Muslim truck drivers refuse to deliver beer, get $240,000 in damages

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
Two Muslim truck drivers refused to deliver beer, saying it was against their religion, and were fired for not doing the job they had signed up for. They have now won their case, and been awarded a quarter million dollars in damages.

But when Christian people in a cake shop refused to make a wedding cake showing two men on top for a gay couple, saying it violated their religion, they lost, and the state is now preparing to drive them out of business and confiscate the entire cake shop from them.

Is it clear which religion the government favors?

Welcome to the liberals' Brave New World.

----------------------------------------------------

EEOC Wins Discrimination Case For Muslim Truck Drivers Fired For Not Delivering Beer

EEOC wins discrimination case for Muslims fired for not delivering beer

By Sean Higgins
10/22/15 3:28 PM

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission won $240,000 in damages for two Muslim truck drivers after it sued their former employer for religious discrimination for firing the drivers for refusing to make beer deliveries.

The EEOC said that Star Transport Inc., a trucking company based in Morton, Ill., violated their religious rights by refusing to accommodate their objections to delivering alcoholic beverages.

Two Muslim truck drivers refused to deliver beer, saying it was against their religion, and were fired for not doing the job they had signed up for. They have now won their case, and been awarded a quarter million dollars in damages.

But when Christian people in a cake shop refused to make a wedding cake showing two men on top for a gay couple, saying it violated their religion, they lost, and the state is now preparing to drive them out of business and confiscate the entire cake shop from them.

Is it clear which religion the government favors?

Welcome to the liberals' Brave New World.

----------------------------------------------------

EEOC Wins Discrimination Case For Muslim Truck Drivers Fired For Not Delivering Beer

EEOC wins discrimination case for Muslims fired for not delivering beer

By Sean Higgins
10/22/15 3:28 PM

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission won $240,000 in damages for two Muslim truck drivers after it sued their former employer for religious discrimination for firing the drivers for refusing to make beer deliveries.

The EEOC said that Star Transport Inc., a trucking company based in Morton, Ill., violated their religious rights by refusing to accommodate their objections to delivering alcoholic beverages.
Lol. You don't understand anything

After reviewing the case it seems there was zero attempt at reasonable accomadations. If Star only delivered beer then the former employees would have lost. But they deliver all kinds of stuff and could have been reassigned at no expense to the company.

However I think Star should still appeal because this religious crap is ridiculous.

Hey...............if that woman who refused to issue marriage licenses to gays gets in trouble, then these Muslim drivers should as well.

Using religion as a way to not do your job is wrong. Period.

The company needs to appeal that and the two muslims better have hard fucking proof there was no attempt at a reasonable accomadation.
If you get hired on for a job that delivers Beer what accomadation is needed? You {They} knew the job when they were hired
They deliver everything. Not just beer. I agree it is bullshit though.

Point of fact, this is a federal case, the cake shop was the state of Colorado case wasn't it.

Hey...............if that woman who refused to issue marriage licenses to gays gets in trouble, then these Muslim drivers should as well.

Using religion as a way to not do your job is wrong. Period.
Your putting asking for a different delivery assignment on the same level of denial of government services to citizens based on sexual preference?

I'm saying that if you sign up for a job, leave your religion at the door when you show up to work.
They could do the job. Just not thise particular deliveries. The company admits they didn't even try to accommodate them.
So if you're religious, you get preferential treatment? That's bullshit.

If those folk with the cake shop didn't like baking cakes...why did they open a cake shop?

I'm saying that if you sign up for a job, leave your religion at the door when you show up to work.

No--know the requirements of the job and ask yourself do your religion allow this.

I have no problem with religious people "fasten" because all the jobs available to them contradict their religion.

I do have a problem when the devout demand a company or client cease a lawful practice because it does not comply with their religion.

They could do the job. Just not thise particular deliveries. The company admits they didn't even try to accommodate them.
So if you're religious, you get preferential treatment? That's bullshit.
Not necessarily. If the beer run is a cake walk that's not the case. A reasonable accomadation is one where they don't get preferential treatment

Forum List

Back