My nephew died like a dog.

If they were legal it would be easier to get drugs that aren't laced with fentanyl
They would have to be legal, untamed and free. The states that have legalized Marijuana have both a legal Marijuana trade and a much larger Marijuana trade.

Sometimes a pet lives for a long time. But things get to the point where age steps in and the poor animal suffers with each passing day. That is when a decision must be made by the loving pet owner to end the suffering. A professional Veterinarian has chemicals that will put the animal to sleep stopping its respiration and heartbeat. I am sorry to say that my nephew just died like a dog. He was 35 years old, and he swallowed a pill laced with Fentanyl. He had no idea the Fentanyl was in the pill, and no one is talking about where the pill came from. He lived in a woke city that passed an ordinance treating criminal drug use like a medical condition and was handing out clean needles to drug users Blah, blah. Blah.

I just came from the wake and was invited to go to my sister-in-law’s house afterwards for a gathering of family members. My wife and I declined because we know what is going to ensue. My brother-in-law has already stated that one of my other nephews bought the Fentanyl. There will be drinking and finger pointing.

I point my finger at the community, the mayor, the city council et al. My nephew is dead-that's final. There is no coming back from dead. They put him in the ground tomorrow. Wokeness is fatal.

This is so tragic, and you have my sincerest condolences.

Too much compassion is deadly, as we can all see now. The border agent who died in the Rio Grande trying to rescue illegals, your nephew...

When will liberals ever accept that there are limits on compassion and generosity? Just because one is not compassionate or believes in the rule of law doesn't warrant us saying that they are dehumanizing those illegal immigrants. They already dehumanized themselves by making the trip.

Don't believe me? Google some of the stories of what some of these illegals have done to themselves or their children just to get here.

Yeah I’m sure they dig these elaborate tunnels to smuggle in teddy bears.
View attachment 635857

Those tunnels are NOT used by illegal immigrants.
People smuggling drugs do not carry them by hand and they don't then try to illegally reside in the US.
When a tunnel like this is used, after the drugs are delivered, the smugglers return to Mexico.

Very sorry for your loss. As I have been posting for years, Fentanyl deaths are not overdoses, they are poisonings.

Don't think so.
Fentanyl is a commonly used prescription drug.
{...
Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid that is 80-100 times stronger than morphine. Pharmaceutical fentanyl was developed for pain management treatment of cancer patients, applied in a patch on the skin. Because of its powerful opioid properties, Fentanyl is also diverted for abuse. Fentanyl is added to heroin to increase its potency, or be disguised as highly potent heroin. Many users believe that they are purchasing heroin and actually don’t know that they are purchasing fentanyl – which often results in overdose deaths. Clandestinely-produced fentanyl is primarily manufactured in Mexico.
...}
If used in careful doses, it is not deadly.
So whenever someone dies, it is because the purity was unknown.
If drugs were legalized, then all purity would be known, and no one would die from fentanyl.

Check any rural graveyard. They're just as full of young people who OD'd. "Wokeness" -- that is, being a decent human being -- has nothing to do with the issue.
The woke are far from decent human beings......weirdos and nutjobs yes

If you overdose, and die, it is your own damn fault!

I disagree.
There is no way people can know the potency or purity of a drug that they can not have tested because someone has arbitrarily decided it will be illegal.
So the fault of all overdoses is the police actually.
There is no legal basis for the War on Drugs, and the police are responsible for all the deaths.

How is it not the parent's fault if he "didn't know better"?
Where did I say that he "didn't know better?"
Who will pay for the rehab when these people get addicted? My grandsons stepfather has been through rehab 3 times for illegal drugs. Since is he an electrical lineman, it is a miracle he hasn't killed himself or someone else.
Your question shows the key flaw of the statism that you espouse.

We make "everyone" responsible for "everyone's" health expenses, with government as enforcer of that obligation. Then of course we are going to demand that government control people's behavior in order to control costs. Freedom is out the window, but "everyone" can afford years of psychiatric and surgical "care," if God misgendered them at birth.

Legalize freedom again and all that goes away.

Where did I say that he "didn't know better?"

Your question shows the key flaw of the statism that you espouse.

We make "everyone" responsible for "everyone's" health expenses, with government as enforcer of that obligation. Then of course we are going to demand that government control people's behavior in order to control costs. Freedom is out the window, but "everyone" can afford years of psychiatric and surgical "care," if God misgendered them at birth.

Legalize freedom again and all that goes away.

Actually the problem is the insurance companies.
Take their monopoly over health care away, and health care costs drop in half.
Almost all health care costs are accidental, like injuries and epidemics.
So behavior has little to do with it.
Almost all countries in the world have public health care, and none of them have become draconian over behavior.

Sorry for your loss. The culprit imo is the WOD. Without that and with a regulatory market, the pills dispensed could be regulated with the proper doses.

Also, going after chronic pain patients and requiring another costly level of bureaucracy on those patients has created a number of causalities of old hippies dying from old Dr. Feelgood.......\

My best friend OD'ed on morphine a year and a half out of high school in 1979.

Sorry for your loss. The culprit imo is the WOD. Without that and with a regulatory market, the pills dispensed could be regulated with the proper doses.

Also, going after chronic pain patients and requiring another costly level of bureaucracy on those patients has created a number of causalities of old hippies dying from old Dr. Feelgood.......\

My best friend OD'ed on morphine a year and a half out of high school in 1979.
I've disagreed with you on another issue. But you're right as rain on this one.

I didn't want to just hit like lest you think I was liking your last sentence.

Last edited:
Sometimes a pet lives for a long time. But things get to the point where age steps in and the poor animal suffers with each passing day. That is when a decision must be made by the loving pet owner to end the suffering. A professional Veterinarian has chemicals that will put the animal to sleep stopping its respiration and heartbeat. I am sorry to say that my nephew just died like a dog. He was 35 years old, and he swallowed a pill laced with Fentanyl. He had no idea the Fentanyl was in the pill, and no one is talking about where the pill came from. He lived in a woke city that passed an ordinance treating criminal drug use like a medical condition and was handing out clean needles to drug users Blah, blah. Blah.

I just came from the wake and was invited to go to my sister-in-law’s house afterwards for a gathering of family members. My wife and I declined because we know what is going to ensue. My brother-in-law has already stated that one of my other nephews bought the Fentanyl. There will be drinking and finger pointing.

I point my finger at the community, the mayor, the city council et al. My nephew is dead-that's final. There is no coming back from dead. They put him in the ground tomorrow. Wokeness is fatal.
Sorry but you can't blame anyone but the users and suppliers and our own gov't for failing to do anything serious about stopping these Fentanyl laced drugs from getting into the country.

Families with addicts live with the daily realization that this is the likely eventual end for their loved ones and from what I've seen when it finally happens once the grief has passed there is a huge sense of relief in not constantly waiting for that call.

very sorry for your loss, will pray for your nephew

Did he swallow a legal pill? not trying to be difficult, just want to know the whole story...

And we have states that have legalized hard core drugs...........Same people who want open borders to get it cheap.

The deaths are stacking up.......The Open Border people are a Cancer on this country.
i can't even see teh lowest IQ Dim voter voting D in November...

but I guess there are a lot of hard headed and stupid and evil (pro baby murder) people in our country so....

sigh

Forum List

Back