More people saved by guns.

I've come to the conclusion we need to stop thinking we have a gun problem. We have a nut problem. If there were no guns we'd have people stabbing people to death or beating them with baseball bats. Then what? Ban knives and baseball?

We need to figure out why people in America are going nuts.

Rate of mass shootings has tripled since 2011, new research from Harvard shows

Rate of Mass Shootings Has Tripled Since 2011, Harvard Research Shows

Why are 3 times the number of people today crazier than they were in 2011? WHat has changed? Is their lead in our drinking water?

You are correct. I've been saying that same thing for years. Instead of looking for answers to "why" people kill, our government and media focuses on the "how" people kill. We will ever stop the killing that way but I don't think the left cares.
I don't think the right cares either. Not like they are big on paying for mental health services or doing background checks or preventing anyone from getting a gun

Now you are incorrect. We very much want to prevent criminals from getting guns, and those who are mentally unstable. The problem is that we still need to address the violence in our society. "Why" do people, even those who previously aren't mentally unstable, commit violent acts? Whatever is causing Americans to be more violent than other countries also has a effect on the mentally unstable, making them more likely to act out violently.

And it's proven that background checks do nothing to stop violent crime. They are needed for sure, but making them more stringent, more invasive and restricting won't do anything but infringe on our rights.

No.....it isn't Americans who are violent...it is a tiny number of people, mostly confined to tiny, multi block areas in our democrat controlled cities.......

Out of a country of over 320 million people, we have 8,124 gun murders.....and those are majority committed by career criminals with long histories of crime and violence and are done against other career criminals with long histories of crime and violence.......

Americans own over 357 million guns...and less than 8,124 are used to commit gun murder....that is not a majority, it isn't even a larger minority......it is in fact a statistically insignificant number..........

I've come to the conclusion we need to stop thinking we have a gun problem. We have a nut problem. If there were no guns we'd have people stabbing people to death or beating them with baseball bats. Then what? Ban knives and baseball?

Why are 3 times the number of people today crazier than they were in 2011? WHat has changed? Is their lead in our drinking water?

You are correct. I've been saying that same thing for years. Instead of looking for answers to "why" people kill, our government and media focuses on the "how" people kill. We will ever stop the killing that way but I don't think the left cares.
I don't think the right cares either. Not like they are big on paying for mental health services or doing background checks or preventing anyone from getting a gun

Now you are incorrect. We very much want to prevent criminals from getting guns, and those who are mentally unstable. The problem is that we still need to address the violence in our society. "Why" do people, even those who previously aren't mentally unstable, commit violent acts? Whatever is causing Americans to be more violent than other countries also has a effect on the mentally unstable, making them more likely to act out violently.

And it's proven that background checks do nothing to stop violent crime. They are needed for sure, but making them more stringent, more invasive and restricting won't do anything but infringe on our rights.
What is making people so angry? Fox? Rush?
The economy, mostly.
True. Uber drivers don't make shit

But also people shoot other people because of religion and politics.

You just used the magic words "Background Check" as if it has some bearing on criminals and guns......

How does a background check keep criminals from getting guns...or mass shooters? I am still waiting for an anti gunner to explain how they work....since criminals simply use people with clean records to buy their guns, or simply steal them.....nullifying the background check...even the universal background check.....

The only reason for a background check...is to show they don't work to stop gun crime.....then the anti gunners can push universal background checks....and then they won't work...and then the anti gunners can move on to what they really want...registering all guns in private hands...since you can't have Universal background checks without universal gun registration......
If you buy a gun for someone who shouldn't have one you should go to jail. In fact you will.

The economy, mostly.
True. Uber drivers don't make shit

But also people shoot other people because of religion and politics.
People kill people for all kinds of reasons and have since humans existed.

You just used the magic words "Background Check" as if it has some bearing on criminals and guns......

How does a background check keep criminals from getting guns...or mass shooters? I am still waiting for an anti gunner to explain how they work....since criminals simply use people with clean records to buy their guns, or simply steal them.....nullifying the background check...even the universal background check.....

The only reason for a background check...is to show they don't work to stop gun crime.....then the anti gunners can push universal background checks....and then they won't work...and then the anti gunners can move on to what they really want...registering all guns in private hands...since you can't have Universal background checks without universal gun registration......
If you buy a gun for someone who shouldn't have one you should go to jail. In fact you will.

Yes....I agree.

And how does that have anything to do with background checks....this woman passed a background check, then gave the guns to her baby daddy, a felon 3x over.........

And how does that have anything to do with background checks....this woman passed a background check, then gave the guns to her baby daddy, a felon 3x over.........
There is no one solution that will solve this.

I'm for lowering the risk.

A. More cops. Better cops. Better response times.
B. More ccw carriers.
C. Background check or no straw purchases. We all know the NRA lobby's for the gun manufacturers. They like the status quo.

We can do things to lower the risks. No easy answer to this one. Not gonna ban guns and people be crazy. What cha gonna do?

Obama. Reid.

Seriously, I'm not saying angry, I'm saying violent. I don't know why, but until we find out, people will continue to die even if we take all the guns away.

Obama. Reid.

Seriously, I'm not saying angry, I'm saying violent. I don't know why, but until we find out, people will continue to die even if we take all the guns away.
It's right wing divisive propaganda

Add some more numbers to the countless lives and property saved bygood guys with guns.
That isn't happening. I wish it was, but not so.
It is in fact happening. This thread is full of examples and doesn't even scratch the surface.
It's full of facts? I am not seeing it. The last mass murder incident was caused by and stopped by firearms. What is the big plus in this I am missing? The math here is weak. It's a phony self sustaining argument. We NEED guns because....? To protect ourselves from other people with guns? Let's get past that argument.

There is no one solution that will solve this.

I'm for lowering the risk.

A. More cops. Better cops. Better response times.
B. More ccw carriers.
C. Background check or no straw purchases. We all know the NRA lobby's for the gun manufacturers. They like the status quo.

We can do things to lower the risks. No easy answer to this one. Not gonna ban guns and people be crazy. What cha gonna do?

And the inner twit comes out.....do you just accept the crap the anti gunners say without thinking about it.....yes..sadly you do if you post this crap.

Background checks do not keep guns out of the hands of criminals and mass shooters.....please...tell me how they kept a 3x felon from getting an AK variant rifle and a pistol....using them to shoot his coworkers...in a gun free zone........

And how do you stop a straw purchase? The baby momma passed her background checks for those guns...background checks the NRA supports twit.

You lock up straw purchasers when you catch them and tell prosecutors and judges to actually lock them up...

There is one gap in the system.....that is what happens after cops arrest gun criminals....prosecutors and judges let them go.....

Add some more numbers to the countless lives and property saved bygood guys with guns.
It is in fact happening. This thread is full of examples and doesn't even scratch the surface.
It's full of facts? I am not seeing it. The last mass murder incident was caused by and stopped by firearms. What is the big plus in this I am missing? The math here is weak. It's a phony self sustaining argument. We NEED guns because....? To protect ourselves from other people with guns? Let's get past that argument.

Get past it.....yes.....let's get rid of truth, reality and facts...and focus on unicorns and pixie dust....

Americans use guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop violent criminal attack and save lives...according to bill clinton and barak obama.......

In 2013 over 11.1 million people carried guns for self defense and the gun murder rate went down......

In 2014 there were over 13 million people carrying guns for self defense...and the gun murder rate went down....

So how do you explain that with what you posted..........

1,500,000 violent criminals stopped by Armed Americans.

in 2014 there were 8,124 gun murders, the majority of which were violent career criminals murdering other career criminals....

So

1,500,000 crimes stopped and lives saved vs. 8,124 gun murders

Can you tell which number is bigger....and how wrong you are in your statements?

You realize that there are over 357,000,000 million guns in private hands right? And the total number of mass public shootings in 2015 was 4...half of which were muslim terrorism...right.....?

And that means that with less than 8,124 guns used to commit gun murder, over 356,991,876 million guns in private hands were not used to commit murder.....owned by normal people who obey the law.....

Which numbers are bigger....? Can you tell the significance of the difference between the numbers?

The total number of lives taken by these mass shooters.... 37.

Here is the left wing news source...Mother Jones...they hate guns, ..they too have tracked mass shootings...and here is what they found...

If you go to the link they list each year and the specific mass shootings with details....injured, killed, weapons used.....

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

Sooooo....

How many deaths on average according to Mother Jones...anti gun, uber left wing Mother Jones.......each year, well less than 73.

2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19
2002...not listed by mother jones

Obama. Reid.

It's right wing divisive propaganda

Yeah well you are just an idiot. Dismissed.

You didn't look at anything did you. This thread is full of links and stories of people and property saved by guns. You don't want to see anything that you disagree with, ok well then we have nothing to talk about.

Forum List

Back