New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen Thread

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
Dog House in back yard
Text of the Opinions

And for commentary

Although U.S. history has at times placed some “well-defined restrictions” on the right to carry firearms in public, Thomas explained, there was no tradition of a broad prohibition on carrying commonly used guns in public for self-defense. And with rare exceptions, Thomas added, there was no historical requirement that law-abiding citizens show the kind of special need for self-defense required by the New York law to carry a gun in public. Indeed, Thomas concluded, there is “no other constitutional right that an individual may exercise only after demonstrating to government officers some special need.

Personally, I don't have any real objection to the holding. Years ago when I had to drive to many meetings in and out of state, I thought it was absurd I should even have to worry about the legality of my keeping a pistol in my car. Today, I seldom venture out of my house after 8pm, and my garage door has a remote, but in my town it's legal to have a firearm in your car and open carry.

The NY Law has been determined to be unconstitutional by the SCOTUS. Biden and Dems are fuming but they can seek to amend the constitution if they don't like the ruling.

Back when Rudy was mayor and championed gun control crime went down. The opposite is happening with weaker gun laws.

The thing the left wing bigots forget is that NY always had a system that allowed concealed carry of firearms but it was administered unfairly. Only the rich and politically connected New Yorkers could obtain a firearms permit while other citizens were denied 2nd Amendment access.
Correct, you have to know someone otherwise the permits are rubber stamped denied. I lived in NY, it's corrupt to it's core.

Crime declined when Clinton and Rudy passed gun control. Crime increases with more concealed carry. This illegitimate court has brought us more death.

There are plenty or red cities that are worse. Chicago guns come from red states. Weak laws don’t work, hence the climbing homicide rate.
It is CHICAGO that has the strictest gun laws in the nation. It is CHICAGO the routinely, year after year, in the top five gun violence deaths.

Gun Control does not work. Full stop.

The numbers prove it.

Did you realize that New Yorks unconstitutional gun law has been on the books since the early 1900's. Crime in NYC, all during that time was elevated more often than not.

Clearly, it wasn't the gun law that lowered crime in NYC during the late 80s and early 90s. It was a better-policing policy.

Yet they work. Hence why the states with the weakest gun laws have huge homicide rates.

Homicide only or suicide added rates?

If guns are more plentiful, people who want to kill themselves would use what is more available.

So more guns = more gun suicides as opposed to pills, or falls, or hanging, or other methods.

Yet they work. Hence why the states with the weakest gun laws have huge homicide rates.
Freaking LIar. It is statically proven that gun free zones like Chicago have the highest murder rape and violent crime rates in the country.
DemNazi son of a bitches gotta DemNazi lie.
All Day All Night.

It is CHICAGO that has the strictest gun laws in the nation. It is CHICAGO the routinely, year after year, in the top five gun violence deaths.

Gun Control does not work. Full stop.

The numbers prove it.

Did you realize that New Yorks unconstitutional gun law has been on the books since the early 1900's. Crime in NYC, all during that time was elevated more often than not.

Clearly, it wasn't the gun law that lowered crime in NYC during the late 80s and early 90s. It was a better-policing policy.
Crime went down with Clinton and Rudy gun control. Crime increases with more concealed carry. Facts don’t work in your favor.

Homicide only or suicide added rates?

If guns are more plentiful, people who want to kill themselves would use what is more available.

So more guns = more gun suicides as opposed to pills, or falls, or hanging, or other methods.
Our worst homicide states are red with weak gun laws.

Freaking LIar. It is statically proven that gun free zones like Chicago have the highest murder rape and violent crime rates in the country.
DemNazi son of a bitches gotta DemNazi lie.
All Day All Night.
No link? Didn’t think so.

Forum List

Back