Missouri Man Charged With Threatening To Shoot President Obama

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
This thread is NOT here to encourage this kind of stuff. Quite the opposite: it is here to show how well the authorities are working.

Missouri Man Charged With Threatening To Shoot President Obama

A Missouri man was charged on Tuesday with threatening several times to shoot U.S. President Barack Obama in meetings with an informant and an undercover officer who posed as a member of a white supremacist group, prosecutors said.

Cameron James Stout, 24, of Stover was arrested on Tuesday and remains in custody after an initial appearance in U.S. District Court in Jefferson City, Missouri's capital, prosecutors said.

An informant told a Morgan County sheriff's deputy that Stout had asked him on Thursday for a high-powered rifle and assistance in a plan to shoot the president in the next few weeks, an affidavit attached to the criminal complaint said.

Over the next few days, the informant, a former member of the Aryan Nation, met with Stout and agreed to put him in touch with a high-ranking member of the organization who could help him obtain a rifle and plan the attack, the affidavit said.

Stout drew diagrams of the Washington, D.C. area and talked about possible positions from which he could fire at the White House or a church the president attends, the affidavit said...

..On Tuesday, Stout told the informant and an undercover officer who was posing as an Aryan Nation superior that he planned to shoot Obama the next time the president appeared in Kansas City, the affidavit said.

Also being reported here:

Stover man charged with threatening to shoot the President - News - The Lake News Online - Camdenton MO

Stover man charged with threatening the President News ConnectMidMissouri.com

Here is the perp:

cameron%20stout.jpg

Stover man charged with planning to kill the president News Tribune

Missouri man charged with threatening to shoot President Obama - Yahoo News

Man is charged with plotting to kill Obama in Kansas City Local - KY3.com

According to the affidavit, Stout said his plan was to set up at Crown Center in Kansas City, Mo., and to shoot the president the next time he comes to Kansas City.

Stout wanted the undercover officer to provide him with transportation to and from Kansas City. The officer says Stout said he is a competent shot up to 200 yards.

The undercover officer asked Stout if it was Stout’s plan to shoot the president, according to the affidavit, and Stout replied “Yes.” Stout then told the undercover officer that he had done research for his plan on his home computer.

The U.S. Secret Service and the Morgan County Sheriff’s Department investigated this case.

Missouri man charged with threatening to shoot President Obama Reuters

Missouri man charged with threatening to shoot President Obama

Stover Man Charged with Threatening to Shoot the President USAO-WDMO Department of Justice

FOX reported it, but strangely enough, on it's sports-site. :wtf:

Missouri man charged with threatening to shoot President Obama - News - Fox Sports Radio 1390

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does the law say about this?

Threatening the President of the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"Threatening the President of the United States is a class D felonyunder United States Code Title 18, Section 871.[1] It consists of knowingly and willfully mailing or otherwise making "any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States". The United States Secret Service investigates suspected violations of this law and monitors those who have a history of threatening the President. Threatening the President is considered a political offense.[2] Aliens who commit this crime can be deported.[3]...

...Threatening the President of the United States is a class E felony under United States Code Title 18, Section 871.[43][44] The offense is punishable by up to 5 years in prison, [43] a $250,000 maximum fine,[45] a $100 special assessment, [46] and 3 years of supervised release. [47]Internet restrictions such as a prohibition on access to email have been imposed on offenders who made their threats by computer. The U.S. Sentencing Guidelines set a base offense level of 12 for sending threatening communication, but when a threat to the President is involved, a 6-level "official victim" enhancement applies. Moreover, "an upward departure may be warranted due to the potential disruption of the governmental function."[48] Further enhancements can apply if the offender evidenced an intent to carry out the threat (6-level enhancement); made more than two threats (2-level enhancement); caused substantial disruption of public, governmental, or business functions or services (4-level enhancement); or created a substantial risk of inciting others to harm federal officials (2-level enhancement). [49] Since each 6-level increase approximately doubles the Guidelines sentencing range, it is not particularly rare for an offender who threatens the President to receive a sentence at or near the maximum, especially if he has a criminal history and/or does not qualify for a reduction for acceptance of responsibility. There is a 4-level decrease available for a threat involving a "single instance evidencing little or no deliberation", which would usually apply to spur-of-the-moment verbal threats. The maximum penalty for threatening a United States judge or a Federal law enforcement officer is 10 years imprisonment — double the maximum penalty for threatening the President.[50]..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, once again, a batshit crazy person has threatened the President. If you google this issue, you will find that this has happened a lot in the last 14 years, to both President Bush (43) and now, to President Obama. We may never know the full-scale of this in either case, for the Secret Service is pretty hush-hush about a number of cases, for various reasons, I suppose. When a case makes it this far into the press, I think we can safely assume that it was considered a major danger to the life of the President.

Feel free to discuss, but remember, this is some serious shit and not to be taken lightly. There are some issues in the WIKI link from above over which we can have an adult discussion, so I recommend that as a starting point, for instance, unter "V. Interpretation".

And remember that any comment on this thread that supports assassination in any way will be reported. That doesn't mean you aren't allowed to criticize the President. Criticize all you want, for all I care, but know when to draw the line.

I say it again: this is some SERIOUS shit. And I would hope that people from all over the spectrum would call this out. Please notice that I did not mention the race or ideological leaning of the perp myself, because you can find batshit crazy people of all colors and persuasions. So, this is not an R vs. D, Right vs. Left issue. It is far more dangerous than that.

Discuss - like adults. This is not a flame-bait thread, it is an attempt at a serious discussion. Let's see if the USMB membership is up to this challenge. What can we as a people do to reduce this kind of stuff? Are we so polarized that we see no chance of this kind of danger subsiding? I suspect that many people will appear and speak out against this - from all sides.

Your input?

I think it's great that the authorities caught this person and arrested him.

I also think that if the Secret Service would have had to handle it, he might have been able to squeeze off a shot or two, especially in light of the recent bunch of scandals that have rocked them lately.

Thank goodness that law enforcement is able to work right on occasion.

• Banned
I think it's great that the authorities caught this person and arrested him.

I also think that if the Secret Service would have had to handle it, he might have been able to squeeze off a shot or two, especially in light of the recent bunch of scandals that have rocked them lately.

Thank goodness that law enforcement is able to work right on occasion.

Looks like cooperation with Secret Service and the local authorities. And although no mention of FBI is made yet, I bet that it was also involved. Kudos to the local authorities.

Based on the one text I quoted, the young man must be pretty poor, because he even asked the undercover agent for a ride to Kansas City. You would think that he could drive his own car...

• Banned
Good. Lock him up in Guantanamo for all I care.

Nobody threatens our president, even if I revile his politics and ...other qualities.

I agree with you very strongly. Well said.

Let the justice system do it's work, and this dude will be put behind bars for a good while.

Did you notice that the penalty for threatening US judges or FBI agents is actually higher than that for threatening the President? I wonder what kind of logic is behind that one...

Nobody threatens our president, even if I revile his politics and ...other qualities.

Let the justice system do it's work, and this dude will be put behind bars for a good while.

Did you notice that the penalty for threatening US judges or FBI agents is actually higher than that for threatening the President? I wonder what kind of logic is behind that one...

Criminals make threats like that all the time because they blame cops and lawyers for their actions instead of themselves. The greater penalty means that they get extended sentences for making those threats.

As far as the OP goes this kind of thing demonstrates a fundamental problem with this society. Too many people believe that a gun can solve their problems. That is something that we as a people need to deal with and the sooner the better IMO.

Criminals make threats like that all the time because they blame cops and lawyers for their actions instead of themselves. The greater penalty means that they get extended sentences for making those threats.

As far as the OP goes this kind of thing demonstrates a fundamental problem with this society. Too many people believe that a gun can solve their problems. That is something that we as a people need to deal with and the sooner the better IMO.

We the people did address this

That ship sailed

Time to move on

-Geaux

ObamaGunBillDefeated.jpg

From Missouri. What are the odds? How fucking convenient. This is a great opportunity for the segregationist-in-chief.

They are everywhere, these batshit crazy people that have become possessed with hatred and have let their anger at not being in control take over their pea brains.

From Missouri. What are the odds? How fucking convenient. This is a great opportunity for the segregationist-in-chief.

They are everywhere, these batshit crazy people that have become possessed with hatred and have let their anger at not being in control take over their pea brains.

AWG's have an entitlement mentality IMO.

AWG's have an entitlement mentality IMO.

The kkk-types who post here are always whining and blaming Blacks for their own failures. They're nothing but professional victims.

Sounds like entrapment to me...not a very well thought out plan either. Remember the 2 idiots in Tn that were gonna do same thing back in 2009? I knew the one guy. Daniel Cowart.

Sounds like entrapment to me...not a very well thought out plan either. Remember the 2 idiots in Tn that were gonna do same thing back in 2009? I knew the one guy. Daniel Cowart.

That name should be spelled c-o-w-a-r-d because that's what ALL white supremacists are.
Yawn. More balls than you neutered boy.

Slime who hide under bedsheets or behind computer keyboards are cowards.

That name should be spelled c-o-w-a-r-d because that's what ALL white supremacists are.
Yawn. More balls than you neutered boy.

Slime who hide under bedsheets or behind computer keyboards are cowards.
Guess you ain't paid attention to 90% of White Nationalists,supremacists,Creators,NS etc. Only Klan uses sheets and only keyboard warriors ONLY sit behind a keyboard...I am attending a klan event in April gonna get new baby blessed. :) I have been to several NSM rallies,christmas parties etc. You speak from your ass as usual.

Forum List

Back