dolphins waste their pick on TUA?

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
The Miami Dolphins draft 5th is the first round in tonight's NFL draft.
Should the pick Tua who would need a handicap parking space in Training Camp?
It is not so much his current injury status but rather the fact that he as not been able to withstand college defenses without injury now he wants to play in the NFL, against the NFL defenses I doubt he will make it past the preseason. I say the Dolphins pass on Tua and take Justin Herbert

It is not so much his current injury status but rather the fact that he as not been able to withstand college defenses without injury now he wants to play in the NFL, against the NFL defenses I doubt he will make it past the preseason. I say the Dolphins pass on Tua and take Justin Herbert
well lets face it most qb picks do not work out. I am not completely sold on Tua so I pass on it.

"Tuanigamanuolepola Tagovailoa"... I'd like to see his driver's license!

My full name, including only my middle initial, is only 11 letters long!

I don't really see his injury history as much of a factor. He had five injuries while at Alabama, and only two of them, a high ankle sprain and a dislocated hip resulted in him missing any games. The dislocated hip required surgery, so you can't really say the kid's not tough because he missed the last games of the season. He missed a single game because of the high ankle sprain. Again, nothing unusual.

That hip injury was nuts. Nothing like having close to 600 pounds of Mississippi State defensive players fall on your ass...

He is a great QB. Both mentally and his arm. But he us a HUGE liability. You look at him hard and he breaks down. Maybe he has osteogenesis :dunno:

Yes, they should pass on Tua. I love what he did at Alabama. And he is a seriously talented QB. But you are correct, he will not hold up against NFL defenses.

Yes, they should pass on Tua. I love what he did at Alabama. And he is a seriously talented QB. But you are correct, he will not hold up against NFL defenses.
you watchin the draft tonight? I will be looking for a winter job in the Tampa area this year, likely punta gorda. Likely run some six pack cobia and grouper charters out of there. You do realize why I have chosen that destination this year right?

Admittedly, I've not really followed his college career, but what makes you say something like this?

Dullfinz need to Call Jimmy J. and Danny boy and let them pick a QB to buy. Then Hire Dan and steal Tom B from Tampon and make them planners and offence coaches for the Dullfinz.

He just needs to get pliable with the TB12 program! Some avocado ice cream and he'll be right as rain.

Yep, SKIP Tua, Miami. Herbert would be a much better and safer pick. Good call.

I could only find where he really had only five significant injuries, three of which that didn't require him to miss any games. Only a high ankle sprain, which caused him to miss one game, and his season ending injury last year.

Did I miss something somewhere?

I could only find where he really had only five significant injuries, three of which that didn't require him to miss any games. Only a high ankle sprain, which caused him to miss one game, and his season ending injury last year.

If teams believe a good QB is needed to try to get to the Super Bowl, then they must keep trying until they get one. Teams that have not won or have not won much at all may take flyers on a flawed QB on the chance he catches fire for one year or so. Cm Newton is also available.

If teams believe a good QB is needed to try to get to the Super Bowl, then they must keep trying until they get one. Teams that have not won or have not won much at all may take flyers on a flawed QB on the chance he catches fire for one year or so. Cm Newton is also available.

I guess what I don't understand is how Tua isn't considered a good quarterback, or why he's considered a flawed quarterback.

Cam Newton's a little bitch. I wouldn't want him on my team. Not only has he proven that he can't perform in a Super Bowl, but he's also proven that can't conduct himself professionally afterwards...

Dolphins own this draft
There is so much they can do

Should be interesting to see which way they go

In past drafts, teams have gone crazy to get a QB.
Some worked out, some were busts

Look for teams fighting to get in the first five picks

Another RGIII?

I guess what I don't understand is how Tua isn't considered a good quarterback, or why he's considered a flawed quarterback.

Cam Newton's a little bitch. I wouldn't want him on my team. Not only has he proven that he can't perform in a Super Bowl, but he's also proven that can't conduct himself professionally afterwards...
The injury history is there. Other teams have drafted men with that question mark. Some successful, some not. It is a QB driven league.

Noticing the over indulgence of Covid 19 remarks nd commercials. Frankly we do not have to be reminded every minute. This is also prevalent all over the TV spectrum of channels. They need to change it up a bit.

Forum List

Back