My atheist sister told me she's not celebrating Christmas this year...

I'm not an atheist but buying an athiest a Christmas present is insulting. Don't do it.
Jesus never did put a present under the tree he was a Jew...
But the Wise Men brought gifts to the baby Jesus. Jesus was a Jew. Why? Why was Jesus a Jew and not a Christian? There were no Christians until after Jesus died.
Yes, however, epiphany isn't until

Wednesday, January 6, 2021

. . . . so, technically the proper time for gift giving isn't until then. :heehee:

When Jesus was born it was just after breeding season and new lambs at pasture...not Dec

Jesus never existed.

Luke says he was born in 6 CE
Matthew says he was born in 4 BCE.

They can't both be right.
38ed8w.jpg

...she said that if I buy her a present, she will donate it away.

Question for atheists: Do you consider this an acceptable way to treat your relatives?

Sounds like she has a bigger problem with your crap than she does with a gift.

Question for atheists: Do you consider this an acceptable way to treat your relatives?
Maybe she know you and does not want a present from you.

If a Buddhist gave me a gift on Buddha day I would say "thank you", smile, and accept it.

The way I see it, the recipient of a gift is the real giver in the transaction. Anyone who's ever piled presents under the Christmas tree for their children will understand what I'm saying.

You accept gifts graciously from your family because you love them.

My sister, apparently, doesn't get that.

I'm not an atheist but buying an athiest a Christmas present is insulting. Don't do it.
Jesus never did put a present under the tree he was a Jew...
But the Wise Men brought gifts to the baby Jesus. Jesus was a Jew. Why? Why was Jesus a Jew and not a Christian? There were no Christians until after Jesus died.
There were no Christians until after Jesus died.
nor till the 4th century.

I
How do you know what your sister's beliefs are? I had this my own brother. I had to correct him firmly and put my foot down.

Her giving your gift away to the needy is what Paul recommended Christian churches to give to the believers who were needy. So she could give to needy non-believers.

Why don't you one-up her and donate a monetary donation in her name as her gift to her favorite charity?

I don't like to go to holiday gatherings at the invitation of well meaning people who are being self righteous. They THINK they are inviting someone who has no place to go. What they are really doing is destroying my serenity. I refuse unless they get really insistent. Then I show them exactly why I refuse. That lesson doesn't need to be repeated.

Forum List

Back