Movies that Could Never be Made in Today's Hypersensitive PC Culture

Publius1787

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2011

I've got three: What are your suggestions?

Blazing Saddles
Airplane
Disney's Song of the South

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upvZdVK913I]the new sheriff scene from blazing saddles - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrZlWw8Di10]Jive Speak Aeroplane! - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47ak4vjiNzw]Is This Racist? Song of the South Clip - YouTube[/ame]

Well its not a movie, but the Archie Bunker show is a good example. This wouldn't fly today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nonsense.

There is no ‘PC culture,’ ‘hypersensitive’ or otherwise.
And of course it is decidedly politically incorrect to suggest there is!:lol:

Nobody's buying it, and when you're reduced to denying its existence you've pretty much lost the game already.

Blazing Saddles
Airplane

You're completely wrong about the first, the second would only be a problem because the part in question is anachronistic, and I have no idea about the third.

I think more people would get their panties in a bunch over Coming to America.

Well its not a movie, but the Archie Bunker show is a good example. This wouldn't fly today.

Of course it would. It seems you don't understand what that show (and that character) was all about.

On the flip side, there's no way on earth something like the Saw and Hostel movies (or even Terminator) would be allowed on our screens 60-odd years ago.

Of course it would. It seems you don't understand what that show (and that character) was all about.

It seems you could benefit from learning the difference between shit and Shinola, too.

This one's for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

It seems you could benefit from learning the difference between shit and Shinola, too.]

All in the Family was a big lib show, idiot. It would be heaped with praise today.

It seems you could benefit from learning the difference between shit and Shinola, too.]

All in the Family was a big lib show, idiot. It would be heaped with praise today.

It certainly would. And anyone who has the notion that today's environment is so much "PC" than years past has been living under a rock.

I can vividly recall in the not so distant past when certain 4 letter words were not heard on television, nor were there any references towards sexual orientation. It was all spoken in "code".

For those who are "appalled" by today's PC culture, you should watch these shows.

Watch Full Length American Dad Episodes & Specials Online

The Boondocks (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blazing Saddles
Airplane

You're completely wrong about the first, the second would only be a problem because the part in question is anachronistic, and I have no idea about the third.

I think more people would get their panties in a bunch over Coming to America.

I'll take the directors opinion over yours any day of the week. If Mel Brooks says it couldn't be made in 2012 I tend to believe him. He had a hard enough time making it in 74.

Blazing Brooks: Mel Says 'Saddles' Couldn't Be Made in 2012

"It couldn't be made today," Brooks tells Kimmel flatly before launching into a classic story about an early preview of the film, and how a man high up at Warner Bros. told him to make some major cuts ... or else.

"We had this preview, people went crazy. They laughed, they enjoyed it. Afterwards, he grabs me by the collar and shoves me into an office ... and he says, “Okay, here’s a legal pad, here’s a pencil, take these notes...”

“N-word, OUT! We don’t say it. No punching a horse. Noooo punching a horse. Around the campfire, cut out the farting… out! It's out! You can’t punch an old lady. Lily von Schtupp and the black sheriff … you can’t – OUT, OUT.”

So, OK. I said “Yes, sir, it’s gone. It never happened. Come back tomorrow, and it’s all out of the movie.” He leaves, and I crunch it up, and I go all the way across the room and I put it in the waste basket, and John Calley says 'good filing!'”

I had final cut, so I said, 'what do I care?'"

Forum List

Back