NBA's Sterling Brown Arrest Video Released Shows NBA Player Getting Tased

If Brown hadn't acted like such a kunt the LEOs would have let him go.
Brown KNEW he was causing trouble and he did it on purpose.
Lucky for him he didn't make any sudden aggressive moves.
Yeah, you sound real happy for him. I wonder who called the police and if they provided the license plate of the vehicle during the initial call. From the article:

It all went down around 2 AM on January 26 in Milwaukee when cops responded to a report of a car parked across 2 handicap spaces in an empty Walgreen's parking lot.
Not endangering anyone, not even inconveniencing anyone because the lot was empty

The cop on scene aggressively confronts Brown and begins to question him about the parking job.

Brown remains calm throughout the ordeal -- but the police officer continues to escalate the situation ... seemingly unnecessarily ... until several more cops arrive.
So the police lied about Brown being aggressive when it fact it was they who were being confrontational and antagonistic - classic pretext in order to excuse, rationalize and ultimately attempt to justify an unlawful escalation and use of force absent a threat to themselves or anyone else

At one point, the cops order Brown to take his hands out of his pockets but Brown responds, "I got stuff in my hands."

At that point, cops swarm Brown from all sides and wrestle him to the ground.

A few seconds later, you hear an officer yell for the taser and Brown gets shocked.​

How Brown was acting is irrelevant because contrary to the beliefs of a shockingly large percentage of the population, our laws do not authorize the police to beat, taser, shoot or kill citizens for not immediately complying with their orders. Nor does it allow this type of force to be used for what essentially amounts to an infraction of a parking code.

The doofus bowed up on the cop and ignored commands.
He got what he deserved.
I mean how stupid do you have to be to get up in a cops face and refuse to step back when told to?

Indeed - the proper course of action when encircled by confrontational asshole cops is to say "Yes Massa - may I shine your boots?" :icon_rolleyes:

No....the proper course of action is simple.
Dont get up in a cops face and do what he tells you to do.
You were breaking the law so you really shouldnt be surprised when you're confronted by the police.

Personally I would never have parked like he did,it shows a total lack of respect for the rules and to the handicapped.

You were breaking the law so you really shouldnt be surprised when you're confronted by the police.

Personally I would never have parked like he did,it shows a total lack of respect for the rules and to the handicapped.

Had you watched the video in its entirety, you would know that the cops were up in HIS face.
Highly confrontational and the police chief knew it, dropped charges, reprimanded his officers AND apologized.
But yes, I am CERTAIN that there were many offended handicapped people who could have used those spots at 2 AM in an entirely empty parking lot :rolleyes-41:

Had you watched the video in its entirety, you would know that the cops were up in HIS face.
Highly confrontational and the police chief knew it, dropped charges, reprimanded his officers AND apologized.
But yes, I am CERTAIN that there were many offended handicapped people who could have used those spots at 2 AM in an entirely empty parking lot :rolleyes-41:

Bullshit.
The doofus walked out of the store and immediately got in the cops face,when told to step back he refused.
He then refused to take his hands out of his pockets.

If I'm that cop and I see a car parked in a swift getaway position at 2:00 am I'm going to be immediately suspicious.
Then he gets approached by a guy who is being aggressive and refuses to take his hands out of his pockets.

He's damn lucky he didnt get his dumbass shot.

Bullshit.
The doofus walked out of the store and immediately got in the cops face,when told to step back he refused.

If I'm that cop and I see a car parked in a swift getaway position at 2:00 am I'm going to be immediately suspicious.
Then he gets approached by a guy who is being aggressive and refuses to take his hands out of his pockets.

The police chief disagrees

Bullshit.

The police chief disagrees

The police chief doesnt want the bad publicity.
Had it been anyone else there wouldnt even be a discussion about the incident.

The reason this encounter is so friggin ridiculous is that Brown hadn't violated any criminal laws, certainly nothing that warranted assaulting him with a taser. Parking incorrectly is considered a civil infraction in most jurisdictions. Also of note is how the officers involved characterized the encounter as Brown getting increasingly aggressive as the pretext for the assault they launched on him. This behavior is indefensible

Sterling Brown Arrest Video Released, Shows NBA Player Getting Tased

New police video shows Milwaukee Bucks player Sterling Brown being tased by aggressive cops during a ridiculous confrontation stemming from a parking violation.

It all went down around 2 AM on January 26 in Milwaukee when cops responded to a report of a car parked across 2 handicap spaces in an empty Walgreen's parking lot.

The cop on scene aggressively confronts Brown and begins to question him about the parking job.

Brown remains calm throughout the ordeal -- but the police officer continues to escalate the situation ... seemingly unnecessarily ... until several more cops arrive.

At one point, the cops order Brown to take his hands out of his pockets but Brown responds, "I got stuff in my hands."

A few seconds later, you hear an officer yell for the taser and Brown gets shocked.

You can hear Brown moaning in pain.

Sterling has said he did NOTHING to warrant cops using the taser and claimed the video would exonerate him.

Brown has issued a statement saying, "My experience in January with the Milwaukee Police Department was wrong and shouldn’t happen to anybody."

"What should have been a simple parking ticket turned into an attempt at police intimidation, followed by the unlawful use of physical force, including being handcuffed and tased, and then unlawfully booked."

"This experience with the Milwaukee Police Department has forced me to stand up and tell my story so that I can help prevent these injustices from happening in the future."

The mayor of Milwaukee, Tom Barrett, said he was concerned that there could be a public backlash over the incident.​

What stuff did he have in his hands, that he could not take his hands out of his pockets?

The reason this encounter is so friggin ridiculous is that Brown hadn't violated any criminal laws, certainly nothing that warranted assaulting him with a taser. Parking incorrectly is considered a civil infraction in most jurisdictions. Also of note is how the officers involved characterized the encounter as Brown getting increasingly aggressive as the pretext for the assault they launched on him. This behavior is indefensible

New police video shows Milwaukee Bucks player Sterling Brown being tased by aggressive cops during a ridiculous confrontation stemming from a parking violation.

A few seconds later, you hear an officer yell for the taser and Brown gets shocked.

Sterling has said he did NOTHING to warrant cops using the taser and claimed the video would exonerate him.

Brown has issued a statement saying, "My experience in January with the Milwaukee Police Department was wrong and shouldn’t happen to anybody."

"What should have been a simple parking ticket turned into an attempt at police intimidation, followed by the unlawful use of physical force, including being handcuffed and tased, and then unlawfully booked."

"This experience with the Milwaukee Police Department has forced me to stand up and tell my story so that I can help prevent these injustices from happening in the future."

The mayor of Milwaukee, Tom Barrett, said he was concerned that there could be a public backlash over the incident.​

What stuff did he have in his hands, that he could not take his hands out of his pockets?

Don't know. He was tased about 3 seconds after he told them just a minute, he had his hands full.

Don't know. He was tased about 3 seconds after he told them just a minute, he had his hands full.

I hope it important, to be worth all of that.

Super glue?

He didnt want the po po to see the extra small condoms he'd just purchased.

Everything was video tapped you idiot!
That's right a bunch of professional LEOs got together and all of them put their carriers on the line by "crafting a story". You REALLY are a fucking dummy!
Really? You're so emotionally vested in this incident that you've been reduced to calling me names?

If the video tape exonerates the officers why were they disciplined and the charges against Brown dropped?

Seattle PD was sued to doing something similar except it was a pregnant woman they tasered 3 times for failure to sign a traffic citation (Seattle Settles Out of Court in Malaika Brooks Case)

The lot of you are out of your minds if you honestly believe that the police not only should be tasering people for minor infractions, let alone that doing so is not an unlawful use of force.

Last edited:
I was always taught, if the Po Po have you dead to rights, and you are caught doin' something wrong, you comply with every order they give you or you WILL make things worse for yourself.

No doubt they carried things to far, but this guy was being an idiot.

Um, no. We don't live in a police state. The police have to have PROBABLE CAUSE to search you. It's called the Fourth Amendment. maybe you've heard of it.

Now, the thing is, this is another wonderful case of bullies with badges escalating what should have been a minor infraction into a major issue, when it shouldn't have been.

He broke a parking law, write him a parking ticket. DONE!

99% of cops are good guys.

1% are bullies with badges.

We need to get rid of the latter.

Finally you almost said something I agree with! There are always going to be bad apples in every bunch, not saying we shouldn’t try and weed them out, but realistically there will always be bad cops out there

Actually, it's a pretty easy way to get rid of them.

When they step over the line, you fire them.

For instance, Jason van Dyke, the mutant who shot LaQuan McDonald 16 times when he was lying on the ground, had a whole history of excessive force complaints, about 20 of them. These included an incident when he called a suspect a racial epitath, another where he dislocated the shoulder of a suspect and the city had to pay out $300K. These SHOULD have been grounds for firing, but they weren't. They didn't fire him for a year after he shot McDonald.

Furthermore, when the DOJ investigated Chicago, they found that 50% of the excessive force complaints were lodged against 1% of the police force of 14,000.

First, we need to get the FOP and other police unions out of the disciplinary and use of force system. This isn't a working condition, it shouldn't be a union issue.

Second, when there is a valid complaint about excessive force, it needs to be addressed promptly and with real consequences. The cop who tasered Sterling Brown got a two day suspension... Seriously?

I was always taught, if the Po Po have you dead to rights, and you are caught doin' something wrong, you comply with every order they give you or you WILL make things worse for yourself.

No doubt they carried things to far, but this guy was being an idiot.

Um, no. We don't live in a police state. The police have to have PROBABLE CAUSE to search you. It's called the Fourth Amendment. maybe you've heard of it.

Now, the thing is, this is another wonderful case of bullies with badges escalating what should have been a minor infraction into a major issue, when it shouldn't have been.

He broke a parking law, write him a parking ticket. DONE!

He didnt get tased for a parking infraction.
Just like Bill didnt get impeached for a blowjob.

So you don't like handicapped people and thinking it's funny when some dribbling jock hogs their parking spaces.

It was 2 AM in the morning, it wasn't like they were lined up around the block.

Again, no one is arguing that Brown should have been able to park there. The argument is that the police response was disproportionate to the crime.

Dear dis-ingenuous trolls. When the colored boy refused to take his hands out of his pockets he became a threat. I gassed a convict for something very similar. You people are crime promoting trash.

Please let us know what prison you work at so we can forward this to your superiors, along with some of your other choice comments on race.

another post that proves to be crap
he was NOT tazed for a parking 'infraction''......if you do not understand that, there is no use trying to explain anything to you because it proves your denseness
...I ask you--do you understand that he was NOT tazed for a the simple parking infraction??

No, he was tazed for "Contempt of Cop" That's actually a little worse. At least a parking violation was an actual law that was broken.

Forum List

Back