My 30-Day Stretch on a Liberal-Dominated Message Board (name of board never mentioned)

It does. My lousy skills at predicting are what landed me that groupthink festival you call a message board in the first place. I'm very glad to be wrong, I was hoping you'd stay and participate. But I don't think you'll last long around here. It's just not a place for a poster such as yourself. You'll miss the support you get on the other one.

Thinking doesn't seem to be your strong suit.

I give you a week at most.

How generous...

There's a good example. That's not how it works here. You have something to say, say it. Don't hint to be asked, like an Edwardian era woman dropping her hankie.

I'm just treading lightly as I get used to the posting etiquette here. Kinda like you were advised to do but ignored. Not that it was shocking in the end, given that you were just there to troll.

You have every reason to respond to what I said and slam me as hard as you can. You just won't have as many people going, "Oh, cuddles . . . you're so right!"

We got lotsa libs on here, but they don't baby talk each other like that.

What can I say? You could have had a blast if you were nicer. Tomorrow is our monthly self-congratulatory virtual parade and we were going to make you the marshal.

You may notice I will be posting less than before. Back to work tomorrow. That summers off teachers get is a myth. Unlike your little federal employee buddy, I can't post constantly during work hours and keep my job.

Do you mean the guy that explained to you calmly (not near tears as you claim) that his office has actually been more productive working most of their hours from home, especially him, given his disability? The guy you continued to mock after being told this?

Thanks.

As for your ban, that wasn't us. That was the site owner when you got busted rejoining under another name and trolling, which is what actually happens when you create sock puppet accounts there.

Jesus, you and reality haven't been acquainted for a long time, have you?

Thinking doesn't seem to be your strong suit.

How generous...

I'm just treading lightly as I get used to the posting etiquette here. Kinda like you were advised to do but ignored. Not that it was shocking in the end, given that you were just there to troll.
Yeah, that constant whining about people not posting the way you tell them to won't go over well here, that's one part of the etiquette you may notice. What, if anything, have you noticed so far about the differences in the etiquette here and there?
What can I say? You could have had a blast if you were nicer. Tomorrow is our monthly self-congratulatory virtual parade and we were going to make you the marshal.

Do you mean the guy that explained to you calmly (not near tears as you claim) that his office has actually been more productive working most of their hours from home, especially him, given his disability? The guy you continued to mock after being told this?
I did, and I told him why. I went through it with the VA needing to get my GI bill, and my son is going through it with the VA needing a lot more. I stand by what I said. My son goes to the VA to get the services that he earned in spades, deserves and even needs, and instead of someone at work doing their job, he gets referred to some guy who stays home and posts all day. Like him.
Thanks.

As for your ban, that wasn't us. That was the site owner when you got busted rejoining under another name and trolling, which is what actually happens when you create sock puppet accounts there.

Jesus, you and reality haven't been acquainted for a long time, have you?
You are welcome to believe as you see fit, But I never rejoined under another name to troll or anything else.

EDIT: You're lying anyway. The notice of banning said it was for "using an aliased registration to Sneak into an opposition board," nothing about having multiple accounts. If people got banned there for having multiple acccounts, many posters there would have been long gone. Including Mr. "are you saying . . . " and his Snidely Whiplash sock, and you and that alpha-numeric poster whose name I kept getting mixed up.

Last edited:
Yeah, that constant whining about people not posting the way you tell them to won't go over well here, that's one part of the etiquette you may notice. What, if anything, have you noticed so far about the differences in the etiquette here and there?

The obvious thing that stands out is that the rules here are a little more lax, which leads to people getting away with more. I'm sure you noticed the word filter in place on the other board, for instance.

I did, and I told him why. I went through it with the VA needing to get my GI bill, and my son is going through it with the VA needing a lot more. I stand by what I said. My son goes to the VA to get the services that he earned in spades, deserves and even needs, and instead of someone at work doing their job, he gets referred to some guy who stays home and posts all day.

When you shared this story, everyone was sympathetic toward your situation. I think we can all agree that there are systemic issues within the VA that need to be fixed. On the other hand, you were a complete asshole to him regarding his situation and the things he was sharing.

You are welcome to believe as you see fit, But I never rejoined under another name to troll or anything else.

So the site owner got it wrong and you weren't the guy that signed up as a liberal and trolled the private liberal board?

EDIT: You're lying anyway. The notice of banning said it was for "using an aliased registration to Sneak into an opposition board," nothing about having multiple accounts. If people got banned there for having multiple acccounts, many posters there would have been long gone. Including Mr. "are you saying . . . " and his Snidely Whiplash sock, and you and a certain alpha-numeric poster whose name I kept getting mixed up.

You and your pesky inability to be honest. I said "rejoining under another name and trolling". You even quoted it. Hopefully the marked-up text will make it easier for you to see.

According to the rules of the board you got kicked from, alt accounts are frowned upon and trolling isn't allowed. When you do both, you get banned. The people you think are using sock puppets aren't. If they were, they would have been banned as well.

The obvious thing that stands out is that the rules here are a little more lax, which leads to people getting away with more. I'm sure you noticed the word filter in place on the other board, for instance.
Yes, that is very true. We don't think of it as getting away with anything, since we are all adults. But that other board does Bill itself as a family board so the auto sensors are a good idea.
When you shared this story, everyone was sympathetic toward your situation. I think we can all agree that there are systemic issues within the VA that need to be fixed. On the other hand, you were a complete asshole to him regarding his situation and the things he was sharing.
A bit of a difference there. I was sharing that my son was in need of services from a federal employee, while he was sharing excuses why he as a federal employee would not be going into work nor focusing on work when supposedly working at home. Even with that, when he accused me of a "low blow," I acknowledge that I did not intend to hurt anyone's feelings, and that I was taking it personally
So the site owner got it wrong and you weren't the guy that signed up as a liberal and trolled the private liberal board?
I have no idea what the site owner thought or said. My assumption is that one of the many snowflakes on that board reported me. Perhaps several, and the owner got tired of it. I do take note that when I was posting probably more frequently than any other poster, the site owner was fine with me being there generating the traffic. It was only after I stopped posting there voluntarily that the site owner decided to ban me.

To answer your question, no I did not come back as any fake liberal poster. Might be an idea. It would be challenging.

Liberals are difficult to satirize. Try to make a statement that sounds like a comically exaggerated version of what a liberal would say, and you end up saying what a liberal would say. Hard to go over the top in imitating people like that.

This evening, I'm going to flip a coin. Heads I never even look at that board again. Tails I go to the board and post as a liberal. Not on the liberal section of the board, though. I find that asinine, when the main community board is already so liberal.

You and your pesky inability to be honest. I said "rejoining under another name and trolling". You even quoted it. Hopefully the marked-up text will make it easier for you to see.
That is what YOU said, but that is not what the message I got about my banishment said.
According to the rules of the board you got kicked from, alt accounts are frowned upon and trolling isn't allowed. When you do both, you get banned. The people you think are using sock puppets aren't. If they were, they would have been banned as well.
They are clearly socks. But I'm glad you're not still using that stupid "alters" word to pretend that you don't know what socks are.

As I said on that board, I don't care if people use socks or not. I just hate for people to think that they're fooling me, so I call out the sock puppets. That's Snidely Whiplash sock that appeared right after I ignored that other dude was maybe the most incredibly obvious sock I've ever seen.

Calling out that sock was the only thing I ever got a warning for. It turns out the mods frown on calling out socks. It makes sense because socks increased traffic just as authentic posters do. So it is in the site owner's interest not to discourage sock puppetry.

So anyway, cuddle monkey. Just out of curiosity do you plan to start posting about politics anytime soon?

Last edited:
Yes, that is very true. We don't think of it as getting away with anything, since we are all adults. But that other board does Bill itself as a family board so the auto sensors are a good idea.

Definitely not the best description on my part. I was thinking about what I have seen here and applying the forum rules from the other site that I am used to posting under. This board is definitely less restrictive in terms of language and has a lot more subcategories.

A bit of a difference there. I was sharing that my son was in need of services from a federal employee, while he was sharing excuses why he as a federal employee would not be going into work nor focusing on work when supposedly working at home. Even with that, when he accused me of a "low blow," I acknowledge that I did not intend to hurt anyone's feelings, and that I was taking it personally

He wasn't sharing excuses. He was telling you that for his particular job, working from home doesn't impact his productivity. They are two completely different situations and you failed (and seemingly still fail) to realize that.

I have no idea what the site owner thought or said. My assumption is that one of the many snowflakes on that board reported me. Perhaps several, and the owner got tired of it. I do take note that when I was posting probably more frequently than any other poster, the site owner was fine with me being there generating the traffic. It was only after I stopped posting there voluntarily that the site owner decided to ban me.

Nobody reported you. Someone joined the board and identified as liberal to gain access to the private liberal boards. That person immediately began to troll. The site owner then banned that person and told everyone it was you and that you have been banned. I have no reason to disbelieve him.

To answer your question, no I did not come back as any fake liberal poster. Might be an idea. It would be challenging.

Liberals are difficult to satirize. Try to make a statement that sounds like a comically exaggerated version of what a liberal would say, and you end up saying what a liberal would say. Hard to go over the top in imitating people like that.

This evening, I'm going to flip a coin. Heads I never even look at that board again. Tails I go to the board and post as a liberal. Not on the liberal section of the board, though. I find that asinine, when the main community board is already so liberal.

I mean, if you want to make yet another account, I'm pretty sure it would be spotted quickly, but you do you.

That is what YOU said, but that is not what the message I got about my banishment said.

"Aliased registration" is the same thing as alt/alternate account/sock puppet.

They are clearly socks. But I'm glad you're not still using that stupid "alters" word to pretend that you don't know what socks are.

They literally mean the same thing.

As I said on that board, I don't care if people use socks or not. I just hate for people to think that they're fooling me, so I call out the sock puppets. That's Snidely Whiplash sock that appeared right after I ignored that other dude was maybe the most incredibly obvious sock I've ever seen.

Nobody on there is posting from multiple accounts. This kind of goes back to something that was said earlier. You criticized me and another poster for trying to dictate how you post. What was actually said was you should read the board and try to get a feel for how people post, who people are, what they believe, etc. That lets you make some informed opinions and get off on the right foot. Instead, you came in with some stupid bullshit right out of the gate. Had you done what was suggested, you would have seen these accounts in action and realized they're not sock puppets.

Calling out that sock was the only thing I ever got a warning for. It turns out the mods frown on calling out socks. It makes sense because socks increased traffic just as authentic posters do. So it is in the site owner's interest not to discourage sock puppetry.

So anyway, cuddle monkey. Just out of curiosity do you plan to start posting about politics anytime soon?

I've been reading and I am debating it. I'm actually curious about something and want to get your opinion on it. Given your profession, does it bother you to see the R-word tossed around so casually here?

Definitely not the best description on my part. I was thinking about what I have seen here and applying the forum rules from the other site that I am used to posting under. This board is definitely less restrictive in terms of language and has a lot more subcategories.
Yes I really like the sub categories here, combined with the fact that if you click on "what's new," you see the latest responses regardless of what forum they are in. I like the fact that here more people start threads. In trying hard to fit in there, I rarely started threads. One poster starts the majority of threats there, or at least a significant plurality. I wanted to go along and get along.

One thing by did like was the way the OP was at the top of each thread. At first I hated it, but that works well, I think.
He wasn't sharing excuses. He was telling you that for his particular job, working from home doesn't impact his productivity. They are two completely different situations and you failed (and seemingly still fail) to realize that.
You gloss over or may not be aware of one exchange we had.

Discussing his work at home situation during a workday, I asked if he were working at home at that moment. He said it was a day off for him. Fine.

So, I deliberately engaged him for two or three workdays after that as he posted and posted. I then asked him how he was "working" if he's posting all day. That's when he started singing his song about how his boss didn't care what he did as long as he gets his tasks done.

Agree or disagree but that was the reason that I was not buying what he was selling. My conclusion is that remote work is "more effecient" mainly in allowing employees to goof off without having to watch for the boss. If it is some cement company in Portland, I don't care if the receptionist works from home and goofs off. Not my business.

But that dude was the first poster I ignored (which I rarely do) because his initial posts were just fawning replies to posters who were attacking me. No need to see that, if he were afraid to address me directly. Even more annoying when I later learned that I was actually paying him to do that.
Nobody reported you. Someone joined the board and identified as liberal to gain access to the private liberal boards.
Okay, I got it. I was confused by the part about "sneak into an opposition board." I thought that meant coming from this board us message board to that board. I've been on forums that had "liberal," "conservative," "libertarian," "communist," etc., but anyone could post on any of them.

I remember trying to check out the "Liberal" board and it saying, that I din't have permission. I thought I had to spend x number of days on the community forum. Given how homgeneously progressive the community forum is, I can only imagine how the liberal forum would be any different.

Or, wait. Is it that you actually talk about liberal policies and liberal politicians that you support, instead of the 24/7 Trump Derangement?

That person immediately began to troll. The site owner then banned that person and told everyone it was you and that you have been banned. I have no reason to disbelieve him.
Really? Well I have reason to disbelieve him which is that I know dang well that I did not sneak on to any liberal board. Until I finally figured out just now what you were talking about I didn't realize that one had to register as a liberal to go on to the liberal board.

So, wow. The owner openly libeled me, huh? To "everyone?" I get about banning me, his website, his rules. But telling other posters that with no proof? And now, you come over to another board and unwittingly repeat it as fact? I think that damages my reputation in a way that might be actionable. Too bad, that we don't have any self-described "legal experts" on this board for me to ask about that.

Well, in that case, I see no reason not to go back onto that board and have a little fun. No need for a coin flip, I'm going to do it. Instead, to keep MAP guessing, I will roll three dice and whatever number comes up, that will be the number of weeks I'll wait before I do.
I mean, if you want to make yet another account, I'm pretty sure it would be spotted quickly, but you do you.
It won't be spotted. Because I won't be obviously trolling. I'll play along with the progressive nonsense until it's time for the fun to start. The owner can try to stop me by banning all new posters for 18 weeks. I think his existing customers would probably like that, given how the welcoming committee operates.
Nobody on there is posting from multiple accounts.
I know that they are, but I cannot prove they are, anymore than you could prove they aren't. Agree to disagree.
This kind of goes back to something that was said earlier. You criticized me and another poster for trying to dictate how you post. What was actually said was you should read the board and try to get a feel for how people post, who people are, what they believe, etc. That lets you make some informed opinions and get off on the right foot.
I actually came onto that board with many informed opinions. I posted several examples of me being attacked after my first post, which was perfectly respectful. The only way to get off on the right foot on that board would have been to come on and start bashing Trump, immediately.
Instead, you came in with some stupid bullshit right out of the gate. Had you done what was suggested, you would have seen these accounts in action and realized they're not sock puppets.
I came on with informed opinions, and analysis. I was immediately attacked by the TDS mob. That's something that I've very used to and it bothers me not at all. I'm only refuting any implied claim that I was treated with respect there.
I've been reading and I am debating it. I'm actually curious about something and want to get your opinion on it. Given your profession, does it bother you to see the R-word tossed around so casually here?
Yes, it does. I may have been guilty of it myself, a time or two, but I don't like to see it used as an insult. More on that topic in another post.

However . . . it is not my role to "correct" other posters about the words that they use, nor give them unsolicited advice about how they are supposed to post.

When I joined that other forum, I read the rules and terms of service, and AFAK they told me all I needed about how I "should" post. They didn't say that I needed to lurk for a few days, nor that I would be assigned a mentor to guide me in how to post.

Last edited:
So, I needed to take a thirty day break from this board *ahem* and I figured why not look at some others. I landed in one in which the members were nearly all Trump-bashers and liberals. I posted under the screen name "Snarky Sack" in case any of you are on that board.

Ever see the obscure series "East Bound and Down?" In one scene, the chubby sidekick marries a Chubby Mexican girl and brings her home. Before she learns much English, she starts wearing basketball shirts, and huge gold chains and speaking in steretyical black slang. The main character angrily tells her, "You're assimilating wrong." That's how the members of that board seemed to me, except that they would say "posting" instead of assimilating. The majority of the replies to my posts were criticizing how I posted instead of what I said. One female and one poster I was shocked to find out was male would go over my posting history constantly.

There was one poster who would insist that I repeat or rephrase every time I said something that he found shocking. Since there were no other non-Trump bashers on the board, they were easily shocked. I would say, "I don't see Smith getting anything more than a hung jury in Florida," and he would say "are you saying that a jury in Florida will never convict him?" I'd roll my eyes and say, "obviously, if there is not more than a hung jury."

But then might also ask, "are you saying that Florida juries will not even listen to the evidence," and I would say "no, I did not say that at all," stop putting words in my mouth." Then "other" posters would jump in to say how respected that poster was, and how he gets along with everyone. They constantly jumped in to discussions, but in fairness, there was no other Trumper for them to attack, and liberals are not good at delayed gratification, so they didn't want to wait their turn.

The moderation was good. I got one warning, when I couldn't resist calling out some very obvious socks that would pop up with I would tell a poster that I was putting them on ignore, or when I just ignored them for a while. But none of the ominous "you are on thin ice," type messages I would get from moderator/posters on the site I finally got banned from before this one.

Moderation is awesome here, considering we have mods who are active posters and I frequently disagree with them.

My favorite was a guy who came as close to visibly crying online as I've ever seen. He took great offense when I posted about how so many federal employees are still not going to work. He huffily informed me that in his agency, they were absolutely required to go into work . . . twice in a two week pay period which meant an average of once per week. He literally thought that was a counter. As it happened, he made that statement last Monday. I asked him if he was working at home at that moment. He said that he had taken Monday off for a four day weekend.

Then, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, I made a point of engaging him and he posted and posted and posted. Friday afternoon I asked him how he got any work done posting so much, and got a word salad about multi-tasking, and how his boss doesn't care what he does as long as his tasks got done.

Boring story, I guess, but I had to tell it.
Humans will human if they can get the time off, libs or cons or dweebs politically.

Yes I really like the sub categories here, combined with the fact that if you click on "what's new," you see the latest responses regardless of what forum they are in. I like the fact that here more people start threads. In trying hard to fit in there, I rarely started threads. One poster starts the majority of threats there, or at least a significant plurality. I wanted to go along and get along.

One thing by did like was the way the OP was at the top of each thread. At first I hated it, but that works well, I think.

There's definitely a lot more activity here. That will take some getting used to.

You gloss over or may not be aware of one exchange we had.

Discussing his work at home situation during a workday, I asked if he were working at home at that moment. He said it was a day off for him. Fine.

So, I deliberately engaged him for two or three workdays after that as he posted and posted. I then asked him how he was "working" if he's posting all day. That's when he started singing his song about how his boss didn't care what he did as long as he gets his tasks done.

Agree or disagree but that was the reason that I was not buying what he was selling. My conclusion is that remote work is "more effecient" mainly in allowing employees to goof off without having to watch for the boss. If it is some cement company in Portland, I don't care if the receptionist works from home and goofs off. Not my business.

I read the entire exchange. That's one of the benefits of a smaller board.

You were a dick to him and decided he was a liar because it fits your narrative, not because you had proof. Much like everything else you're saying, really.

But that dude was the first poster I ignored (which I rarely do) because his initial posts were just fawning replies to posters who were attacking me. No need to see that, if he were afraid to address me directly. Even more annoying when I later learned that I was actually paying him to do that.

Fuck me, are you going to claim to be his boss again?

Okay, I got it. I was confused by the part about "sneak into an opposition board." I thought that meant coming from this board us message board to that board. I've been on forums that had "liberal," "conservative," "libertarian," "communist," etc., but anyone could post on any of them.

I remember trying to check out the "Liberal" board and it saying, that I din't have permission. I thought I had to spend x number of days on the community forum. Given how homgeneously progressive the community forum is, I can only imagine how the liberal forum would be any different.

Mostly memes. The ideological boards are supposed to be a place to talk about shit that's frowned upon on the main board: naked links, memes, topicless crap, etc.

Or, wait. Is it that you actually talk about liberal policies and liberal politicians that you support, instead of the 24/7 Trump Derangement?

There's a little of that, too, but those topics get covered well on the main board when people actually elect to discuss them respectfully.

Really? Well I have reason to disbelieve him which is that I know dang well that I did not sneak on to any liberal board. Until I finally figured out just now what you were talking about I didn't realize that one had to register as a liberal to go on to the liberal board.

So, wow. The owner openly libeled me, huh? To "everyone?" I get about banning me, his website, his rules. But telling other posters that with no proof? And now, you come over to another board and unwittingly repeat it as fact? I think that damages my reputation in a way that might be actionable. Too bad, that we don't have any self-described "legal experts" on this board for me to ask about that.

Openly libeled? lmfao

Well, in that case, I see no reason not to go back onto that board and have a little fun. No need for a coin flip, I'm going to do it. Instead, to keep MAP guessing, I will roll three dice and whatever number comes up, that will be the number of weeks I'll wait before I do.

It won't be spotted. Because I won't be obviously trolling. I'll play along with the progressive nonsense until it's time for the fun to start. The owner can try to stop me by banning all new posters for 18 weeks. I think his existing customers would probably like that, given how the welcoming committee operates.

I know that they are, but I cannot prove they are, anymore than you could prove they aren't. Agree to disagree.

I actually came onto that board with many informed opinions. I posted several examples of me being attacked after my first post, which was perfectly respectful. The only way to get off on the right foot on that board would have been to come on and start bashing Trump, immediately.

I came on with informed opinions, and analysis. I was immediately attacked by the TDS mob. That's something that I've very used to and it bothers me not at all. I'm only refuting any implied claim that I was treated with respect there.

I don't understand this mindset. You're an adult, right? Old enough to have children and grandchildren, right? Why behave like an edgy teenager? How fucking pathetic is your life that this is where you find enjoyment?

People tried to engage with you. They pushed back against your claims with evidence. They offered opinions formed by years of experience in the field in some situations. They offered personal experiences in certain areas. They tried to logically walk you through why a lot of what you said made no sense. And you met it all with a complete disregard for civil discourse.

Yes, it does. I may have been guilty of it myself, a time or two, but I don't like to see it used as an insult. More on that topic in another post.

However . . . it is not my role to "correct" other posters about the words that they use, nor give them unsolicited advice about how they are supposed to post.

I disagree. I feel like it's everyone's job to address it, especially those with a personal connection. It doesn't have to be a big, public thing. It can be a private message.

When I joined that other forum, I read the rules and terms of service, and AFAK they told me all I needed about how I "should" post. They didn't say that I needed to lurk for a few days, nor that I would be assigned a mentor to guide me in how to post.

Yet you didn't really follow them that well, did you?

There's definitely a lot more activity here. That will take some getting used to.
Just remember, you can go at your own pace. Don't feel like you have to answer everyone. I know I tried to do that on your board, but I was the only Trumper there, and many more wanted to interact with me. I tried to make it fun.
I read the entire exchange. That's one of the benefits of a smaller board.

You were a dick to him and decided he was a liar because it fits your narrative, not because you had proof. Much like everything else you're saying, really.
Agree to disagree. Especially about deciding he was a liar. Everything I told him was based on his description of his "work day."
Fuck me, are you going to claim to be his boss again?
No, thanks. I pay his salary, and he posts during work hours. His boss is a mid-level manager who likely works even less than he does.

Humans will human if they can get the time off, libs or cons or dweebs politically.
Yes, absolutely. When we did not return to in-person teaching Spring Break of 2020, subject area teachers had to hustle to get in the swing of teaching through Zoom and Teams. But PE teachers, and special ed teachers like myself with no regular scheduled classes were given make work. If I were not department chair, I would have had very little do to.

Some teachers were observed by disctrict taxpayers to be on social media during school hours. They complained to the superintendant and he reminded us that work hours are work hours, and made a flat rule of no teachers on social media from 7:30 to 3:30. That is what is missing from the situation in which the federal employee posted dozens of posts per day during work hours.
Mostly memes. The ideological boards are supposed to be a place to talk about shit that's frowned upon on the main board: naked links, memes, topicless crap, etc.
Meh.
There's a little of that, too, but those topics get covered well on the main board when people actually elect to discuss them respectfully.

Openly libeled? lmfao

I don't understand this mindset. You're an adult, right? Old enough to have children and grandchildren, right? Why behave like an edgy teenager? How fucking pathetic is your life that this is where you find enjoyment?
Don't play the "don't you have a life" card. No frequent message board poster can with any credibility.

When I was an edgy teenager, I lied about my age at 14, so I could scrap the guts out of chicken breasts at Church's Fried Chicken. That summer, I got a job at a moving company working with grown men fifty to seventy hours a week and making $4 an hour, which was awesome since min wage at the time was $2.10. I hustle for about the next forty years.

Now, I'm enjoying my less hectic years and yes, doing this is one place I find enjoyment. You find enjoyment in nagging posters with whom you disagree. I find enjoyment livening up message boards that would otherwise be as interesting and drying paint. You play your games, I play mine.

If you fear that my plan will lead to disruption on your board, and you would prefer I not do it, I'm open to reconsider. But, I was hurt by a false accusation by a person who showed reckless disregard for the truth. So I'm not sure why I would.
People tried to engage with you. They pushed back against your claims with evidence. They offered opinions formed by years of experience in the field in some situations. They offered personal experiences in certain areas. They tried to logically walk you through why a lot of what you said made no sense. And you met it all with a complete disregard for civil discourse.
They tried to convince me I was wrong, and got mad when they could not.
I disagree. I feel like it's everyone's job to address it, especially those with a personal connection. It doesn't have to be a big, public thing.
Yes, there was a lot of that personal connection stuff going around on that board. No matter what facts I had, no matter how thoroughly I had thought something through, no matter how logical my argument, and no matter how much evidence from credible sources I provided, someone saying, "well, I happen to work in that field, so I know that . . . " was supposed to be the trump card. No pun intended. And of course there would always be some other poster to say, "Yeah Snarky! We all know that guy and he knows what he's talking about, so you should listen to him."

If you decide to debate politics on here, rather than just being here as my personal nag, you should know that that method never works and will lead to nothing but ridicule for you.
It can be a private message.
I love getting personal messages. But ones that say, "I just wanted to let you know that I have personal experience with what you were talking about and you simply have it wrong," I find pretty silly.
Yet you didn't really follow them that well, did you?
I did follow them. I was banned for something that I did not do. The reasoning seemed to have beeen "everybody that I know doesn't like that guy. He must be guilty of something."

Hey! Just like with Trump.

Just remember, you can go at your own pace. Don't feel like you have to answer everyone. I know I tried to do that on your board, but I was the only Trumper there, and many more wanted to interact with me. I tried to make it fun.

Agree to disagree. Especially about deciding he was a liar. Everything I told him was based on his description of his "work day."

No, thanks. I pay his salary, and he posts during work hours. His boss is a mid-level manager who likely works even less than he does.

Yes, absolutely. When we did not return to in-person teaching Spring Break of 2020, subject area teachers had to hustle to get in the swing of teaching through Zoom and Teams. But PE teachers, and special ed teachers like myself with no regular scheduled classes were given make work. If I were not department chair, I would have had very little do to.

Some teachers were observed by disctrict taxpayers to be on social media during school hours. They complained to the superintendant and he reminded us that work hours are work hours, and made a flat rule of no teachers on social media from 7:30 to 3:30. That is what is missing from the situation in which the federal employee posted dozens of posts per day during work hours.

Meh.

Don't play the "don't you have a life" card. No frequent message board poster can with any credibility.

I never said anything about frequency of posting. This is another example of you either lying or lacking basic reading comprehension. I was speaking directly about your behavior. That was plainly obvious.

When I was an edgy teenager, I lied about my age at 14, so I could scrap the guts out of chicken breasts at Church's Fried Chicken. That summer, I got a job at a moving company working with grown men fifty to seventy hours a week and making $4 an hour, which was awesome since min wage at the time was $2.10. I hustle for about the next forty years.

Now, I'm enjoying my less hectic years and yes, doing this is one place I find enjoyment. You find enjoyment in nagging posters with whom you disagree. I find enjoyment livening up message boards that would otherwise be as interesting and drying paint. You play your games, I play mine.

If you fear that my plan will lead to disruption on your board, and you would prefer I not do it, I'm open to reconsider. But, I was hurt by a false accusation by a person who showed reckless disregard for the truth. So I'm not sure why I would.

They tried to convince me I was wrong, and got mad when they could not.

Yes, there was a lot of that personal connection stuff going around on that board. No matter what facts I had, no matter how thoroughly I had thought something through, no matter how logical my argument, and no matter how much evidence from credible sources I provided, someone saying, "well, I happen to work in that field, so I know that . . . " was supposed to be the trump card. No pun intended. And of course there would always be some other poster to say, "Yeah Snarky! We all know that guy and he knows what he's talking about, so you should listen to him."

If you decide to debate politics on here, rather than just being here as my personal nag, you should know that that method never works and will lead to nothing but ridicule for you.

I love getting personal messages. But ones that say, "I just wanted to let you know that I have personal experience with what you were talking about and you simply have it wrong," I find pretty silly.

I did follow them. I was banned for something that I did not do. The reasoning seemed to have beeen "everybody that I know doesn't like that guy. He must be guilty of something."

Hey! Just like with Trump.

Lies, lies, and more lies. It's clear from your responses here that you are incapable of honest conversation. Frankly, you are a fucking sad old man.

I never said anything about frequency of posting. This is another example of you either lying or lacking basic reading comprehension. I was speaking directly about your behavior. That was plainly obvious.

Lies, lies, and more lies. It's clear from your responses here that you are incapable of honest conversation. Frankly, you are a fucking sad old man.
LoL!

I presumed that you came to this board specifically so that you could say something like that. I like your sig, though. There is hope for you yet.

I hope you will participate in other threads, and talk about those topics. We're not as rough as I made us out to be. Or if we are, you'll find plenty of Trump-bashers that are just as tough.

LoL!

I presumed that you came to this board specifically so that you could say something like that. I like your sig, though. There is hope for you yet.

I hope you will participate in other threads, and talk about those topics. We're not as rough as I made us out to be. Or if we are, you'll find plenty of Trump-bashers that are just as tough.

I'm still considering it. I'm looking for thought-provoking discussion more than I'm looking to just get into the mud and to be honest, I'm seeing a lot more of the latter than the former.

I'm still considering it. I'm looking for thought-provoking discussion more than I'm looking to just get into the mud and to be honest, I'm seeing a lot more of the latter than the former.
You can always start your own thread on here. Nobody will complain about a rookie starting a thread. Well, unless they read me saying that and want to prove me wrong.

Some of the Liberals on here like to start threads in the Clean Debate Zone, or a Zone 1 forum, then show their rear ends with personal attacks, and complain when they get it back that the other person violated the Clean Debate Zone rules.

There's an alpha numeric poster who specializes in that in the racism forum.

I'm still considering it. I'm looking for thought-provoking discussion more than I'm looking to just get into the mud and to be honest,

you will certainly find that here. some of us enjoy knowing what we are talking about with credible sources... gotta admit though - bitch slapping those who are poorly educated is a hoot; ESPECIALLY when they say 'prove it'.

I'm seeing a lot more of the latter than the former.

there are a vast array of posters here from the most ridiculous CONspiracy nutters, to the so called 'christian' right, to some that are actual (R)s & there are liberals of every stripe as well. & by all means, head over to the more non political forums as well - music, word games, etc...

you will certainly find that here. some of us enjoy knowing what we are talking about with credible sources... gotta admit though - bitch slapping those who are poorly educated is a hoot; ESPECIALLY when they say 'prove it'.

there are a vast array of posters here from the most ridiculous CONspiracy nutters, to the so called 'christian' right, to some that are actual (R)s & there are liberals of every stripe as well. & by all means, head over to the more non political forums as well - music, word games, etc...
You scum only prove how sorry you are.

This is something to keep in mind on this board. If you make a factual statement preceded by "I think I read somewhere that . . . " you are at risk of a roasting. It's OK to make factual statements without automatically having to provide a source. But you dont' want to lead with the equivalent of "I'm pulling out of my ass that . . . "

If someone asks you for a source, and you don't have one, just stop replying and move on to something else. Unlike MAP, you won't have five "other" posters hounding you to answer.

Forum List

Back