Zone1 Nazi Germany and Jehovah Witnesses

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
First off...I am not a JW. MrG used to be but they disfellowshipped him because he liked Halloween and Christmas, drank alcohol and in general did what they told him he couldn't do. But he still believed in their doctrine enough to consider himself a JW whether he was allowed in their hall or not.

Anyway...my neighbor is a JW. I had no idea just how bad it was for them during Hitler's reign. Hitler went after anyone he thought "not human" or "not worthy to breathe the same air as germans. But he also went after those who refused to take sides. He killed many of them, so it was not just Jews, mentally challenged people, cripples, etc.

Just thought I'd share, cuz I had no idea they, too, were tortured and destroyed back in the day.

Yep. I think they're nuts but many of them were certainly not cowards and stand up to left and right wing dictatorships hardly anybody else would. They are still persecuted today, in Red China and Russia.

According to law professor Archibald Cox, Jehovah's Witnesses in the United States were "the principal victims of religious persecution … they began to attract attention and provoke repression in the 1930s, when their proselytizing and numbers rapidly increased."[3] At times, political and religious animosity against Jehovah's Witnesses has led to mob action and governmental repression in various countries including the United States, Canada and Nazi Germany.

During World War II, Jehovah's Witnesses were targeted in the United States, Canada, and many other countries because they refused to serve in the military or contribute to the war effort due to their doctrine of political neutrality. In Canada, Jehovah's Witnesses were interned in camps[4] along with political dissidents and people of Japanese descent.

Jehovah's Witness members have been imprisoned in many countries for their refusal of conscription or compulsory military service. Their religious activities are banned or restricted in some countries, including Singapore, China, Vietnam, Russia and many Muslim-majority countries.[5]

The articles includes a list of countries that persecute them, including our own. I'm always nice to them when they come around every year or so proselytizing; just because they're nuts doesn't mean I don't respect them for their bravery. They shame most Christians when it comes to standing up to tyrants and deviants.

First off...I am not a JW. MrG used to be but they disfellowshipped him because he liked Halloween and Christmas, drank alcohol and in general did what they told him he couldn't do. But he still believed in their doctrine enough to consider himself a JW whether he was allowed in their hall or not.

Anyway...my neighbor is a JW. I had no idea just how bad it was for them during Hitler's reign. Hitler went after anyone he thought "not human" or "not worthy to breathe the same air as germans. But he also went after those who refused to take sides. He killed many of them, so it was not just Jews, mentally challenged people, cripples, etc.

Just thought I'd share, cuz I had no idea they, too, were tortured and destroyed back in the day.

It's estimated that about a 1,000 JW's were killed by the Nazis. A far cry from the 6 million Jews that were killed and another 4 million of others that were killed too. In any case, war is hell. Fascism is hell. Communism is hell. The United States of America is the only true beacon of freedom in the world and JW's refuse to acknowledge Old Glory, the Flagg of freedom. Most people can walk and chew gum at the same time. Meaning, we can put God first and still pledge allegiance to the United States of America. Good grief...

Forum List

Back