My State of Texas Tells Teachers: TIME TO ARM - YEEEHAW!

Mr. Ken Paxton, the AG here in Texas told Newsmax that it was time to arm our teachers and have shootouts in the playground - that will help solve the school shooting issue here in Texas. I hope teachers get a little bit of training that way when a 5 year old asks them "What is that, Mrs. Jones?" she can give a strong answer "That is in case Mrs. Jones needs to blow a shooter's brain out, Timmy - go back to recess."

Thoughts on telling teachers to get armed and be ready for a gunfight?

As usual the pro child butchering monster lies.

Taxpayer funded armed guards. 3 per school. They get paid at the top of the salary schedule us full benefits. Job creation.

No...but a young male school teacher could be trained to put one right between the eye sockets....pretty easily
OOOHH.....whatsamatta wid me....I forgot equal opportunity.....so could a female teacher.

JO
Armed teachers would suggest to the kids that they live in a dangerous world, not the fairy tale land that liberal teachers prefer.

Nope. I really don't need my guns. I don't hunt or shoot skeet anymore and it's been decades since I used the revolver for target practice.

Pretty sure those won't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

I could give up my gun right now, but it wouldn't stop the murders in Chicago that are inevitably going on right now.

I could have given up my gun yesterday and it wouldn't have stopped Ramos from killing those children.

I could have given up my gun at any point in the last 10 years and it wouldn't have stopped any of the worst mass shootings in America's history.

If it were that simple, then guns would be flying off the shelves for that exact reason.

Give one gun, save one life.

How naive.

Anyone can get a gun and shoot 19 elementary kids and you call the other side amoral...

The laws you support enables mentally unstable people get access to guns... These deaths are on your hands..

So go fuck yourself calling other amoral.. Have a look in the mirror buddy..
Accusing law abiding citizens for tje crimes of a crazy is utter bs. Criminals will get guns even if we banned guns.

Who are you to accuse us of crimes we didnt commit?

Pretty sure those won't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

I could give up my gun right now, but it wouldn't stop the murders in Chicago that are inevitably going on right now.

I could have given up my gun yesterday and it wouldn't have stopped Ramos from killing those children.

I could have given up my gun at any point in the last 10 years and it wouldn't have stopped any of the worse mass shootings in America's history.

If it were that simple, then guns would be flying off the shelves for that exact reason.

Give one gun, save one life.

How naive.
Check out Israel's strategy. They've had two shootings since the 1970s.

Well I think you are goo to get a Musket without insurance... Anything with a fire rate much above that you would need insurance... Much like media companies buy liability insurance today...

At the moment the Government or Victims end up paying for the freeloader gun owners... I am not infringing on what gun you can own, just if you own it, you have to pay the full cost of ownership. Do you want the government giving out free guns as well because everyone has a right to own a gun...

The cost of owning a gun is not just the price of the gun but also the insurance if anything goes wrong with that gun (You can waive that if you show you have $20+ million in liquid assets...
Still waiting for you to show where the Constitution requires insurance to exercise a right

Also, that would be the same as a poll tax.

The US has more guns than people.
And? So what if there are 3x more guns than people? The discrepancy still remains in terms of which lives are privileged to be protected by firearms. Good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns.

Did you fail to get the memo...

This guy was met with an armed security guard and two police officers and he had on full body armour and semi automatic gun... He over powered them...

What's your solution, have every elementary school have a security detail like the green zone... Does every elementary school get there own SWAT team?

This whole incident has put the 'good guy with a gun argument' to bed as Bullshit. There was three good guys with guns and they couldn't stop him.
Did you not get the memo? What ultimately stopped the bad guy with the gun?

And? So what if there are 3x more guns than people? The discrepancy still remains in terms of which lives are privileged to be protected by firearms. Good guys with guns stop bad guys with guns.
Check out Israel's gun strategy.

There were already several armed police officers engaging the shooter before he even got into the school, so having armed people onsite didn't help at all.
How so? He had to engage them with return fire and it helped keep him busy. Or maybe 50 kids would be desd

Forum List

Back