My city is gone, what about yours?

Another "good old days" thread? I grew up in almost unimaginable poverty in various rural Appalachian shitholes. Nostalgia is for people who grew up pampered and sheltered with full bellies and parents who had time to raise them.
Sorry you were one of the first of president Johnsons failed experiments.
My parents grew up worshiping an angry God and picking another man's cotton and didn't know any different. The only president I blame for my childhood is Jefferson Davis.

The Leftest in this country have destroyed everything they touched.
What is the best example?
San Francisco
The typical home value of homes in San Francisco is $1,463,979. The median price of homes currently listed in Tulsa is $198,000. Why the difference?
Cost of living. Duh!
And a bunch of people (mostly from Asia) with piles of money driving up prices on the west coast.
If SF is so bad why do they go there?
People are leaving. Perhaps you're not informed.
San Francisco is simply heartrending. It's criminal what happened to that Jewel of a city. It was the center of Silicon Valley with high paying jobs. Those companies have been leaving. Google made an unfortunate business decision by going to Venice. Now they have go move again. San Francisco is like watching a huge beautiful ship slowly sinking under the waves. It takes a lot to sink a city like San Francisco. The drugs and shit will eventually do it.
Except cities rarely 'sink', rather they ride a pendulum going down until they hit bottom then rising again.
So when are Democrats gonna bring Frisco back?
Back from where?

Oh sh*it. We have gays that are like 3% and blacks that are 13% are suddenly the center of the bleedin universe. Go to say, MSM news and "gay man is harassed" (nothing about Andy Ngo being beaten by lefties) And to quote Vonnegut: And so it goes.

Andy Ngo should go into crowds that want to beat him up because he's been antagonizing them for years.

San Francisco
The typical home value of homes in San Francisco is $1,463,979. The median price of homes currently listed in Tulsa is $198,000. Why the difference?
Cost of living. Duh!
And a bunch of people (mostly from Asia) with piles of money driving up prices on the west coast.
San Francisco is simply heartrending. It's criminal what happened to that Jewel of a city. It was the center of Silicon Valley with high paying jobs. Those companies have been leaving. Google made an unfortunate business decision by going to Venice. Now they have go move again. San Francisco is like watching a huge beautiful ship slowly sinking under the waves. It takes a lot to sink a city like San Francisco. The drugs and shit will eventually do it.
Except cities rarely 'sink', rather they ride a pendulum going down until they hit bottom then rising again.
Back from where?
This is the part where you play dumb, huh. Never mind.

San Francisco
Cost of living. Duh!
Back from where?
No this is the part where tell us what you used to measure how much Leftists have destroyed everything. One measure might be empty rentals. No one wants to live there so apartments are vacant. Oddly, CA seems to be less than most Red states?
rental-vacancy-rates-by-state-1.png

Of course...the fact that building new rentals in California is somewhere between difficult and impossible might have something to do with it...

Ray is another example of someone who lives in a well run, educated city that has progressive leadership, and sucks off the teat of all the benefits said city offers those who live there, only to spend countless hours complaining everyday about how liberal it has become.

Of course, moving to a hardcore conservative city is out of the question, as all the amenities are stripped bare, and the only place you'll find manicured lawns and beautiful gardens of flowers are in the front acreage of the cities largest employers. But feel free to get you a double wide on the outskirts, where your 'freedoms' and personal beliefs will be shared with your fellow residents.

That way you can quit complaining and crying about liberals in your midst, and your fellow townsfolk will likely share your paranoid delusions about a 'stolen election'.

Happy trails, be sure to let is know how things are in your conservative hellhole paradise.

I live in the "most conservative city" in America (or it was two years ago from what I recall.

It is a city of well planned neighborhoods, good infrastructure and future looking leaders. Except for the poor side of the city where they elect left wing morons to the legislature that promise everything and deliver nothing (and the poor side just keeps going in the wrong direction).

Suck on it.
Hey dickhead...all cities have prosperous and not so prosperous sections...it is their nature

And do they all continue to elect left wing liars who promise everything and deliver nothing ?

San Francisco
Cost of living. Duh!
Back from where?
No this is the part where tell us what you used to measure how much Leftists have destroyed everything. One measure might be empty rentals. No one wants to live there so apartments are vacant. Oddly, CA seems to be less than most Red states?
I'd rather live in Rapid City, South Dakota than in the middle of San Franshitco.

San Francisco
Cost of living. Duh!
Back from where?
I'd rather live in Rapid City, South Dakota than in the middle of San Franshitco.
And the people of San Francisco (and pretty much everywhere else) are happy to let you

There is really not a Red States and Blue States divide.

The divide is actually America and the Democrat controlled big city shitholes.

Ray9
That is the best post I have read in months.
All I can say is that it’s only going to get worse .
I am guessing you’re in your 60s or so ??
Have you considered moving to a new region of America??

Ray is another example of someone who lives in a well run, educated city that has progressive leadership, and sucks off the teat of all the benefits said city offers those who live there, only to spend countless hours complaining everyday about how liberal it has become.

Of course, moving to a hardcore conservative city is out of the question, as all the amenities are stripped bare, and the only place you'll find manicured lawns and beautiful gardens of flowers are in the front acreage of the cities largest employers. But feel free to get you a double wide on the outskirts, where your 'freedoms' and personal beliefs will be shared with your fellow residents.

That way you can quit complaining and crying about liberals in your midst, and your fellow townsfolk will likely share your paranoid delusions about a 'stolen election'.

Happy trails, be sure to let is know how things are in your conservative hellhole paradise.
Liberals suck ass.

Ray9
That is the best post I have read in months.
All I can say is that it’s only going to get worse .
I am guessing you’re in your 60s or so ??
Have you considered moving to a new region of America??
I am 74, and thank you for the compliment. I was a steelworker for twenty years and then worked in private industry for another thirty. I live on two pensions plus social security. Pensions have disappeared for the plebian masses in America but not for elite leadership. That should tell you something about globalization. Pensions for me but not for thee.

That picture icon is not me, it is Eric Hoffer. His landmark book, The True Believer, is still in print. He was self-educated but his writing requires a college reading level. I have always admired this man and strive to write on his level. They told me in school that I had innate writing ability but I had three kids by the time I was 25 and I had to go to work like Eric.

I have had my writing evaluated by experts and they say the Flesch-Kincaid score is too high because the average American can only read on a 7th or 8th grade level. I am considered dangerous by many academics and politicians and have been cancelled by local media.

I have six grandchildren and a great grandson. I will never stop exposing what is going on.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back