My State of Texas Tells Teachers: TIME TO ARM - YEEEHAW!

It isn't nitpicking when you directly contradict yourself in the matter of a few posts, Dipshit.

Oh, and armed police DID stop this shooter. He is dead.

Yes, they stopped him AFTER he killed a bunch of kids...not very effective.

Why would you think that a sign like that or armed teachers would stop a shooter like this one?

These mass murders know that they are going to die anyway. All that sign says to a suicidal mass murderer is "Shoot the Adults first."
In the County where I live in we have trained and certified teachers to be armed.

With some teachers armed there is a chance.

With none armed there is no chance.

Why would you think that a sign like that or armed teachers would stop a shooter like this one?

Why did you think that 10 minutes ago, Lunatic?

You mean that your going to take my wild guess as the absolute truth. Any intelligent person understood that it was nothing but a wild guess, and that explains why you didn't.

I guess this idiocy of arming teachers is just where we are heading. The little yellow school house that I spent my elementary years have been replaced by schools that look less like places of learning than jail houses. Fewer and fewer windows, heavy steel doors, and monitors walking up and down the aisles like prison guards.

Have you seen the new schools. LOL.. They look just like prisons.

Is it any wonder that our children think that they live in a world under siege and have anxiety through the roof.

But hey, let's instill our kids with more paranoia and fear.

Let's arm our teachers.

Wow what a good idea.

Will teachers wear holsters? Will they keep their guns in their desks? Will the guns be tucked in the back of their pants so that the kids will see them when they write on the white board?

So the Republican plan is not to go to the source of the gun problem. There solution, is as always, put the burden on those that are most a risk. It is their modus operandi.

In the County where I live in we have trained and certified teachers to be armed.

With some teachers armed there is a chance.

With none armed there is no chance.

Yes, there is a chance that an armed teacher may kill an active shooter, but there's a greater chance that armed officers would - and that didn't work.

It wasn't a though there were no armed people trying to stop this guy. He out gunned them and had body armor.

Besides, if you arm all the teachers, how long do you think before a teacher goes berserk and kills a bunch of kids?

Why do you nit-pick at my words? I do not think like a mass murderer so I can only guess at what they'd do - stop trying to make an omnipresent god out of me.

You apparently have no reasonable argument so you have to resort to nit-picking at my words and hoping that you'll find some significant contradiction. You have failed.

Let's hear your argument why you think that armed teachers would have stopped this shooter when several armed police officers could not.

You have no such argument? That's what I thought.
Once again Dumbass, when you directly contradict one of your posts in a manner of minutes (which you have done twice now) you will get called out on your lies.

And I don't know if armed teachers would have stopped him. I do know they would have had a better chance than being unarmed. And as you said, if they had a sign out front telling these nutbags they were armed he would move on to another target.

Now, let's here your reasoning for keeping teachers unarmed.

Afghans fought the three largest and most powerful armies on earth to a draw in three consecutive wars.

Ukraine had very limited private ownership of firearms prior to the invasion. Fewer than 10% of Ukrainians possessed firearms legally and their carry laws are extremely restrictive.

You're talking out of your ass.
Well he has no choice.

Hes all ass.

Yes, there is a chance that an armed teacher may kill an active shooter, but there's a greater chance that armed officers would - and that didn't work.

It wasn't a though there were no armed people trying to stop this guy. He out gunned them and had body armor.

Besides, if you arm all the teachers, how long do you think before a teacher goes berserk and kills a bunch of kids?

Nothing stopping that now. And if all the other teachers were armed they would be there to stop it well before law enforcement showed up.

Nothing stopping that now. And if all the other teachers were armed they would be there to stop it well before law enforcement showed up.
You really don't want to arm most teachers, and most don't want to be.

You really don't want to arm most teachers, and most don't want to be.
Obviously it would be voluntary and based upon a certain amount of training.

There are already several school districts in Texas doing just that.

If your that emotionally attached to your guns, then you are crazy and should have them taken away.

The only people that should be allowed to have guns are people who do not want to have a gun!

Despite the fact that I've lived in several 'high crime' areas in my life, I do not want a gun. I do not understand why anyone would want one.
I could care less what you think.

No they didn't force him into the school, but they sure couldn't stop him.

Proving that several armed officers couldn't stop an insane well-armed well-protected shooter. So why would anyone believe that an armed school teacher could have?
Better than having only your pecker in your hand to defend with.

Plenty of weapons everywhere if they get trained to use them. Self defense classes for them. I could take a pkp fite extinguisher. Blind you then fuck you up.

I guess this idiocy of arming teachers is just where we are heading. The little yellow school house that I spent my elementary years have been replaced by schools that look less like places of learning than jail houses. Fewer and fewer windows, heavy steel doors, and monitors walking up and down the aisles like prison guards.

Is it any wonder that our children think that they live in a world under siege and have anxiety through the roof.

Let's arm our teachers.

Wow what a good idea.

Will teachers wear holsters? Will they keep their guns in their desks? Will the guns be tucked in the back of their pants so that the kids will see them when they write on the white board?

So the Republican plan is not to go to the source of the gun problem. There solution, is as always, put the burden on those that are most a risk. It is their modus operandi.
Not arming the teachers gives the nutcases a freeby.

If you folks knew as many teachers as I do, you would think twice about this idea.

"Let’s say we want the bare minimum, just enough to pass the safety requirement for gun ownership. In Maryland, there’s a company that will charge you $100 for that training. The cost, then, would be about $71.8 million for all of our teachers.

.....more robust training means that the cost for our 718,000 teachers spikes to $718 million. There would almost certainly be some efficiencies of scale that would come into play here — systems would be developed to train teachers quickly and at less cost — but the figure would still likely run into the hundreds of millions of dollars."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ming-americas-schools/?utm_term=.296687096db3

WHAT?????

That's it????????

Here's a place to start:
"...the nearly $450 million spent annually on National Public Radio, the Public Broadcasting Network and a number of small regional public radio and TV networks would disappear."
Trump Budget Has Public Broadcasting in a Fight for its Life

Here's another 'donation'...
"...Planned Parenthood receives approximately $500 million a year in taxpayer funds, as a GAO report indicated last year."
How Much of Your Tax Money Does Planned Parenthood Get? A New Report Will Tell You | LifeNews.com

What the heck are we waiting for???????

(My children's teachers are licensed and armed......we home school.)
Sounds like the perfect plan!

I don't think Texas taxpayers would mind vests for all kids plus 4 armed guards per school. This is the taxpayers duty.

There is tragic irony in that the Republican Party is passionate about protecting the life of the unborn but has no interest in protecting the lives of the born, children and adults alike. Their decades long struggle to permit dangerous people like Salvador Ramos and Payton S. Gendron to own guns prove that point.
As expected, the forum's Republicans did not respond to the issues of the above report.

The pious Republican Governor Abbott who was nearly sobbing as he talked about the massacre of children signed a new pro-gun law that went into effect [in September 2021]. It allows most Texans to legally own a firearm and carry it openly in public without obtaining a permit, training, or background check, Abbott lowered the age to legally buy an assault-style rifle to 18.

Which is exactly what Salvador Ramos did. The citizens of Uvalde, Texas, thank you Governor Abbott.

ABC reports, "Salvador Ramos, the suspect in the Robb Elementary School shooting, after turning 18 on May 16, purchased two rifles and carried out the second-worst school shooting in U.S. history.

"The suspect purchased two AR-15-style rifles on May 22, two days before the massacre and six days after his birthday, multiple law enforcement officials told ABC News. They were legal purchases."

Every state in the union controlled by the Republican Party has permit-less carry laws.https://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/Permitless_Carry_States.pdf

The absence of a permit means no background check of the buyer, a buyer like Ramos.

In the Buffalo massacre a mere eleven days ago the shooter, a believer in the Republican conspiracy called the Replacement Theory, gunned down ten black people.

A new Yahoo News/YouGov poll shows that more than 6 in 10 Donald Trump voters (61%) agree that “a group of people in this country are trying to replace native-born Americans with immigrants and people of color who share their political views” — a core tenet of the false conspiracy theory known as the “great replacement.”

The Republican Party has provided the license and the means to allow deranged people like Salvador Ramos and Payton Gendron to kill Americans as is the case of Uvalde and Buffalo.

Republican Senators remain silent and will not allow the needed legislation to become law. The NRA contributes heavily to the Republican Party, and the GOP has for decades stymied gun control measures in Congress.

The really sad part is this. Within a few days the furor will die down, something Republicans are counting on, and not a damn thing will get done. Within days there will be another massacre.

And another. And another.

Let's arm our teachers.

Wow what a good idea.

This is the stupidest thing I've seen in months.

If your that emotionally attached to your guns, then you are crazy and should have them taken away.

The only people that should be allowed to have guns are people who do not want to have a gun!

Despite the fact that I've lived in several 'high crime' areas in my life, I do not want a gun. I do not understand why anyone would want one.
Your lack of understanding is not my problem.

As expected, the forum's Republicans did not respond to the issues of the above report.

The pious Republican Governor Abbott who was nearly sobbing as he talked about the massacre of children signed a new pro-gun law that went into effect [in September 2021]. It allows most Texans to legally own a firearm and carry it openly in public without obtaining a permit, training, or background check, Abbott lowered the age to legally buy an assault-style rifle to 18.

Which is exactly what Salvador Ramos did. The citizens of Uvalde, Texas, thank you Governor Abbott.

ABC reports, "Salvador Ramos, the suspect in the Robb Elementary School shooting, after turning 18 on May 16, purchased two rifles and carried out the second-worst school shooting in U.S. history.

"The suspect purchased two AR-15-style rifles on May 22, two days before the massacre and six days after his birthday, multiple law enforcement officials told ABC News. They were legal purchases."

Every state in the union controlled by the Republican Party has permit-less carry laws.https://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/Permitless_Carry_States.pdf

The absence of a permit means no background check of the buyer, a buyer like Ramos.

In the Buffalo massacre a mere eleven days ago the shooter, a believer in the Republican conspiracy called the Replacement Theory, gunned down ten black people.

A new Yahoo News/YouGov poll shows that more than 6 in 10 Donald Trump voters (61%) agree that “a group of people in this country are trying to replace native-born Americans with immigrants and people of color who share their political views” — a core tenet of the false conspiracy theory known as the “great replacement.”

The Republican Party has provided the license and the means to allow deranged people like Salvador Ramos and Payton Gendron to kill Americans as is the case of Uvalde and Buffalo.

Republican Senators remain silent and will not allow the needed legislation to become law. The NRA contributes heavily to the Republican Party, and the GOP has for decades stymied gun control measures in Congress.

The really sad part is this. Within a few days the furor will die down, something Republicans are counting on, and not a damn thing will get done. Within days there will be another massacre.

And another. And another.
Yeah....yeah...we know....you leftists want to murder children before and after they're born and you think that America is willing to blame the NRA for the very thing that Democrats support:

• Democrats support rioters
  • Democrats support shop-lifting
  • Democrats support drug-cartels
  • Democrats support letting murderers out after they shoot up a school if they're black
  • Democrats support baby formula shortages
  • Democrats support flooding our borders with infected illegals by the millions
  • Democrats support espionage
  • Democrats support leaking state secrets and selling missile technology to our enemies
  • Democrats support turning over our weapons to our enemies
  • Democrats support the destruction of our energy supply
  • Democrats support the destruction of Democracy by stealing elections

Forum List

Back