A story about race

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Can you imagine being told that your skin color would prevent you from following your dream? It happened to Neil deGrasse Tyson, and he proved them wrong.

The best part of the interview is about 8 minutes in when he talks about the epiphany he had because he was interviewed on Fox. He does more good by ignoring his skin color than he does by talking about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you imagine being told that your skin color would prevent you from following your dream? It happened to Neil deGrasse Tyson, and he proved them wrong.

The best part of the interview is about 8 minutes in when he talks about the epiphany he had because he was interviewed on Fox. He does more good by ignoring his skin color than he does by talking about it.

GREAT VIDEO!!!!!! But it is less about race as it is about culture as he said early on.

I thought his interview confirmed what I have noted numerous times in the race relations section of this forum. That blacks are a collectivist culture and this prevents blacks from advancing. Neil deGrasse Tyson had to overcome his "obligation to the black community" before he could succeed. In other words, he had to escape from the collectivist mindset and look at himself as an individual who has individual passions and desires. His friend in college who was "walking the walk and talking the talk" (acting "black" as the black kids at my school would have said) was trying to drag him away from his desires and his passions in order to advance the collective. The moment he pulled himself away from the collective (Out of that "hole") and pursued his own individual interests he advanced and figured out that he could do more for the black community as an individual than part of the collective.

Perhaps one day he or someone like him could be the first black Fields Medal winner. But not before blacks get out of the collective mindset and start pursuing individual interests away from the fog of the expectations of the black community. Indeed, if you walk into a college an look around the African American studies department, they're all black. If you look into the science, physics, astronomy, mathematics, or engendering departments they are nearly all Asian/white. Why? Because black culture does not push their children into such areas of study as white and Asian cultures do. If a student from the majority black school that I went to talked like him and gave a science presentation in class he would have been shunned, ridiculed, and beat into submission for "talking/acting white" and "talking/acting smart." That forced/structural racial solidarity in such a collectivist culture is still something to be overcome. It is the last shackle of slavery that still exists and it is wholly self imposed.

Good video, I watched it in it's entirety.

Last edited:
Video not working for me, but Publius is spot-on with his analysis of much of the black community.

It's not 'acting white' as some get accused. It's acting smart, breaking away from the herd mentality and spreading one's wings as an individual, who just happens to be black. And until that sort of thinking really takes root in black culture the vast majority are doomed while the race hustlers prosper.

Whites telling blacks what they need to do: some folks haven't changed since 1865.

Whites telling blacks what they need to do: some folks haven't changed since 1865.

If Jake Starkey had terminal brain cancer he would not allow a doctor to treat him unless the doctor himself had terminal brain cancer.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back