MSNBC's Katy Tur: America's paid family leave situation is a scandal — and frankly insane

i thought Republicans were the party of FAMILY values?

Another liberal whiner!

When I was a child, my mother stayed in the home and never worked. That sometimes meant my father worked two full time jobs to support the family.

When I married and had children, my wife stayed in the home and never worked until long after our youngest was 2 years old. She went to work because I was unemployed. I stayed home with the children. When I did find employment, I worked two full time jobs to support my family starting at 8am and ending at about 2 am. When I became a teacher, I worked days, and she worked nights.

She and I never got a dime for paid family leave and my tax dollars should not be paying for anyone else's kids mothers to stay home. I saved my paid time off from work to be home with our youngest for 3 weeks while my wife recovered. My military service did not allow otherwise at the time.

If employers want to offer that benefit, let them pay for it out of their pocket and not mine.

Another liberal whiner!

When I was a child, my mother stayed in the home and never worked. That sometimes meant my father worked two full time jobs to support the family.

When I married and had children, my wife stayed in the home and never worked until long after our youngest was 2 years old. She went to work because I was unemployed. I stayed home with the children. When I did find employment, I worked two full time jobs to support my family starting at 8am and ending at about 2 am. When I became a teacher, I worked days, and she worked nights.

She and I never got a dime for paid family leave and my tax dollars should not be paying for anyone else's kids mothers to stay home. I saved my paid time off from work to be home with our youngest for 3 weeks while my wife recovered. My military service did not allow otherwise at the time.

If employers want to offer that benefit, let them pay for it out of their pocket and not mine.
This is a new century and both parents get to work two jobs to stay afloat.

Forum List

Back