My Cheap New Laptop Lost it's Cursor

You're trying to do something too strenuous for the cheap laptop to handle.

Are you listening to music or playing video games (or just video)? How many apps do you have open at once?

Well, I tried a mouse yesterday and that didn't work --yesterday.

This morning it decided to work -- with the mouse.

It's hard getting used to using a laptop with mouse, but at least I have my "new" computer back and usable

You're trying to do something too strenuous for the cheap laptop to handle.

Are you listening to music or playing video games (or just video)? How many apps do you have open at once?
I don't do video games. The touch pad just quit

I don't do video games. The touch pad just quit
I have four! I get in trouble with the men... Cyndi why don't you buy a good one? I got refurbished.....Because? I want My goldie locks photo software?
so I babysit 4- little sick children.... I carry them around from room to room- each one has issues and their own adapter? And a name! Some need to go to bed for the night.
windows 7 wasn't this bad?
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzhyper.gif

On many laptops the touchpad is a bluetooth device.
So one thing to try is to push Windows-q
In the searchbar type touchpad.
Turn it off, wait a couple seconds and turn it back on.
This will reset it's bluetooth connection.

Well, I tried a mouse yesterday and that didn't work --yesterday.

This morning it decided to work -- with the mouse.

It's hard getting used to using a laptop with mouse, but at least I have my "new" computer back and usable

Disable all the automatic updates crap and if you use that McaFee garbage uninstall it. It's worse than the viruses, and quit downloading 'free stuff' and most apps are junk code written by programmers in Mumbai living in abandoned shipping containers, so dump most of those as well. And reinstall your drivers. Or just check your settings; you may have changed them accidentally.

Forum List

Back