Naval man to lose pay over conviction in Japan.

Do you have any idea how many Japanese companies are producing products in the US, providing jobs and tax bases? Didn't think so. Run along and come back when you can see beyond the end of your nose.

$31 trillion in debt. We will be taken down without a single shot fired.

You support it, step up and start paying for it.

How many Japanese pay taxes to pay for all of this?

Uhhh, all of them.

They pay the US around $2 billion a year for that aid. And that is just direct compensation. They also provide all the land, utilities, and a lot of other support that is not cash itself.

What, you think the US has been doing it for free?

And think about that. Exactly what percentage of that debt do you think this makes up? Maybe 0.002%, maybe?

I think you should be going after the real causes of the debt. Not something as absolutely insignificant as that. Welfare programs amount to well over $1.3 trillion a year. And you are obsessing over $2 billion? That simply shows that you can not see the forest through the trees.

Nice try, moron. You voted democrat. How, pray tell, are Japanese companies providing US jobs and producing domestic product contributing to debt. Pull your head out of your ass, go back to school and take a basic economics class. Trying to educate your ignorant ass is getting frustrating.

Uhhh, all of them.

They pay the US around $2 billion a year for that aid. And that is just direct compensation. They also provide all the land, utilities, and a lot of other support that is not cash itself.

What, you think the US has been doing it for free?
About a quarter what it costs us. Step up and pay for it. Even then, I'm still against it.

And think about that. Exactly what percentage of that debt do you think this makes up? Maybe 0.002%, maybe?

I think you should be going after the real causes of the debt. Not something as absolutely insignificant as that. Welfare programs amount to well over $1.3 trillion a year. And you are obsessing over $2 billion? That simply shows that you can not see the forest through the trees.

I believe all the debt needs paid for. Everyone seems fine with running what they support on debt.

Heck Bush wanted to run his wars completely on debt.

I believe all the debt needs paid for. Everyone seems fine with running what they support on debt.

Heck Bush wanted to run his wars completely on debt.
Do you know the last time the US was debt free? 1835. There hasn't been one penny paid on the debt principal since long before you were born. Clinton and the democrats had an opportunity when they posted a surplus in 2000, but, nope, not one thin dime--but we have plenty to pay interest payments ad nauseum.

Do you know the last time the US was debt free? 1835. There hasn't been one penny paid on the debt principal since long before you were born. Clinton and the democrats had an opportunity when they posted a surplus in 2000, but, nope, not one thin dime--but we have plenty to pay interest payments ad nauseum.

Hell, a lot of that debt the government literally owes to itself. Over $7 trillion worth.

The State Department owes the Marine Corps every month for the security they provide them. Every time the Army flies somewhere on Air Force planes, they have to pay for that. The BLM gets assistance from the military for firefighting operations, they get a bill. If there is some disaster somewhere and the military and National Guard step in, FEMA cuts them a check. A hell of a lot of our "debt" is literally just one department owing another department in the government money.

And a huge chunk of the rest are "entitlements". That literally is something that must be paid no matter what. Welfare, Social Security, wages, things like that. That by far is the largest chunk that the government has to pay, and it can't stop paying it.

It always amazes me when people obsess over a small figure that is discretionary. And that is what the majority of the money spent on the military is, discretionary. That means they can pay ir or not, it is not obligated and Federally mandated. Over 63% of the US budget is mandatory spending. The military? That is just a part of the 30% of the US budget that is discretionary.

You can tell when somebody is an obsessed moron when they bloviate endlessly on that 30%, and completely ignore the 63%.

The rest of the world isn't going to let it go on forever. Bringing it down has already started.

The rest of the world isn't going to let it go on forever. Bringing it down has already started.

What makes you think we owe the world money?

Do you even know how it all works?

Here, to give you an idea. Like any other company or person, we borrow money based on our assets. And in 2013, the US had in excess of $225 trillion in hard assets. Add in inflation alone and not the rise of the value of those assets and that comes to $287 trillion today.

The debt is what, $31 trillion in total today?

Hell, I bet a lot of people wish their actual debt was so low compared to their hard assets. How many people in this country have a debt to asset ratio of 10 to 1 asset to debt? I bet not damned many, unless they live a cash only existence.

What makes you think we owe the world money?

Do you even know how it all works?

Here, to give you an idea. Like any other company or person, we borrow money based on our assets. And in 2013, the US had in excess of $225 trillion in hard assets. Add in inflation alone and not the rise of the value of those assets and that comes to $287 trillion today.

The debt is what, $31 trillion in total today?

Hell, I bet a lot of people wish their actual debt was so low compared to their hard assets. How many people in this country have a debt to asset ratio of 10 to 1 asset to debt? I bet not damned many, unless they live a cash only existence.

China Is Quietly Trying to Dethrone the Dollar

It's not going to end well for the next generations.

Hell, a lot of that debt the government literally owes to itself. Over $7 trillion worth.

The State Department owes the Marine Corps every month for the security they provide them. Every time the Army flies somewhere on Air Force planes, they have to pay for that. The BLM gets assistance from the military for firefighting operations, they get a bill. If there is some disaster somewhere and the military and National Guard step in, FEMA cuts them a check. A hell of a lot of our "debt" is literally just one department owing another department in the government money.

And a huge chunk of the rest are "entitlements". That literally is something that must be paid no matter what. Welfare, Social Security, wages, things like that. That by far is the largest chunk that the government has to pay, and it can't stop paying it.

It always amazes me when people obsess over a small figure that is discretionary. And that is what the majority of the money spent on the military is, discretionary. That means they can pay ir or not, it is not obligated and Federally mandated. Over 63% of the US budget is mandatory spending. The military? That is just a part of the 30% of the US budget that is discretionary.

You can tell when somebody is an obsessed moron when they bloviate endlessly on that 30%, and completely ignore the 63%.
Thirty one trillion dollars of debt. Over 40% is owned by five countries that we make interest payments to each and every year. I am not sure what your point is, but mine, quite simply is paying debt service on approximately 12 trillion dollars is absolute insanity. There should be no unsupported social programs until this debt is paid off.

The US congress is undermining to dollar and China knows it and is salivating over this stupidity.

Yes, the abuse of the dollar is what is driving China and others to undermine it. We like things but don't actually want to pay for those things.

Forum List

Back