Zone1 Mormons who have apostatized or stopped going to Church

Yes, it's what they believe. You must remember this...religious cults will not tell you about the crazy crap. That comes later after you're involved and dedicated. It's a gradual indoctrination. Kinda like the frog in a pot of water.
Based upon what I've read and what I was told, the LDS teaches that Jesus was conceived by the virgin Mary. The Book of Mormon i.e. BOM, states that, explicitly. The fact that one or two of the LDS elders once wrote that the heavenly Father, Elohim, had natural intercourse with Mary, doesn't make much of a difference to me personally, because the BOM explicitly disagrees with these elders. No individual or organization is 100% flawless and consistent. If you look deep enough you will always find flaws in every single human organization, and that includes the LDS, Evangelical denominations, and even Biblical, mainstream Christianity in general. The grass isn't greener "over there".

Yes. My wife was involved in the mission. Usually young people that had LDS friends and/or boyfriends/girlfriends and were pressured into joining.

When we moved there we were just about the only Christian family in the neighborhood. Our LDS neighbors put the pressure on us. We were polite and told them we were Lutherans and already had a church.

The sad thing is that we had young children then. At first the kids in the neighborhood welcomed our sons. However, after it became clear we were not going to join their cult we were shunned. Nothing vicious or hateful or anything but nobody had anything to do with us. My wife and I didn't care because we had other friends but it was a shitty thing to do that to our kids.

We don't have any hard feeling or anything but we got a good look at the real LDS church.
UUUUuuuuuuu "the pressure". Those LDS people are so EVIL, aren't they? Yeah right. Keep grinding the ax of your rancor, spinning the plates of your cheap polemic, you're wasting your time with me. I'm not buying it.

I believe that the Bible is the complete Word of God and salvation is only through Jesus Christ. I have no ax to grind other than revealing the truth of religious cults that lead people to destruction. There is no "true church". There is only salvation in Jesus. Period.
Believe whatever toots your horn. I believe the Bible contains the inspired word of God, but it's not inerrant. I believe the BOM and LDS theology compensate for the errors in the Bible and correct the flaws in Christian doctrine and belief. That's my opinion and you're entitled to yours.

Based upon what I've read and what I was told, the LDS teaches that Jesus was conceived by the virgin Mary. The Book of Mormon i.e. BOM, states that, explicitly. The fact that one or two of the LDS elders once wrote that the heavenly Father, Elohim, had natural intercourse with Mary, doesn't make much of a difference to me personally, because the BOM explicitly disagrees with these elders. No individual or organization is 100% flawless and consistent. If you look deep enough you will always find flaws in every single human organization, and that includes the LDS, Evangelical denominations, and even Biblical, mainstream Christianity in general. The grass isn't greener "over there".
The problem is these elders are supposed to be prophets. When a prophet says something that doesn't square with the Bible, that's a false prophet. Christians have one book of Scripture. Mormons have other books that they claim are also Scripture but don't line up with the Bible. I wish you the best. Good luck with your new venture.

Believe whatever toots your horn. I believe the Bible contains the inspired word of God, but it's not inerrant. I believe the BOM and LDS theology compensate for the errors in the Bible and correct the flaws in Christian doctrine and belief. That's my opinion and you're entitled to yours.
Good luck.

Another problem we had was with the despicable cult mentality. At work the LDS supervisors and managers showed favoritism towards their fellow LDS workers. We had to deal with several problems that caused.
I'm sure "born again" Evangelical Christians would also show favor or treat their brethren with a bit of favoritism too, despite you denying it. You can deny that, but as a former Evangelical Christian myself, I know how born-again Christians treat each other in the secular world and it's human and natural, to have a unique, special degree of consideration towards your brothers and sisters in the Lord. There's nothing evil about that, it's very human and natural, not a big deal, provided it doesn't violate people's rights or hurt people. You can claim whatever you want about "Mormon crimes", it won't dissuade anyone from joining the LDS. Keep grinding and spinning.

Last edited:
The problem is these elders are supposed to be prophets. When a prophet says something that doesn't square with the Bible, that's a false prophet. Christians have one book of Scripture. Mormons have other books that they claim are also Scripture but don't line up with the Bible. I wish you the best. Good luck with your new venture.
Joseph Smith is the prophet for me and the elders can identify as prophets and may be prophets but that doesn't imply that they're perfect. Were those words spoken or written in an official document that establishes LDS doctrine, or was it written or expressed within an unofficial context? Were they asserting these ideas as LDS doctrine, or as their personal opinion? In what capacity were these words or opinions expressed? You don't consider such things, because you're an antagonist, adversary of the LDS, so I take everything you claim about the LDS with a grain of salt.

UUUUuuuuuuu "the pressure". Those LDS people are so EVIL, aren't they? Yeah right. Keep grinding the ax of your rancor, spinning the plates of your cheap polemic, you're wasting your time with me. I'm not buying it.
No they weren't evil. They were just a cult. Either you were in it or not.

I have no doubt that while living in that neighborhood if I would have ever had any problems they would have been very helpful.

I'm sure "born again" Evangelical Christians would also show favor or treat their brethren with a bit of favoritism too, despite you denying it. You can deny that, but as a former Evangelical Christian myself, I know how born-again Christians treat each other in the secular world and it's human and natural, to have a unique, special degree of consideration towards your brothers and sisters in the Lord. There's nothing evil about that, it's very human and natural, not a big deal, provided it doesn't violate people's rights or hurt people. You can claim whatever you want about "Mormon crimes", it won't dissuade anyone from joining the LDS. Keep grinding and spinning.
They have the right to be a cult if they want. I have the right to point it out having experienced it.

No they weren't evil. They were just a cult. Either you were in it or not.

I have no doubt that while living in that neighborhood if I would have ever had any problems they would have been very helpful.
One person's cult is another's sect or the beginning of a new approach to a religion. You can throw the word cult around all you want, only those who already agree with you will see any value in such rhetoric.

Joseph Smith is the prophet for me and the elders can identify as prophets and may be prophets but that doesn't imply that they're perfect. Were those words spoken or written in an official document that establishes LDS doctrine, or was it written or expressed within an unofficial context? Were they asserting these ideas as LDS doctrine, or as their personal opinion? In what capacity were these words or opinions expressed? You don't consider such things, because you're an antagonist, adversary of the LDS, so I take everything you claim about the LDS with a grain of salt.
The Bible says if a prophet is wrong even once then that's a false prophet. The problem is many people are under the false impression that someone can be a prophet and be wrong once in a while. If someone says "thus saith the Lord" it better happen or you're a false prophet.

They have the right to be a cult if they want. I have the right to point it out having experienced it.
Believe whatever you want, call me a cultist and my faith a cult. Makes no difference to me. You can believe the moon is made out of Swiss Cheese if you want to. Go ahead.

One person's cult is another's sect or the beginning of a new approach to a religion. You can throw the word cult around all you want, only those who already agree with you will see any value in such rhetoric.
So you don't believe that the Bible is the inerrant complete Word of God. Right?

Believe whatever you want, call me a cultist and my faith a cult. Makes no difference to me. You can believe the moon is made out of Swiss Cheese if you want to. Go ahead.
Nobody has any problem with you being a Mormon. However, don't get all butt hurt when we call a spade a spade.

We weigh your religion along with Scripture and it fails.

The Bible says if a prophet is wrong even once then that's a false prophet. The problem is many people are under the false impression that someone can be a prophet and be wrong once in a while. If someone says "thus saith the Lord" it better happen or you're a false prophet.
You didn't comprehend what I wrote. You need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Why should I repeat myself? In what capacity or within what context were the words written that Mary and Elohim had natural relations? Was it written specifically to establish LDS doctrine? In an official document to establish Mormon belief? Many Christians believe the apostles of Christ, were wrong in their views about the second coming. They thought Jesus was going to return within their generation. Apostles can make mistakes and it's possible that those who are identified by the LDS as prophets aren't prophets in the sense of OT prophets, but more like apostles. That's fine with me, because no human organization is absolutely perfect, including the one you're part of.

Thank you, but I don't believe in luck.
I have a question. I believe Jesus is my Savior and that's it. I don't put my faith in anything or anyone else. Only Jesus. Is that enough for me to be saved and have eternal life?

You didn't comprehend what I wrote. You need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Why should I repeat myself? In what capacity or within what context were the words written that Mary and Elohim had natural relations? Was it written specifically to establish LDS doctrine? In an official document to establish Mormon belief? Many Christians believe the apostles of Christ, were wrong in their views about the second coming. They thought Jesus was going to return within their generation. Apostles can make mistakes and it's possible that those who are identified by the LDS aren't prophets in the sense of OT prophets, but more like apostles. That's fine with me, because no human organization is absolutely perfect, including the one you're part of.
I don't belong to an organization. I have all my faith in Jesus. Period.

Forum List

Back