More proof masks and social distancing work against viruses

Stann

Platinum Member
Jul 26, 2021
I know there was another thread about masks are effective this but it was negatively skewed by the op. This thread will at least start on a positive note. Masks work in conjunction with social distancing and good hygiene practices. This is absolutely proven last year when the flu and other childhood respiratory illnesses dropped by 62% in the United States. The only thing different was we were all wearing masks, or at least most of us anyway. Home Page Top Stories>2021/03/30 another site demonstrates 49 reasons why proper mask wearing is effective. KXAN Austin>coronavirus Also I heard on the news Tonite if you had the Delta variant it does NOT protect you from the Omicron variant. Which I found remarkable. ABC News.

This is absolutely proven last year when the flu and other childhood respiratory illnesses dropped by 62%
Children didn't get sick because you morons put them in solitary confinement, moron. The flu was NON-EXISTENT because it was classed as covid idiot. Flu is Sars Cov-2--both test positive on the PRC tests (that is why there were so many false positives) also health care providers don't get paid for flu SOOOO, everything is covid. Critical thinking--try it sometime. Masks are INEFFECTIVE--even the mfr. says so shit for brains.

I know there was another thread about masks are effective this but it was negatively skewed by the op. This thread will at least start on a positive note. Masks work in conjunction with social distancing and good hygiene practices. This is absolutely proven last year when the flu and other childhood respiratory illnesses dropped by 62% in the United States. The only thing different was we were all wearing masks, or at least most of us anyway. Home Page Top Stories>2021/03/30 another site demonstrates 49 reasons why proper mask wearing is effective. KXAN Austin>coronavirus Also I heard on the news Tonite if you had the Delta variant it does NOT protect you from the Omicron variant. Which I found remarkable. ABC News.
Correlation ≠ causation....Post hoc ergo propter hoc isn't science, Corky.

Oh really? This ought to be good. Mass hysteria about covid19 and the psychological hysteria seems rather the larger issue here. Covid is 99% survivable and the efficacy of the vaccines makes me wince. I KNOW some of the holier than thou anointed "vaccinated" that still got Covid twice and ME? ME? NOT vaccinated and just fine.

Oh really? This ought to be good. Mass hysteria about covid19 and the psychological hysteria seems rather the larger issue here. Covid is 99% survivable and the efficacy of the vaccines makes me wince. I KNOW some of the holier than thou anointed "vaccinated" that still got Covid twice and ME? ME? NOT vaccinated and just fine.
Some of us on here aren't getting hysterical some of us actually care about that 1%.

I hope you stay just fine, but through your own actions you have reduced your odds.

Some of us on here aren't getting hysterical some of us actually care about that 1%.
Oh, do tell. This is what some call "anecdotal" evidence, but I digress, I KNOW people that got vaccinated multiple times and still got COVID. Multiple times. YEAH, About that...I haven't been vaccinated against covid and yet magically (TADA!) haven't been infected. So how does that fit into the "science"? I have such bad luck otherwise, I find it hard to believe I am THIS lucky running between the raindrops and can't get wet.

Additional information ; https://www.miamiheralf.com>canyougetomicronvariantinfectionifyouhadcovid

Oh, do tell. This is what some call "anecdotal" evidence, but I digress, I KNOW people that got vaccinated multiple times and still got COVID. Multiple times. YEAH, About that...I haven't been vaccinated against covid and yet magically (TADA!) haven't been infected. So how does that fit into the "science"? I have such bad luck otherwise, I find it hard to believe I am THIS lucky running between the raindrops and can't get wet.
Yes, they're called breakthrough infections. Originally the vaccines were so strong they didn't allow those but now the virus has had enough time to mutate and come come up with variants that can break through. I'm hoping for the best, but we now have a situation where we have a very virulent variant and a very contagious variant making the rounds at the same time. If they combine we've got a real problem. But as always, the scientists are not going to put the cart ahead of the horse, they will simply deal with it as best as a human they can if that occurs.

Yes, they're called breakthrough infections. Originally the vaccines were so strong they didn't allow those but now the virus has had enough time to mutate and come come up with variants that can break through. I'm hoping for the best, but we now have a situation where we have a very virulent variant and a very contagious variant making the rounds at the same time. If they combine we've got a real problem. But as always, the scientists are not going to put the cart ahead of the horse, they will simply deal with it as best as a human they can if that occurs.
Viruses eventually evolve into weaker and weaker forms. And since the original Covid strain was marginal over all, AND it since mutated into a lesser health threat...what's the problem here?

Tell me Stann, If 3.3 M people, worldwide, died of covid in 2021, why did the world mortality rate remain virtually unchanged from the previous 10 years. Don't you think it should have increased by 3.3 M in 2021?

If you aren't hysterical, then deluded, or perhaps just taken away. Covid IS 99% survivable and the efficacy of the so called "vaccine" is rather questionable... Why the lock down?
Do I have to explain this again. Pandemics are fluid events, they have ebbs and flows. How the experts respond to them depends on the situation at the time therefore it is very changeable. End of story.

Do I have to explain this again. Pandemics are fluid events, they have ebbs and flows. How the experts respond to them depends on the situation at the time therefore it is very changeable. End of story.
Also 1% of the world's population would be 78 million people. You keep talking like it's insignificant, the only thing insignificant is your comment.

bored-boring.gif

3e20f9bfb677e6c7742be55b2fa542ec.gif

Well some of us beg to differ what merits a lockdown and what constitutes a pandemic. Psoriasis, warts, hair cancer? Come on, this Covid "pandemic " hysteria is a contrived political shell game. I remember Polio or Tuberculosis and they where real threats. Covid? Not so much. I am NOT anti vax. I AM anti-mandates by assholes that refused this same vaccine under Trump.

Forum List

Back