Movies that Could Never be Made in Today's Hypersensitive PC Culture

Regarding television, I wonder whether reruns of the old Jack Benny program could be shown. Rochester is certainly not PC. The old Amos and Andy series has disappeared down the memory hole, although, fortunately, there are plenty of episodes on YouTube.

Not necessarily. 12 Years A Slave was based on a true story, so it's success was more based on that than demonizing the poor, maligned white population. And as far as Django, it's commercial success was based in it having crossover appeal, because black moviegoers on average accounted for about 30% of the viewing audience.

Furthermore, one of the films harshest critics was Spike Lee......the SAME Spike Lee, that you implied could be a so called "black leader", in your "bait poll" regarding "The State of the Black Union".

The largest purpose for producing films that portray slavery now days is to foster a sense of victimhood and hatred toward whites. All these movies are made by leftists who over exaggerate and lie as they did in Roots or as Opera when she was promoting a film citing millions of lynched blacks. It panders to the audience more so than entertains them. It's kinda like the benevolent master back in the slave days who assumed the role of benevolent caretaker.

I was referring to Django and 12 Years A Slave. Claiming to be a "student of history", you should know that The Civil War has been the backdrop of many movies over many generations, and within many of those movies are many human interest stories. To state that telling some of these stories that focus on slavery is "fostering a sense of victim hood and hatred" is disingenuous, and nothing but a rightwing talking point, and really makes it sound as if you are stating that ithe slavery part of the war should just be ignored.

I suppose that you would feel more comfortable if the "truth" presented to the public was that "the war was strictly fought to free the slaves" which is nowhere near the real truth.

Slavery was an ugly truth, and one of the important issues in the war that was fought, and should chronicled in films and written accounts.

If anything, to tell the true story. Not some romanticized, feel good version.

My dear katsteve. I said nothing of the sort so as to prompt such a response.

What did I tell you about being a whiny little bitch? Unbunch your panties and stay on topic.

What kind of person would spend so many hours every day making posts like that?

What kind of person would spend so many hours every day with whiny little nothing responses instead of commenting on the topic?

Is that not what you just did? So youre a combative hypocrite weirdo who spends all day insulting people on an internet forum. Your life must be wonderful. :lol:

The largest purpose for producing films that portray slavery now days is to foster a sense of victimhood and hatred toward whites. All these movies are made by leftists who over exaggerate and lie as they did in Roots or as Opera when she was promoting a film citing millions of lynched blacks. It panders to the audience more so than entertains them. It's kinda like the benevolent master back in the slave days who assumed the role of benevolent caretaker.

I was referring to Django and 12 Years A Slave. Claiming to be a "student of history", you should know that The Civil War has been the backdrop of many movies over many generations, and within many of those movies are many human interest stories. To state that telling some of these stories that focus on slavery is "fostering a sense of victim hood and hatred" is disingenuous, and nothing but a rightwing talking point, and really makes it sound as if you are stating that ithe slavery part of the war should just be ignored.

I suppose that you would feel more comfortable if the "truth" presented to the public was that "the war was strictly fought to free the slaves" which is nowhere near the real truth.

Slavery was an ugly truth, and one of the important issues in the war that was fought, and should chronicled in films and written accounts.

Please do not play semantics with me Publius. I gave you reasons why films that have slavery themes are not, as you stated, made to "foster hatred" or "a sense of victim hood".

Anymore than other films that pertain to The Civil War are meant to distort the truth as to why the war was actually fought.

Please do not play semantics with me Publius. I gave you reasons why films that have slavery themes are not, as you stated, made to "foster hatred" or "a sense of victim hood".

Anymore than other films that pertain to The Civil War are meant to distort the truth as to why the war was actually fought.

If I were to grant your assessment as fact then you would only have an argument of moral equivalency. Do you want it to rest on that?

You don't see anymore Heckle & Jeckle cartoons. No Amos and Andy on tv. All you see now is poor Oprah capitalizing on mistreatment of black slaves to add to her wealth. You don't see her hanging around the hood, she goes to the whitehouse to visit her brotha and sista.

You don't see anymore Heckle & Jeckle cartoons. No Amos and Andy on tv. All you see now is poor Oprah capitalizing on mistreatment of black slaves to add to her wealth. You don't see her hanging around the hood, she goes to the whitehouse to visit her brotha and sista.

Oprah is certainly bearing the banner of race hustling now days. Gotta keep yourself in the news ya know?

Forum List

Back