My city is gone, what about yours?

The city I grew up in is a piece of work. It is a small New England town tucked away in southwestern New Hampshire with a beautiful church at the head of a circular rotary featuring a statue of a Civil War soldier. On a sultry summer night well after the witching hour in 1967 my friend Sonny and I were trying to move scattered cannonballs back into the neat pile where they originated around the replica cannon on Central Square as it is known.

Those round projectiles were incredibly heavy, and I could barely roll one, but Sonny was strong, and he could lift one and carry it. Just three years prior the city had been recognized for an “All-America-City” award, a distinction not handed out lightly. I could not have known a half century ago that the city would devolve into a bizarre Orwellian nightmare, manufacturing moronic Manchurian Candidates of political correctness.

The city has a newspaper, a radio station, and a college that have morphed into a kind of local Bermuda Triangle of dispensed brain damage, influencing public opinion in destructive ways, not the least of which appears to be a drop in local average intelligence. It is counterintuitive that a city with a college at its center would produce a cerebrally stunted population but that appears to be the case and it seems to be part of a plan to wreck civilized society in order to rebuild it in the image of some grand utopian surveilled and controlled model of totalitarian overlording.

It has been nearly 60 years since that All America City Award and in the overall scheme that is not much time to stupefy a community into giving up their most important freedoms. A brazen, stolen, and crooked presidential election took place right before the eyes of local denizens preoccupied with the fairy dust of equity, inclusion, and Critical Race Theory. The city is lost, and I am greatly saddened by this outcome.

All I can do is to keep an account of what is happening and use wordsmithing skills to bring it to the people. That is becoming more difficult in an age that cancels “dangerous thinking”. For those that can still think, censorship is the hallmark of every totalitarian society that has ever existed. If you are reading this you are still free, but time is running out. My city is gone, what about yours?
Minneapolis is now a shithole.,....'nuf said.

Actually he did, you just aren't smart enough to realize it. Like most college towns, it was consumed by your marxist ideology and for all intents and purposes died as a decent American city.

Um, no, actually, it was babbling prose and a lot of white fragility. Since he won't say what college town it is, not even sure he's being serious.

But what makes a person note worthy?
Do you want to honor and remember conquerors like Genghis Khan, Napoleon, Caesar, etc., or people who helped others, like Ghandi, Salk, MLK Jr., etc.?

I don't think Columbus accomplished much, because all sailors understand the earth is a sphere.
They see it whenever a ship crosses the horizon, with the hull disappearing first, slowly followed by the masts/yards.
And apparently his motivation was greed and his actions included slavery.

And there was the genocide. Let's not forget the genocide.

Need a crowbar to get that foot out of your mouth?

or do you just enjoy the taste?

Not at all... I just gave you some historical perspective... Columbus was barely a footnote until Italian Americans needed a hero.

Unfortunately, they picked a incompetent, racist, genocidal idiot.
Columbus was barely a footnote until Italian Americans needed a hero.

How many cities does he have named after him?

Can you be any more lame?

" In the United States alone there are more than 30 states that have a city named Columbus. When we think of Columbus, though, it is most common that we think about Columbus, Ohio, the home of Ohio State University."

(More at link)

Or, were they ALL named because Italian Americans needed a hero?

The Leftest in this country have destroyed everything they touched.
What is the best example?
San Francisco
The typical home value of homes in San Francisco is $1,463,979. The median price of homes currently listed in Tulsa is $198,000. Why the difference?
Cost of living. Duh!
And a bunch of people (mostly from Asia) with piles of money driving up prices on the west coast.
If SF is so bad why do they go there?
People are leaving. Perhaps you're not informed.
San Francisco is simply heartrending. It's criminal what happened to that Jewel of a city. It was the center of Silicon Valley with high paying jobs. Those companies have been leaving. Google made an unfortunate business decision by going to Venice. Now they have go move again. San Francisco is like watching a huge beautiful ship slowly sinking under the waves. It takes a lot to sink a city like San Francisco. The drugs and shit will eventually do it.

" In the United States alone there are more than 30 states that have a city named Columbus. When we think of Columbus, though, it is most common that we think about Columbus, Ohio, the home of Ohio State University."

Um, so what?

There are 30 places named "Clinton", after DeWitt Clinton, not Bill. He's barely a footnote.

Oh, Columbus doesn't even rate in the top 10. I guess you get to 30 if you count counties as well as cities and towns.

Brooklyn? Pass. Any part of New York SHITTY needs to be sunk into the Atlantic.
When was the last time you were there?
Never, fortunately.
Always nice to hear an opinion unbiased by actual experience.
New York Shitty has been nothing but a leech on the rest of the state. Every fucking idiotic policy that comes from the Capital District is geared EXCLUSIVELY to benefit the cesspool and to hell with the rest of the state.
I grant you there is a part of most NYC natives that considers Canada begins just north of Bear Mountain. On the other hand, almost 1/2 of all NYers live in or around the city. I do feel for you since I feel the same way about Wyoming having way more power (proportionally) than NY does.
Ahh yes, another asswipe who thinks the urban shitholes should have ALL the say in the national agenda. Two words for you: Screw YOU!
Ahh yes, another asswipe who thinks the rural shitholes should have ALL the say in the national agenda. Two words for you: Screw YOU!
OK, then get this. These rural areas, which BTW represent America far better than the urban shitholes, will cut off all food supplies to the cities, how's that for revenge?
Farms are owned by corporations. Family farms are a small portion of food. 5% of farms produce 70% of our food.
And you know the owners and investors of the corporations live in those cities.

San Francisco
The typical home value of homes in San Francisco is $1,463,979. The median price of homes currently listed in Tulsa is $198,000. Why the difference?
Cost of living. Duh!
And a bunch of people (mostly from Asia) with piles of money driving up prices on the west coast.
San Francisco is simply heartrending. It's criminal what happened to that Jewel of a city. It was the center of Silicon Valley with high paying jobs. Those companies have been leaving. Google made an unfortunate business decision by going to Venice. Now they have go move again. San Francisco is like watching a huge beautiful ship slowly sinking under the waves. It takes a lot to sink a city like San Francisco. The drugs and shit will eventually do it.
Except cities rarely 'sink', rather they ride a pendulum going down until they hit bottom then rising again.

Um, so what?

There are 30 places named "Clinton", after DeWitt Clinton, not Bill. He's barely a footnote.

Oh, Columbus doesn't even rate in the top 10. I guess you get to 30 if you count counties as well as cities and towns.

Your responses keep getting lamer.

you should quit before you lose your sole.

Your responses keep getting lamer.

you should quit before you lose your sole.

Sorry, man, nobody ever considered Columbus that important of a figure until recently...

Now we are re-evaluating him not "as the guy who discovered America" but as "the guy who started the genocide of the Native Americans."
Sorry, man, nobody ever considered Columbus that important of a figure until recently...

Recently?

a good portion of the cities in the link I provided were named after him in the 17 and 1800s.

Pull the butt plug out, and admit you're wrong...

again.

Recently?

a good portion of the cities in the link I provided were named after him in the 17 and 1800s.

And so what? He got a placed named after him. That didn't make him that important.

More places named after DeWitt Clinton, and most people don't even remember who he was.

When it came to the important shit, like a Federal Holiday and parades and such, That didn't happen until the 20th Century.

One more key thing... We don't call the New World "Columbia", just small parts of it. We call it "America".. after Amerigo Vespucci... And we don't even know for sure if that guy travelled to the New World as often as he claimed he did.

The city I grew up in is a piece of work. It is a small New England town tucked away in southwestern New Hampshire with a beautiful church at the head of a circular rotary featuring a statue of a Civil War soldier. On a sultry summer night well after the witching hour in 1967 my friend Sonny and I were trying to move scattered cannonballs back into the neat pile where they originated around the replica cannon on Central Square as it is known.

Those round projectiles were incredibly heavy, and I could barely roll one, but Sonny was strong, and he could lift one and carry it. Just three years prior the city had been recognized for an “All-America-City” award, a distinction not handed out lightly. I could not have known a half century ago that the city would devolve into a bizarre Orwellian nightmare, manufacturing moronic Manchurian Candidates of political correctness.

The city has a newspaper, a radio station, and a college that have morphed into a kind of local Bermuda Triangle of dispensed brain damage, influencing public opinion in destructive ways, not the least of which appears to be a drop in local average intelligence. It is counterintuitive that a city with a college at its center would produce a cerebrally stunted population but that appears to be the case and it seems to be part of a plan to wreck civilized society in order to rebuild it in the image of some grand utopian surveilled and controlled model of totalitarian overlording.

It has been nearly 60 years since that All America City Award and in the overall scheme that is not much time to stupefy a community into giving up their most important freedoms. A brazen, stolen, and crooked presidential election took place right before the eyes of local denizens preoccupied with the fairy dust of equity, inclusion, and Critical Race Theory. The city is lost, and I am greatly saddened by this outcome.

All I can do is to keep an account of what is happening and use wordsmithing skills to bring it to the people. That is becoming more difficult in an age that cancels “dangerous thinking”. For those that can still think, censorship is the hallmark of every totalitarian society that has ever existed. If you are reading this you are still free, but time is running out. My city is gone, what about yours?
Five minutes of my time. Gone forever.

#124: But note the effeminizing capabilities of the cannabis cartoon, much deadlier than hard drugs, said ironically as we approach the zenith of (yangrise [italics]).

Recently?

And so what? He got a placed named after him. That didn't make him that important.

More places named after DeWitt Clinton, and most people don't even remember who he was.

When it came to the important shit, like a Federal Holiday and parades and such, That didn't happen until the 20th Century.

lame

#132 is one piece of arrogant feces, an automaton of capitalism in the age of cynicism.

Stolen election my foot. Grow up.

San Francisco
Cost of living. Duh!
Except cities rarely 'sink', rather they ride a pendulum going down until they hit bottom then rising again.
So when are Democrats gonna bring Frisco back?

Forum List

Back