My Step Mother-in-Law Thinks that My Son is Having a Break with Reality

MAGAism is a mental illness.
The Duke: Yeah, Making America Great is just such a bad thing according to you, huh? Why? :dunno: I take it you're for making America worse, then? Well, looks like you're winning for now.

John Edgar Slow Horses said: MAGAism makes it worse. The Tea Party, far right, and then MAGA all lost its mind when a black man was elected President, and its been a growing political war ever since.
Demographics and time has diminished MAGA power every year.
DJT's criminality is now in the courts, and that will accelerate the fall of MAGA.

They are concerned about the mental condition of a kid who has strong political opinions while ignoring the homeless drug addicted rabble they trip over every day in the streets. Orwell lives.

And this is exactly why I spend so much time and energy observing this stuff, particularly here on USMB, where it's all in one place.

What's happening to this country is NOT POLITICAL. It's sociological, cultural. It's seeping deeper and deeper every day, decreasing the chances we can fully turn it around.
She's my wife's father's third wife, but she's been married to him for almost twenty years now, so she is accepted as family, pretty much. By all but my wife's father's first wife anyway.

So, she calls my wife and tells her that she is concerned about my second son's posts on Facebook. She said that they are very dark and delusional.

I took a look, and it turned out that the posts are primarily about how the government doesn't have the best interests of the people at heart, how both parties are essentially the same, etc. Standard libertarian stuff.

But Step MIL and the rest of my wife's family live in Virginia. No doubt they only watch legacy media. They likely have no idea that there is any other source of information available, regarding Foxnews or any other non-liberal outlet to be nothing but lies and disinformation.

So she honestly believes that disagreement with the dogma indicates a mental illness. This about a family member. It isn't the standard "you're delusional" insult we might hurl at each other here. It's actual concern. People can be convinced that disagreement with government is not normal, even if it is family and friends disagreeing.

The next step will be rounding dissenters up for "mental health care" in a facility of confinement until the person has completed their re-education.

You need to get rid of her before she can do any damage and tell your DAD it is time for My Fathers 4th Wife.
Or you can have the kid move in with you and give him a USMB account too.

Forum List

Back