MORE WINNING for Trump! Supreme Court indicates they will keep Trump on 2024 Ballot!

The funny thing is how MAGA only looks at “winning”, even when it isn’t, instead of what is good for the country. They are perfectly happy to support an insurrection but unwilling to accept the consequences of their behavior.

There is no question in my mind that Trump was involved in an insurrection, but what they are basing this on was a civil war era law that clearly applied to the Confederate leadership. To use it now would risk creating a broad and vague definition of “insurrection” and setting a very dangerous precedent where partisan legislatures, election officials or elected officers could use it to strike anyone off the ballot for flimsy reasons.

I think in this case…removing someone from the ballot for this reason sets a dangerous precedent - the cure is worse than the illness.

The funny thing is how MAGA only looks at “winning”, even when it isn’t, instead of what is good for the country. They are perfectly happy to support an insurrection but unwilling to accept the consequences of their behavior.

There is no question in my mind that Trump was involved in an insurrection, but what they are basing this on was a civil war era law that clearly applied to the Confederate leadership. To use it now would risk creating a broad and vague definition of “insurrection” and setting a very dangerous precedent where partisan legislatures, election officials or elected officers could use it to strike anyone off the ballot for flimsy reasons.

I think in this case…removing someone from the ballot for this reason sets a dangerous precedent - the cure is worse than the illness.
Loser bad mouthing after a defeat
Dismissed

There was NO insurrection. Trump was not charged with insurrection nor was he indicted for insurrection. :)

Almost as clear cut as the claim of absolute immunity defense from Benedict, almost.

Just shows the need for an expedited Jan 6th trial as well as the Classified Documents trial for Benedict Donald, before the election.

It isn’t a defeat, it is the right decision, assuming that is how it goes. See…that’s the problem with you…you see it only in terms of partisan win or lose.
So this helps Biden ? Or is neutral?
Sell that moon howler

and denied that the 45th president engaged in an insurrection by seeking to remain in office after his 2020 election defeat by Joe Biden
No, they did NOT DENY that the 45th president engaged in insurrection. Whether he did or didn't is not really part of the argument. One of the arguments is who gets to determine if he engaged or not, in an insurrection for disqualification, and the uniformity of the who and how, for all the states....was what I got out of it....

Forum List

Back