New Web Site Format

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate changes but what are you going to do? Why do they keep the stodgy old "tea party" forum when it apparently has less than a thousand posts in five years?

Oh gosh, sure miss having the active topics list on the right.

That will come back.
1584981201820.png

I have a recent thread in the announcements section requesting that the New Topics, which was what was on the side of the old forum design, be expanded to show a daily listing of what new threads were created that day. Instead of just those few new topics that had just been created.

It would save me and others the hassle of trying to find what new threads were created for the day.

Thanks

*****SMILE*****

:)

Oh BTW... If I screwed something up in this post it would be nice to be able to go back and edit it.

Okay, listen up. I keep hitting the "like" thing to choose a face and then I click it wrong and keep giving posters "thumbs up" instead. Can't seem to find a way to delete it/take it back the way we used to be able to do. Is there a way?
if you hit the wrong one, click again without releasing, slide over to the one you meant to use, then click it. Just did it to your post here.
I think I just added a second "reaction" to your post. Ignore. Just trying to follow instructions, which didn't work.
Are you using a touch device or a mouse? And you only added one reaction, the open mouthed one.
Cool! I use a mouse. I am also working on a borrowed, new sleek laptop to have more capabilities from home while I work, but the cursor keeps floating around on me a lot. Maybe I'm touching that square finger pad thing while I type. Who knows. Anyway, I appreciate your help, Depotoo.
You can change your mouse settings so it isn’t quite so sensitive. That might help.
With the mouse, click on the like icon, don’t release it. They should all pop up up just above it, keep holding the mouse down and slide up to the list, slide across it to the one you want then click it. That should do it. Also, if you just want the like, all you have to do is click it rather than hold down for the list to pop up. Only if you want the others do you need to hold the mouse button down. Hope that helps.

Looks good.

Can't post in flame zone? Who is going to keep up with coronavirus memes?

Thread does not identify OP.

Lost almost all my reactions. Had about as many as messages.

Miss all the funny, agree buttons.

I realize ya'll still working on it though, just pointed out.

Last edited:
I want to say, it is so nice not having to log back in after wondering away from the site for awhile. TY!

With all the changes, why did USMB keep “Trophy Points” that haven’t been updated in years?

That will come back.
View attachment 314328

I have a recent thread in the announcements section requesting that the New Topics, which was what was on the side of the old forum design, be expanded to show a daily listing of what new threads were created that day. Instead of just those few new topics that had just been created.

It would save me and others the hassle of trying to find what new threads were created for the day.

Thanks

*****SMILE*****

Oh BTW... If I screwed something up in this post it would be nice to be able to go back and edit it.

One problem with the new threads list, would be how many can fit there on an active day...….then would anyone check that before posting another similar thread???

As for editing, there should be at the bottom left of your post box, if you hover the cursor over it, will show edit/delete/etc

ETA...just checked it, and shows faint blue boxes 'report' 'edit' 'delete'

That will come back.
View attachment 314328

Thanks

*****SMILE*****

You can for a set time period. Look just below your post on the left. You have a choice of report, edit or delete in little boxes there.
8ACC49F9-095D-47AB-9DD3-36226AF41ECD.png

That will come back.
View attachment 314328

Thanks

*****SMILE*****

Click the edit button...

One problem with the new threads list, would be how many can fit there on an active day...….then would anyone check that before posting another similar thread???

In my thread on the subject I suggested putting a button at the bottom of the short list they normally have that would take you to a page that lists all the new threads for the day.

As for editing, there should be at the bottom left of your post box, if you hover the cursor over it, will show edit/delete/etc

The only button I see in the lower left corner of my post says REPORT.....

Is that the one you want me to push?
*****CHUCKLE*****

I don't see any edit button.

1584982434079.png

*****SMILE*****

In my thread on the subject I suggested putting a button at the bottom of the short list they normally have that would take you to a page that lists all the new threads for the day.

*****CHUCKLE*****

View attachment 314334

*****SMILE*****

Are you looking at just your post? It will only show up on your own post. Also, someone mentioned to hold down for the list on the button that does show to get a list. I am on an ipad and don’t have to do that. If so what device are you using and browser.

Edit- looks like you might have been joking. Lol

*****CHUCKLE*****

View attachment 314334

*****SMILE*****

Are you looking at just your post? It will only show up on your own post. Also, someone mentioned to hold down for the list on the button that does show to get a list. I am on an ipad and don’t have to do that. If so what device are you using and browser.

Looking back at my own older posts...…..the edit & delete option aren't there anymore, just like before it's only available within a certain timeframe.

You can only edit or delete your own post that is current...........just don't know for sure at what time that option goes away

Looking back at my own older posts...…..the edit & delete option aren't there anymore, just like before it's only available within a certain timeframe.

You can only edit or delete your own post that is current...........just don't know for sure at what time that option goes away

This has been adjusted to forever now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back