Most Republicans Support Declaring the United States a Christian Nation

So screw church and state right? I noticed that for the Right, the Constitution only means what they want it to mean, not what it actually says. LOL!
As I and some prominent Congressmen have said, it is impossible to separate church and state unless it's an atheist state.

We are not talking about anyone's faith. We are talking about the inevitable brutality when leaders are not held accountable to the people.
Gibberish. No regimes are more brutal than atheist regimes. Just look at the five officially atheist regimes in the world today.

The US Constitution is the law of the land. When you talk about the US becoming a Christian nation, be sure and point out that the US Constitution will have to be removed. Then see how many people are in favor of it.

It will never happen.

The Constitution has been amended 27 times. The 3/5 segment of the Constitution went out the window because it was immoral. I think the same will ultimately happen here. Right always triumphs in the end. Y'all said Roe would never be overturned, and yet here we are.

Last edited:
As I and some prominent Congressmen have said, it is impossible to separate church and state unless it's an atheist state.

A secular state is not necessarily an atheist state. The leaders are welcome to their faith, and can use it to guide their actions. But no one is required to live according to any religious doctrine.

And do you really think the majority of Americans want the nation based on a religion that is ruled by clergy in another country? Do you think the Baptists will accept the Pope as a religious leader for our nation? Not a chance.

Gibberish. No regimes are more brutal than atheist regimes. Just look at the five officially atheist regimes in the world today.

And there are plenty of examples of brutality from a religious gov't. The people are secondary to the religious rules.

The Constitution has been amended 27 times. The 3/5 segment of the Constitution went out the window because it was immoral. I think the same will ultimately happen here. Right always triumphs in the end. Y'all said Roe would never be overturned, and yet here we are.

And the hundreds of thousands of people who are not Christian are just out of luck?

Yes, the US Constitution has been amended. But that takes the votes of far more people than will favor a theocracy.

Abortion, gay marriage, trans mutilation. Any law that violates Christian teaching is a godless aka atheist law.

Abortion I understand. At least to a point. Where I differ from religious extremists is requiring women to carry a dead fetus inside her or a child being forced to carry the child of her rapist. I also do not agree that the woman should be sacrificed for the baby.

Gy marriage is not an issue. I don't recall any biblical restrictions against same sex marriage. But I do know that Christianity call homosexuality an abomination. So the gov't would not necessarily be against gay marriage. It would be against gays in general.

Any law that violates Christian teaching is wrong and needs to be changed.
That right there is why the Nation should never declare itself to be of a single religion. The Constitution is about "We the People....." Not "A Divine Authority telling we the people......."

No practicing Christian has ever imposed horrific cruelties on anyone, as Jesus' teaching strenuously opposes that. Practicing atheists, however, have imposed the worst cruelties this world has ever known.

and
First, it’s important to understand that heresy was considered by all of early modern Europe to be an infection of the body politic that had to be erased so as not to poison society at large. All over Europe, the punishment for heresy was not only death, but also the total destruction of the heretic’s corpse to prevent the use of their body parts for relics. Therefore, most heretics were burned and their ashes thrown into the river and Mary’s choice of burning was completely standard practice for the period.

Statistics[edit]

Beginning in the 19th century, historians have gradually compiled statistics drawn from the surviving court records, from which estimates have been calculated by adjusting the recorded number of convictions by the average rate of document loss for each time period. Gustav Henningsen and Jaime Contreras studied the records of the Spanish Inquisition, which list 44,674 cases of which 826 resulted in executions in person and 778 in effigy (i.e. a straw dummy was burned in place of the person).[59] William Monter estimated there were 1000 executions between 1530–1630 and 250 between 1630 and 1730.[60] Jean-Pierre Dedieu studied the records of Toledo's tribunal, which put 12,000 people on trial.[61] For the period prior to 1530, Henry Kamen estimated there were about 2,000 executions in all of Spain's tribunals.[62] Italian Renaissance history professor and Inquisition expert Carlo Ginzburg had his doubts about using statistics to reach a judgment about the period. "In many cases, we don't have the evidence, the evidence has been lost," said Ginzburg.[63]

And the hundreds of thousands of people who are not Christian are just out of luck?

Yes, the US Constitution has been amended. But that takes the votes of far more people than will favor a theocracy.
No, they're actually in luck, as the influence of Jesus is the greatest gift they could have.

Abortion I understand. At least to a point. Where I differ from religious extremists is requiring women to carry a dead fetus inside her or a child being forced to carry the child of her rapist. I also do not agree that the woman should be sacrificed for the baby.

Gy marriage is not an issue. I don't recall any biblical restrictions against same sex marriage. But I do know that Christianity call homosexuality an abomination. So the gov't would not necessarily be against gay marriage. It would be against gays in general.
Actually, no. It's the homosexual act that is immoral, not the state of being homosexual.

That right there is why the Nation should never declare itself to be of a single religion. The Constitution is about "We the People....." Not "A Divine Authority telling we the people......."
But yet you're fine with an atheist regime telling people what they have to do?

And not telling everyone. Just telling the priests and they tell us. What could go wrong?
But you have no problem with an atheist dictator telling people what they must do? Amazing how you people go easy on them. Yet that's exactly what we will become unless we change course.

New Topics

Forum List

Back