My Truck feels Lonely since I drive an Electic Trike

Since it is quiet and doesn't pollute, many people won't like it. Electric vehicles just make too much sense. With just a couple of solar panels they can be recharged for free, so oil lovers are upset. It would make one too self sufficient and independent.
As "Hog" fans demonstrate, there's nothing like the feeling of imposing your noise and air pollution on everyone!
/——/ It had nothing to do with being an oil lover. What an asinine statement. We have an infrastructure of gasoline supplies all over the world that took 100 years to build. The range of a gasoline or diesel car is unlimited. Electrics are fine for local travel but the lack of charging stations and the long recharge time makes them impractical. Maybe in 25 years. You big dope.

BTW, in California when the power was cut to stop the fires, all the “electric lovers” cars were useless.

Except those with the newer or the upgraded homes and buildings that had solar power. The US is behind on most western countries on the neutral power systems but it's coming. I am seeing it more and more every day in the form of Solar and Wind. For instance, the power here is Hydroelectric with some Natural Gas, Solar and Wind. The Gas and Diesel systems were shut down over 50 years ago and the last Coal fired one was shut down last year within 250 miles or more. Electricity has gone down in cost, not up. Even with the Forest Fires, electric power is rarely interrupted because we have one of the best power grids in the nation. And we also have ample charging stations all along the Interstate Systems for fast charging of Electric Vehicles already in place. You can drive the entire length of the state (about 400 miles) with one 30 minute lunch stop for a charge in a day easy. That means I can drive from Grand Junction to Denver non stop for a business trip, do my business, spend the night while I recharge the EV and head back the next morning non stop. The claimed range of the EV is right around 400 miles but the real range is about 300 at highway speed. But Business people don't do this. Their time is more important. They take a vehicle to the Airport, park it there, fly that 250 miles, rent a vehicle, do their business and then fly back the same day.
"Oil lovers of the world, unite! You wouldn't want Exxon to stop making over $400 per second net profit!"

Since it is quiet and doesn't pollute, many people won't like it. Electric vehicles just make too much sense. With just a couple of solar panels they can be recharged for free, so oil lovers are upset. It would make one too self sufficient and independent.
As "Hog" fans demonstrate, there's nothing like the feeling of imposing your noise and air pollution on everyone!
/——/ It had nothing to do with being an oil lover. What an asinine statement. We have an infrastructure of gasoline supplies all over the world that took 100 years to build. The range of a gasoline or diesel car is unlimited. Electrics are fine for local travel but the lack of charging stations and the long recharge time makes them impractical. Maybe in 25 years. You big dope.

BTW, in California when the power was cut to stop the fires, all the “electric lovers” cars were useless.

Except those with the newer or the upgraded homes and buildings that had solar power. The US is behind on most western countries on the neutral power systems but it's coming. I am seeing it more and more every day in the form of Solar and Wind. For instance, the power here is Hydroelectric with some Natural Gas, Solar and Wind. The Gas and Diesel systems were shut down over 50 years ago and the last Coal fired one was shut down last year within 250 miles or more. Electricity has gone down in cost, not up. Even with the Forest Fires, electric power is rarely interrupted because we have one of the best power grids in the nation. And we also have ample charging stations all along the Interstate Systems for fast charging of Electric Vehicles already in place. You can drive the entire length of the state (about 400 miles) with one 30 minute lunch stop for a charge in a day easy. That means I can drive from Grand Junction to Denver non stop for a business trip, do my business, spend the night while I recharge the EV and head back the next morning non stop. The claimed range of the EV is right around 400 miles but the real range is about 300 at highway speed. But Business people don't do this. Their time is more important. They take a vehicle to the Airport, park it there, fly that 250 miles, rent a vehicle, do their business and then fly back the same day.
"Oil lovers of the world, unite! You wouldn't want Exxon to stop making over $400 per second net profit!"
/——/ Exxon stock is down by half. How much do you celebrate Planned Parenthood’s profit?

Petulant puppies prefer petroleum.

/——/ Exxon stock is down by half. How much do you celebrate Planned Parenthood’s profit?
What, in anyone's addled brain, does that have to do with petroleum profits and pollution?
There, another opportunity to display puppy petulance with the idiot button.

What, in anyone's addled brain, does that have to do with petroleum profits and pollution?
There, another opportunity to display puppy petulance with the idiot button.
/----/ Oh, it's OK to attack Exxon profits but not a pet Libtard company.

Petulant puppies prefer petroleum.
/----/ To be true to your beliefs, you need to disconnect from all things petroleum. Chop chop
acting stupid.jpg

I wish to helll you people would stop saying electric vehicles don't pollute when they are the most polluting vehicles ever devised.
As long as the tooth fairy isn't putting the electricy in the socket to charge these things, all they are is a very inefficient way to burn the fossil fuel which in all likelihood was burned to generate the electricity used to charge the stupid things. You can begin at the power plant where the efficiency is on a par with a standard car to convert chemical energy into heat and eventually mechanical energy to either propel the car or spin a turbine and generator. From there transmission and conversion losses all add up to produce waste heat before your so called pollution free electric vehicle can get a single yard down the road. Put your hand on the battery charger, feel that heat? It's wasted energy and contributes to the overall inefficiency of the energy chain involved. Same thing with the batteries that heat up during recharge, not to mention the energy wasted just for hauling the extra weight of the batteries down the road. Before a single milliwatts leaves the power plant, you're already in the hole efficiency wise. Adding steps does not create efficiency nor does it save on generating pollution, it only makes things worse. Thinking electric vehicles are environmentally clean is almost as stupid as believing in perpetual motion. All they manage to do is to move the pollution to somewhere out of the immediate vicinity.

I think it's pretty cool, not fugly either.

We can ride golf carts, side by sides, even into town. ATV iffy, sheriff dept waves, staties stop you.

I wish to helll you people would stop saying electric vehicles don't pollute when they are the most polluting vehicles ever devised.
As long as the tooth fairy isn't putting the electricy in the socket to charge these things, all they are is a very inefficient way to burn the fossil fuel which in all likelihood was burned to generate the electricity used to charge the stupid things. You can begin at the power plant where the efficiency is on a par with a standard car to convert chemical energy into heat and eventually mechanical energy to either propel the car or spin a turbine and generator. From there transmission and conversion losses all add up to produce waste heat before your so called pollution free electric vehicle can get a single yard down the road. Put your hand on the battery charger, feel that heat? It's wasted energy and contributes to the overall inefficiency of the energy chain involved. Same thing with the batteries that heat up during recharge, not to mention the energy wasted just for hauling the extra weight of the batteries down the road. Before a single milliwatts leaves the power plant, you're already in the hole efficiency wise. Adding steps does not create efficiency nor does it save on generating pollution, it only makes things worse. Thinking electric vehicles are environmentally clean is almost as stupid as believing in perpetual motion. All they manage to do is to move the pollution to somewhere out of the immediate vicinity.

When manufacturing, there is no difference in which type of powered vehicle pollutes less or more. They are almost exactly equal.

In recycling, the only part that is different is the Lipo4 batteries. Europe has a full blown recycling system. Here in the United States, as always, we are lagging way behind. But necessity has a tendency to make things right. As more and more vehicles are produced the Public will demand a decent recycling program become created. There is nothing in the Lipo4 battery that cannot be recycled.

Cost of Operation and Production. In the first 3 years, the Gas rig is the best buy since it's 6000 bucks cheaper. But after that, the EV gets it's investment back and becomes the better buy. As the cost of Batteries and the size of batteries continue to decline as well as the efficiency goes up, that difference of purchase becomes less and less. By 2025, the 1000 mile range will be broken due to the introduction of the solid state battery. Plus, the full recharge rate of just minutes will be obtained. If you go back to 1902, the Electric ruled over the Gas Powered vehicles. It's just taking back it's rightful place.

Almost everything you claim is wrong or mostly wrong. It's coming no matter how much you attempt to stop it. The major auto producers are quickly headed that direction world wide. As renewable energy is used more and more, the electric makes more sense. Countries like Norway will be completely electric car and LT Truck in 2025. China is shooting for 2030. In India, if you call a Taxi, it's going to be an electric.

I am quite sure that the Steamers said the same things you are saying after 1903. But they got over it.

We can ride golf carts, side by sides, even into town. ATV iffy, sheriff dept waves, staties stop you.

I stopped by a Drive Through and a Harley Rider out on the Avenue yelled about how he like my ride. He said, "Now, that's the way to do it" and he gave me a thumbs up. Even the 4 wheelers that yell at the 2 wheeled bicyclists to get off the road always wave at me and smile. I am now 69 years old but I've driven electric bikes since 2000. I used to be a major Distributor. I have always rode what I sold. Since then I have learned that it makes a lot of economic sense. My systems end up making more sense than even the common Golf Cart unless you upgrade the batteries to Lipo4s.

I don't know when or how the United States decided the slower vehicles should be excluded from the local roads. For instance, Goosebay Labrador allows Snowmobiles in the winter time and ATVs year around. Some of the funny cars in England would never be allowed in the US. Same goes for vehicles for the Asian realm. The only reason that an original Model T can be operated in the United States is the Grand Father laws. If you built a similar vehicle from scratch it would not be legal to operate on public roads.

I stopped by a Drive Through and a Harley Rider out on the Avenue yelled about how he like my ride. He said, "Now, that's the way to do it" and he gave me a thumbs up. Even the 4 wheelers that yell at the 2 wheeled bicyclists to get off the road always wave at me and smile. I am now 69 years old but I've driven electric bikes since 2000. I used to be a major Distributor. I have always rode what I sold. Since then I have learned that it makes a lot of economic sense. My systems end up making more sense than even the common Golf Cart unless you upgrade the batteries to Lipo4s.

I don't know when or how the United States decided the slower vehicles should be excluded from the local roads. For instance, Goosebay Labrador allows Snowmobiles in the winter time and ATVs year around. Some of the funny cars in England would never be allowed in the US. Same goes for vehicles for the Asian realm. The only reason that an original Model T can be operated in the United States is the Grand Father laws. If you built a similar vehicle from scratch it would not be legal to operate on public roads.

Of course he did, it's cool. I had a Harley FLHTC about the same color.

I flew lots RC, with lipos, darn good innovation.

I like electric and yes it's coming. Hate to give up my Corvette though.

You're bike would be totally legal here. Prob though is no shoulders, if no centerline it's 50MPH and rednecks don't like anyone in their way.

Of course he did, it's cool. I had a Harley FLHTC about the same color.

I flew lots RC, with lipos, darn good innovation.

I like electric and yes it's coming. Hate to give up my Corvette though.

You're bike would be totally legal here. Prob though is no shoulders, if no centerline it's 50MPH and rednecks don't like anyone in their way.

The Classic Muscles will never go away. They are grand fathered in now. Just like the Model T and such. Here are the requirements for a Low Speed Electric Bicycle that can operate on any public road other than Interstates and Posted Roads in the United States.

Must be designed as a Bicycle
Must have functional pedals
Must have one operational brake
Must have 750 watts or less (1hp) of electric power
California has a limit of 1000 watts/1.5 hp
Must have 2 or 3 wheels
Cannot exceed 20 mph
Must follow all bicycle regulations when operated
Does not require any Registration, license or operators license
Some states have an age limit of 16 years old

It has fewer restrictions than the NEVs which has 4 wheels but can only be operated in 35mph or less streets and does require licensing, operator license and insurance. And the 50cc isn't really that much faster with the restriction of Must be able to maintain at least 25mph and not exceed 30 mph, requires insurance, operators license and registration.

The local Cops tolerate the gas powered bikes around here until you do something stupid. Then they lay a 5lb ticket on you. There are too many locker room lawyers around who say they are legal. Then there are the ones that claim that you don't need a drivers license to operate the 50cc and smaller scooters, no insurance or registration but get stopped and get a big surprise. Normally, the local cops are pretty laid back but the Stateys have absolutely no sense of humor.

Oh my. Good to hear on muscles. 2003 anniversary model. I won't list all the specs anyone can look them up. Anniversary package 6K over the stock 50K model, it's sweet.

Those small scooters scare me. Rode an old Vespa a long time, but on dirt roads. But on roads with people got to pass you at 85 to take the next exit, no thanks (glad I'm in Ky and that is not an issue here)

Staties all business. 1972 I got accepted to CT state police Only had 900 took 50 a year) but had already joined USAF. I'd a been a bad cop anyway, know how it goes. Deal with shit people all day, "I didn't do that" "i didn't shoot him, gun went off by itself" "that's not my crack stuck up my crack" whatever would turn me bad.

Now the electrics, they got me going. Well been an electrician most my life, yeah did gun manufacturing, knives, WTF I worked 2 3 jobs a day. But electricity? Tech of batteries today? It's coming. Just let me keep my Vette.
DzJUuvf.jpg
0Gt6PdC.jpg
83xjNMq.jpg

Forum List

Back