Juneteenth is moronic - my opinion is correct - here's why

DarthTrader

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2022
Juneteenth is designed to make people angry. Why? Because it's not genuine on the face of it.

If it was about emancipation it'd be fucking called EMANCIPATION DAY.

And because Emancipation Day sounds genuine, Americans would feel patriotic celebrating a good outcome of the Civil War.

I don't know what "Juneteenth" is....sounds like some kind of god damned birthday.

I don't care that it's scheduled over an existing holiday. It's natural that with only 365 days a year - holidays are limited and some needlessly overlap.

Maybe Emancipation Day and Martin Luther King's birthday should be made the same day. After all President's day combined holidays for various Presidential birthdays.

Not that dumbarsed Washingtonians give a shit about intelligent ideas.

• Banned
Juneteenth is a TEXAS holiday.

I don't give a shit what everybody else does.
I didn't say it was a federal holiday originally, it's just more woke bullshit. Wokeism didn't begin with Obama etc. It's been around since the 1930s at least.

Emancipation Proclamation ended slavery in the US. Period. Jan 1st. Not June 19th.

Emancipation day is actually in April, but June 19th 1865 was when Texas slaves were told they were free. I have no problem with the holiday, I just don't agree with the way it's portrayed or handled. It should be a happy time, not an angry finger pointing time.

I didn't say it was a federal holiday originally, it's just more woke bullshit. Wokeism didn't begin with Obama etc. It's been around since the 1930s at least.

Emancipation Proclamation ended slavery in the US. Period. Jan 1st. Not June 19th.
Actually, it only ended slavery in the states controlled by the Union. The Confederate States ignored it.

• Banned
Actually, it only ended slavery in the states controlled by the Union. The Confederate States ignored it.
No shit. But Texas didn't surrender June 19th either.

Texas surrendered to the Union May 12, 1865.
Where oh where is that "June 19"? LOLOL

• Banned
Emancipation day is actually in April, but June 19th 1865 was when Texas slaves were told they were free. I have no problem with the holiday, I just don't agree with the way it's portrayed or handled. It should be a happy time, not an angry finger pointing time.
Slaves knew a lot sooner than June 19 that they were free, mostly because the Texas men were all dead or eating garbage from trash cans long before that.

The order given by Major General Granger was given June 2nd. Where's June 19 again?

Slaves knew a lot sooner than June 19 that they were free, mostly because the Texas men were all dead or eating garbage from trash cans long before that.

The order given by Major General Granger was given June 2nd. Where's June 19 again?

It wasn't given June 2nd, Order No. 3 was issued June 19th 1865. Sure the slaves knew, but everything was made "Official" on that date in Texas.

It wasn't given June 2nd, Order No. 3 was issued June 19th 1865. Sure the slaves knew, but everything was made "Official" on that date in Texas.
I literally just read the Major General's orders in Galveston. June 2nd 1865.
I don't really care beyond that. Seems like some "locale" heard an order some time later. Making the holiday even dumber. Stick to a holiday that everyone agrees on and is a very clear set date, such as the Emancipation Proclamation.

This hodgepodge crap is why it's not genuine and makes people angry or disinterested.

That's like saying we'll celebrate Independence day on July 18 when it was ratified by Rhode Island.

Get what I'm fucking saying now?

Why should that be a national holiday? As the Union Army took more slave territory the slaves were freed at that time. Taking an event in Texas and making it a national holiday is dumb as hell.

Add to it the fact that slavery officially ended when the 13th Amendment was ratified.

I don't really care beyond that. Seems like some "locale" heard an order some time later. Making the holiday even dumber. Stick to a holiday that everyone agrees on and is a very clear set date, such as the Emancipation Proclamation.

This hodgepodge crap is why it's not genuine and makes people angry or disinterested.

That's like saying we'll celebrate Independence day on July 18 when it was ratified by Rhode Island.

The Emancipation Proclamation took effect on a New Year's Day.

Literally no one is getting angry over a mixup of dates, provided said mixup ever actually happened.

Why should that be a national holiday? As the Union Army took more slave territory the slaves were freed at that time. Taking an event in Texas and making it a national holiday is dumb as hell.

Add to it the fact that slavery officially ended when the 13th Amendment was ratified.

I don't see why it should be made a national holiday either. Like I said, I have no problem with the holiday itself, I have a problem with how it's presented and handled. Instead of being happy and appreciative of the freedom and state of America today, people choose to point fingers and be angry. I don't agree with that.

The Emancipation Proclamation was issued by President Lincoln in order to redefine the Civil War as a crusade against slavery and induce slaves in the Confederate States to join the Union Army. Paradoxically, it did not apply to states that stayed in the Union.

Of all the things to rant about.

I don't give a shit one way or another if it becomes a national holiday. It's a Texas holiday and will always be a Texas holiday. Period.

Juneteenth is designed to make people angry. Why? Because it's not genuine on the face of it.

If it was about emancipation it'd be fucking called EMANCIPATION DAY.

And because Emancipation Day sounds genuine, Americans would feel patriotic celebrating a good outcome of the Civil War.

I don't know what "Juneteenth" is....sounds like some kind of god damned birthday.

I don't care that it's scheduled over an existing holiday. It's natural that with only 365 days a year - holidays are limited and some needlessly overlap.

Maybe Emancipation Day and Martin Luther King's birthday should be made the same day. After all President's day combined holidays for various Presidential birthdays.

Not that dumbarsed Washingtonians give a shit about intelligent ideas.
You still here, Tvaritch? A little Divide-and-Conquer trolling? :auiqs.jpg:

No shit. But Texas didn't surrender June 19th either.

Texas surrendered to the Union May 12, 1865.
Where oh where is that "June 19"? LOLOL
June 19, 1865 is when Union General Gordon Granger announced that all the former slaves in Texas were free. THAT'S why June 19 became a day of celebration.

Forum List

Back