My 30-Day Stretch on a Liberal-Dominated Message Board (name of board never mentioned)

So, I needed to take a thirty day break from this board *ahem* and I figured why not look at some others. I landed in one in which the members were nearly all Trump-bashers and liberals. I posted under the screen name "Snarky Sack" in case any of you are on that board.

Ever see the obscure series "East Bound and Down?" In one scene, the chubby sidekick marries a Chubby Mexican girl and brings her home. Before she learns much English, she starts wearing basketball shirts, and huge gold chains and speaking in steretyical black slang. The main character angrily tells her, "You're assimilating wrong." That's how the members of that board seemed to me, except that they would say "posting" instead of assimilating. The majority of the replies to my posts were criticizing how I posted instead of what I said. One female and one poster I was shocked to find out was male would go over my posting history constantly.

There was one poster who would insist that I repeat or rephrase every time I said something that he found shocking. Since there were no other non-Trump bashers on the board, they were easily shocked. I would say, "I don't see Smith getting anything more than a hung jury in Florida," and he would say "are you saying that a jury in Florida will never convict him?" I'd roll my eyes and say, "obviously, if there is not more than a hung jury."

But then might also ask, "are you saying that Florida juries will not even listen to the evidence," and I would say "no, I did not say that at all," stop putting words in my mouth." Then "other" posters would jump in to say how respected that poster was, and how he gets along with everyone. They constantly jumped in to discussions, but in fairness, there was no other Trumper for them to attack, and liberals are not good at delayed gratification, so they didn't want to wait their turn.

The moderation was good. I got one warning, when I couldn't resist calling out some very obvious socks that would pop up with I would tell a poster that I was putting them on ignore, or when I just ignored them for a while. But none of the ominous "you are on thin ice," type messages I would get from moderator/posters on the site I finally got banned from before this one.

Moderation is awesome here, considering we have mods who are active posters and I frequently disagree with them.

My favorite was a guy who came as close to visibly crying online as I've ever seen. He took great offense when I posted about how so many federal employees are still not going to work. He huffily informed me that in his agency, they were absolutely required to go into work . . . twice in a two week pay period which meant an average of once per week. He literally thought that was a counter. As it happened, he made that statement last Monday. I asked him if he was working at home at that moment. He said that he had taken Monday off for a four day weekend.

Then, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, I made a point of engaging him and he posted and posted and posted. Friday afternoon I asked him how he got any work done posting so much, and got a word salad about multi-tasking, and how his boss doesn't care what he does as long as his tasks got done.

Boring story, I guess, but I had to tell it.
Not boring to me. Except for the Coffee Shop, I took a vacation from USMB for awhile too as I was the target of some pretty heavy trolling, including outside of USMB, from a few people here including a former mod. It got bad enough that I thought a vacation was in order.

But one of the worst experiences I had was on a "Christian" message board. At least it was labeled Christian. I came to USMB from a strongly left leaning board that where also the trolling had made it impossible to enjoy myself there at all. But it was friendly compared to this Christian board that was about as far left as you can go, 'woke' before 'woke' was cool, narrow minded, authoritarian, immediate attack mode if you offered any opinion the members or mods didn't like. As a Christian I was pretty horrified at the witness those people were making.

In all my years at USMB I have never had a warning or censure I don't believe despite my expressing strong opinions I know some of the mods absolutely hate. Okay they move or merge my threads at time which is annoying, but no big deal, but I haven't had any serious problems with anybody here.

There is still juvenile trolling here but not as bad as it was for awhile. It isn't so bad that I can't ignore it these days anyway. :) You all know how I post and I try very hard not to bend, much less break the rules everywhere I post. I got more than 15 warnings/censures on that Christian board in a two week period. One was for identifying Bill Clinton as a Democrat and I didn't even say anything really negative about him.

All in all, nothing is ever going to be perfect because none of us are and imperfect people will at times be imperfect. But so far I think USMB is a pretty good place to hang out.

Not boring to me. Except for the Coffee Shop, I took a vacation from USMB for awhile too as I was the target of some pretty heavy trolling, including outside of USMB, from a few people here including a former mod. It got bad enough that I thought a vacation was in order.

But one of the worst experiences I had was on a "Christian" message board. At least it was labeled Christian. I came to USMB from a strongly left leaning board that where also the trolling had made it impossible to enjoy myself there at all. But it was friendly compared to this Christian board that was about as far left as you can go, 'woke' before 'woke' was cool, narrow minded, authoritarian, immediate attack mode if you offered any opinion the members or mods didn't like. As a Christian I was pretty horrified at the witness those people were making.

In all my years at USMB I have never had a warning or censure I don't believe despite my expressing strong opinions I know some of the mods absolutely hate. Okay they move or merge my threads at time which is annoying, but no big deal, but I haven't had any serious problems with anybody here.

There is still juvenile trolling here but not as bad as it was for awhile. It isn't so bad that I can't ignore it these days anyway. :) You all know how I post and I try very hard not to bend, much less break the rules everywhere I post. I got more than 15 warnings/censures on that Christian board in a two week period. One was for identifying Bill Clinton as a Democrat and I didn't even say anything really negative about him.

All in all, nothing is ever going to be perfect because none of us are and imperfect people will at times be imperfect. But so far I think USMB is a pretty good place to hang out.
I should restate that the moderation on that board I'm talking about was fine. I got one warning, but the tone of the warning made think that moderator was just tired of multiple reports, not that they cared about me calling out socks. I didn't recognize the moderator that gave me the warning, which tells me that he wasn't participating in the debate much.

Moderaton is great here. I see people complaining about having posts moved and threads merged on here, as if it is part of some suppression strategy by the mods, but I don't see that pattern.

So, I needed to take a thirty day break from this board *ahem* and I figured why not look at some others. I landed in one in which the members were nearly all Trump-bashers and liberals. I posted under the screen name "Snarky Sack" in case any of you are on that board.

Ever see the obscure series "East Bound and Down?" In one scene, the chubby sidekick marries a Chubby Mexican girl and brings her home. Before she learns much English, she starts wearing basketball shirts, and huge gold chains and speaking in steretyical black slang. The main character angrily tells her, "You're assimilating wrong." That's how the members of that board seemed to me, except that they would say "posting" instead of assimilating. The majority of the replies to my posts were criticizing how I posted instead of what I said. One female and one poster I was shocked to find out was male would go over my posting history constantly.

There was one poster who would insist that I repeat or rephrase every time I said something that he found shocking. Since there were no other non-Trump bashers on the board, they were easily shocked. I would say, "I don't see Smith getting anything more than a hung jury in Florida," and he would say "are you saying that a jury in Florida will never convict him?" I'd roll my eyes and say, "obviously, if there is not more than a hung jury."

But then might also ask, "are you saying that Florida juries will not even listen to the evidence," and I would say "no, I did not say that at all," stop putting words in my mouth." Then "other" posters would jump in to say how respected that poster was, and how he gets along with everyone. They constantly jumped in to discussions, but in fairness, there was no other Trumper for them to attack, and liberals are not good at delayed gratification, so they didn't want to wait their turn.

The moderation was good. I got one warning, when I couldn't resist calling out some very obvious socks that would pop up with I would tell a poster that I was putting them on ignore, or when I just ignored them for a while. But none of the ominous "you are on thin ice," type messages I would get from moderator/posters on the site I finally got banned from before this one.

Moderation is awesome here, considering we have mods who are active posters and I frequently disagree with them.

My favorite was a guy who came as close to visibly crying online as I've ever seen. He took great offense when I posted about how so many federal employees are still not going to work. He huffily informed me that in his agency, they were absolutely required to go into work . . . twice in a two week pay period which meant an average of once per week. He literally thought that was a counter. As it happened, he made that statement last Monday. I asked him if he was working at home at that moment. He said that he had taken Monday off for a four day weekend.

Then, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, I made a point of engaging him and he posted and posted and posted. Friday afternoon I asked him how he got any work done posting so much, and got a word salad about multi-tasking, and how his boss doesn't care what he does as long as his tasks got done.

Maybe you take this stuff too seriously

I wouldn’t want to post on a board where everyone was liberal. Who wants everyone to agree with you?

On this board, I usually have six or seven Conservatives to slap around on every thread
Makes it more challenging
1689119463081.jpeg

Stop lying.

duckduckgo, better than google, gave me no such linky-poo-poo.

I would suggest if you want to accuse me of not abiding by this forum's rules, when I just stated my intent to abide by this forum's rules, I suggest you report me instead of moderating without a license, so you don't run afoul of the rules yourself. To make it easy, I will include a report button on all my posts from now on.

I've been Snarky Sack on more than one board, but not recently. So, if you really found that one, you must be thinking that you would fit right in.

EDIT: You are not even being truthful. I google "Snarky Sack" and I got nothing about any message board. Come on, you were on that board, weren't you? Which one were you?

Report me here:
👇
Your Google fu is weak...

...but that's nothing to be mad about.

I should restate that the moderation on that board I'm talking about was fine. I got one warning, but the tone of the warning made think that moderator was just tired of multiple reports, not that they cared about me calling out socks. I didn't recognize the moderator that gave me the warning, which tells me that he wasn't participating in the debate much.

Moderaton is great here. I see people complaining about having posts moved and threads merged on here, as if it is part of some suppression strategy by the mods, but I don't see that pattern.
I've grumbled about my threads being moved but that's all it was. Just grumbling. I don't see as part of any suppression at all though it often has that effect. I don't think that was the mod's intention.

I've grumbled about my threads being moved but that's all it was. Just grumbling. I don't see as part of any suppression at all though it often has that effect. I don't think that was the mod's intention.
I hear you. I didn' mean you in particular. I have seen other posters complain about liberal mods moving their threads. I always click on "what's new," so I doubt I was notice if my thread were moved.

I made it three posts on the free republic before those crybabies banned me. All posts that factually stated that the former 1-term fuckup refused to give back classified documents which led to the FBI action.

Typical of silo conservatives.

I was banned post#1 on the Dem Underground

wtf needs them?

If it's not apparent to you (et all) that the 1st is being trashed on social media, then i've little sympathy for you

None of this is going to end well for you

And all of you are POWERLESS to stop it
powerless.jpg

~S~

I made it three posts on the free republic before those crybabies banned me. All posts that factually stated that the former 1-term fuckup refused to give back classified documents which led to the FBI action.

Typical of silo conservatives.
I never heard of that site, and when I checked it out, I saw why. What unpleasant aesthetics. If they only allow one viewpoint, I would hate it.

They didn't ban me on that liberal site and I only got one warning for something reasonably legit. So, I cannot say they only allow one viewpoint. The mods were fine with me being a Trumper, as far as I know. The mods did not heavily participate in the debates and punish posters who disagreed with them, as happened on one site which claims in its name to be protective of veracity.

It was the liberal posters there who tried to police speech and mainly two particular posters, one female and one I would have sworn was female, but claimed they weren't. They were the worst internet nags I ever had had the misfortune to deal with.

I was banned post#1 on the Dem Underground

wtf needs them?

If it's not apparent to you (et all) that the 1st is being trashed on social media, then i've little sympathy for you

None of this is going to end well for you

And all of you are POWERLESS to stop it
powerless.jpg

~S~
I didn't use profanity

I didn't use profanity
neither did i Otto

i seldom do, albeit i do slip now/ then

my POINT is social media is a fascist construct , coerced to do so by mainstream media , as well as our lovely tax paid 'letter dept' partisan government, along with whatever trolls .....

NMSL-3.jpg

where is TRUTH?

~S~

Of all the childishness on message boards, now I've seen everything. I told the people on that all-liberal site that I was only going to be there thirty days and then go back to a better board. I recommended that they not try to find it, since they would not last a day on a board where they will be mercilessly ridiculed if they complain that their feewings were hurt by someone disagreeing.

But one of them did. A poster from there tracked me down here, and opened an account to do two things: tag this OP with a negative reaction, and run back to that liberal site to report me. I still lurk there to see how long it takes them to stop obsessing over me. But now I get this:

1689551818061.png

Haw!

An "aliased registration?" "Sneak into an opposition board?" :laughing0301:

I had no intention of posting there ever again, so no loss to me. I can just log out and watch them keep whining about me.

When I got the message that this poster had reacted to my post, I went and popped popcorn in advance of watching that poster find out what happens to nagging snowflakes on a non-snowflake board.

But, it appears that the poster is wisely taking my advice about staying off. Tagging that negative reaction is the only thing that poster has done, or ever will do, on this forum.

Of all the childishness on message boards, now I've seen everything. I told the people on that all-liberal site that I was only going to be there thirty days and then go back to a better board. I recommended that they not try to find it, since they would not last a day on a board where they will be mercilessly ridiculed if they complain that their feewings were hurt by someone disagreeing.

But one of them did. A poster from there tracked me down here, and opened an account to do two things: tag this OP with a negative reaction, and run back to that liberal site to report me. I still lurk there to see how long it takes them to stop obsessing over me. But now I get this:

View attachment 805121

Haw!

An "aliased registration?" "Sneak into an opposition board?" :laughing0301:

I had no intention of posting there ever again, so no loss to me. I can just log out and watch them keep whining about me.

When I got the message that this poster had reacted to my post, I went and popped popcorn in advance of watching that poster find out what happens to nagging snowflakes on a non-snowflake board.

But, it appears that the poster is wisely taking my advice about staying off. Tagging that negative reaction is the only thing that poster has done, or ever will do, on this forum.

I guess this post makes you wrong. I love the narrative you've constructed, but it's also completely fabricated. I am more than happy to set it straight if anyone cares.

I guess this post makes you wrong.
It does. My lousy skills at predicting are what landed me that groupthink festival you call a message board in the first place. I'm very glad to be wrong, I was hoping you'd stay and participate. But I don't think you'll last long around here. It's just not a place for a poster such as yourself. You'll miss the support you get on the other one.

I give you a week at most.
I love the narrative you've constructed, but it's also completely fabricated. I am more than happy to set it straight if anyone cares.
There's a good example. That's not how it works here. You have something to say, say it.

You have every reason to respond to what I said and slam me as hard as you can. You just won't have as many people going, "Oh, cuddles . . . you're so right!"

We got lotsa libs on here, but they don't baby talk each other like that.

You may notice I will be posting less than before. Back to work tomorrow. That summers off teachers get is a myth. Unlike your little federal employee buddy, I can't post constantly during work hours and keep my job.

Welcome!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back