My atheist sister told me she's not celebrating Christmas this year...

...she said that if I buy her a present, she will donate it away.

Question for atheists: Do you consider this an acceptable way to treat your relatives?
Buy her a bottle of the pond scum that she believes she is

192033a2ae30e0110c530184eeb32bb8.jpg

I'm not an atheist but buying an athiest a Christmas present is insulting. Don't do it.
Jesus never did put a present under the tree he was a Jew...

Jesus wasn't a Christian???
No. Jesus was a Jew who did not worship himself. Truly that can't surprise you.

And Karl Marx wasn't a Marxist.
I thought he was younger than Gummo..

I'm not an atheist but buying an athiest a Christmas present is insulting. Don't do it.

Jesus wasn't a Christian???
No. Jesus was a Jew who did not worship himself. Truly that can't surprise you.

And Karl Marx wasn't a Marxist.
To HIM Karl Marx considered himself a communist

Question for atheists: Do you consider this an acceptable way to treat your relatives?
I don't. It's really not a way to treat anyone. I like being an atheist since I can celebrate EVERY holiday.

Suppose she gave you a chicken to slaughter for a Santeria celebration.

Would you slaughter it and dip the feet in blood so as not to offend her?

But the Wise Men brought gifts to the baby Jesus. Jesus was a Jew. Why? Why was Jesus a Jew and not a Christian? There were no Christians until after Jesus died.
Well, technically, all those that followed Jesus around, listening to and agreeing with his speeches, could be considered Christians. More accurately, they were just a bunch of Hippies.

But the Wise Men brought gifts to the baby Jesus. Jesus was a Jew. Why? Why was Jesus a Jew and not a Christian? There were no Christians until after Jesus died.
Well, technically, all those that followed Jesus around, listening to and agreeing with his speeches, could be considered Christians. More accurately, they were just a bunch of Hippies.
Those that followed Jesus were Jews. Jesus was the Rabbi. After Jesus was Crucified and rose from the dead followers were knows as Christians. Merely believing in the preachings of Jesus does not make a Christian. Belief that Jesus died for your sins and was resurrected is Christianity.

Belief that Jesus died for your sins and was resurrected is Christianity.

Ahem, no.

Internalizing and acting on the revelation of Jesus that teaches the only right way to understand and conform to the figurative language of the divine commands that fulfills the promise of eternal life while still living on earth was the basis of Christianity lost to time ever since the movement was assimilated and perverted by Rome in 325 c.e. when superstitious pagans conjured and unleashed on the world the three in one edible mangod that you worship- the antichrist- a false sugar coated substitute wonder working messiah that was and will be, but is not.

Jesus did not die for your sins. Jesus did not abolish the law.

Again, Jesus taught and demonstrated the only right way to follow the law that fulfils the promise of life. Those who act on that teaching rise from the death of sin and enter the kingdom of Heaven, the sanctuary of God, exactly like Jesus did.

The law is not and never will be obsolete. Sin is disobedience to the law, the consequence is death.

The only thing about the law that became obsolete after the revelation of Jesus was the wrong way to follow it.

Last edited:

Ahem, no.

Internalizing and acting on the revelation of Jesus that teaches the only right way to understand and conform to the figurative language of the divine commands that fulfills the promise of eternal life while still living on earth was the basis of Christianity lost to time ever since the movement was assimilated and perverted by Rome in 325 c.e. when superstitious pagans conjured and unleashed on the world the three in one edible mangod that you worship- the antichrist- a false sugar coated substitute wonder working messiah that was and will be, but is not.

Again, Jesus taught and demonstrated the only right way to follow the law that fulfils the promise of life. Those who act on that teaching rise from the death of sin and enter the kingdom of Heaven, the sanctuary of God, exactly like Jesus did.

The law is not and never will be obsolete. Sin is disobedience to the law, the consequence is death.

The only thing about the law that became obsolete after the revelation of Jesus was the wrong way to follow it.
Nonsense. End of subject.

Ahem, no.

Read the writing on the wall..Its only the beginning.

Its the end of the world as you know it.

Deal with it....

Ahem, no.

bold story without a shred of evidence particularly from the itinerant himself - and no those were who were delusional and had him put to death. that he made the claim they killed him for.

they madeup christianity in the 4th century to reestablish servitude. called family values and gift giving for the ... fortunate.

Neither book provides an exact date for the birth of Christ. And if people get the dates of particular events wrong, they could most certainly be off by a decade ----- one way or another.

Yeah, but these aren't really in dispute. It's a undisputed fact that Herod the Great died in 4 BCE. It's recorded in multiple sources. It's also an undisputed fact that Publius Sulpicius Quirinius ( Cyrenius ) was governor of Syria in 6 AD and ordered a census that nearly triggered a revolt.

The reality was, both Luke and Matthew were working from copies of Mark's Gospel, which didn't have a nativity story. They both realized that they somehow had to put Jesus of Nazareth into Bethlehem for his birth to fulfill messianic prophecy.

Matt was kind of simple. Jesus was born in Bethlehem, Herod went on a baby killing rampage, (Much like Pharaoh in the book of Exodus) and his parents had to flee.

Luke came up with a more convoluted scheme requiring Joseph to return to his family's place of origin (the Romans did not conduct censuses this way) putting them in Bethlehem even though there was no room at the in.
The accounts are concise. The dates of various events are not written in stone. Christmas Timeline of the Biblical Account

Forum List

Back