Military warns EMP attack could wipe out America democracy world order

EMP , lots would die especially in the big cities .
Indirectly......yes
----------------------------------------------------hospitals first after the fuel for emergency generators runs out and i wonder how many hospital generators are even shielded against EMP .
I doubt any are EMP survivable along with vehicles, communications infrastructure and thousands of other devices

----------------------------------------------------hospitals first after the fuel for emergency generators runs out and i wonder how many hospital generators are even shielded against EMP .

None of them. The generators all go through a UPS (uninterrupted power supply) which is a battery set up with an ATS (automatic transfer switch) when street power goes. ALL susceptible to EMP as every other building is unless it is DOD, NSA, etc that has some protection, but even that may not stop it. All generator power depends upon fuel supply anyway which is usually finite unless they get refilled. All the gas, and oil uses unprotected electric pumps, so they would be down too. It wouldn't be pretty.
Got a siphon pump?
With all their dependence on electronics, no cars or trucks would work

think that a FAIRADAY cage works to shield vehicles or Electronics or Generators or simply have an old 60s car or truck parked and ready to go RWinger .

another boogyman from the pentagon?

the same pentagon warning the GND is their biggest concern?

~S~

Here are some goodies of info

6 Totally Insane Things That Will Happen If Our Power Grid Goes Down
And that’s why it’s so important for everyone to prepare for the possibility that one day our grid could go down in a big way, whether it be from a terrorist attack, cyber attack, nuclear war, or solar flare. If our society suffered a widespread power failure that lasted for weeks or months, it would be no different for us than if we were suddenly sent back to the 1800’s. It would be a strange and dangerous world, and for the average person, it would catch them off guard in the following ways:

1. All commerce will cease. The ATMs won’t work, the banks won’t open, and the cash registers won’t…well, register. For a while cash will be king, but if the crisis goes on for more than a few weeks, then people will view it as worthless. We’d be back to a barter economy in short order.

2. Communications will shut down. If you think you can rely on your cell phone to work in a disaster, think again. In a crisis, when everyone instinctively reaches for their phone, that limit is quickly surpassed and the radios on the tower get sluggish, thus causing the fast-busy signal. Mobile analysts estimates that a cell site can handle 150 to 200 calls per second per sector. When a large group are making calls at the same time, the network can’t handle the amount of calls. More importantly, communications with police, firefighters, and ambulance services will cease. Many of the workers in these positions will try to soldier on, and keep doing the best job that they can for as long as they can. However, without ordinary citizens calling them to report crimes and emergencies, they’ll be helplessly watching their communities burn down around them. It won’t be long before they give up, ditch their posts, and return to their families.

3. Without electricity, all forms of fuel that our society relies on will stop flowing. All of our vehicles will be dead in the water, and more importantly, the trucks will stop delivering food. The grocery stores will be stripped bare in hours, and will not be replenished for a long time. Even if you live in an area that is rich in agricultural resources, there may be no food to be had, since those farms rely on fertilizers and farming equipment that must be delivered by trucks.

4. And of course many of those farms will lack water, as will your plumbing. For a couple of days after the power goes out, you’ll still have running water since water towers rely on gravity to feed the water to your home. However, electricity is required to clean that water and pump it into the tower. Once it’s out, that means that you won’t be able to flush your toilet. So not only dehydration be a major threat, but without the ability to remove human waste or wash your hands, every community will face daunting sanitation problems.

5. When the grocery stores are stripped bare, the pharmacies won’t be far behind. Millions of people who rely on life saving medications could die in the weeks and months that follow. But perhaps more shocking is what would happen to the people who aren’t using drugs that are immediately life saving. 13% of Americans are using opioid drugs, which are highly addictive and cause horrendous withdrawal symptoms. Another 13% of Americans are on antidepressants, and likewise, the withdrawal symptoms are pretty problematic. In other words, within a few weeks after the grid collapses, about 25% of your neighbors are going to be in an awful mental state that is not conducive for survival.

6. And finally, one of the most shocking things that people will have to deal with, is the lack of GPS. The GPS satellites will probably keep running, but eventually the devices that read those signals will give up the ghost. These days people are pretty reliant on GPS for directions, and there aren’t as many paper maps lying around. The average person is going to be utterly lost if the grid goes down.

In summary, law and order will break down at every level, and death will be around every corner. It’s one thing to grow up and live in an era that lacks electricity, but to be sent back to such a time on a moments notice would be one of the most challenging things that a person accustomed to modern amenities would ever face.

6 Things That Will Happen If Our Power Grid Goes Down

Military warns EMP attack could wipe out America, ‘democracy, world order’ – The DEFCON Warning System

In an extraordinary and sobering report meant to educate the nation on a growing threat, a new military study warns that an electromagnetic pulse weapon attack such as those developed by North Korea, Russia, and Iran could essentially challenge the United States and displace millions.

View attachment 233355

https://media.defense.gov/2018/Nov/...DEMAIO_ELECTROMAGNETIC_DEFENSE_TASK_FORCE.PDF
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh the trendy losers would die within a week they can't live without their phones, can't grow anything and if your really young then we have dumbasses who don't even know what a can opener is.

For you collectors out there I have pre-nuclear war artifacts for sale at my web site; pens, pencils, hats, bumper stickers....get em while they are NOT hot!

I am surprised we haven't had a significant attack on our power grid yet. Most distribution is unprotected, and even generation is not that hardened except for Nuke plants.

seems to me that a gun or 2 or 20 will come in handy if an EMP Attack ever happens eh ??

Some experts say in 15 days or so with no power, no food it would only take that many days before people resort to eating one another.
I'm not sure about 15 days, but given long enough were there is no food in the stores, and most people's homes are food-less at that point maybe.

We lost power in my area for just a few days. It started to get weird when people realized there was no food on the shelves at super markets, they couldn't pump gas at the gas station, and they had no A/C, nor refrigeration. Of course, people could drive a ways to get stuff, but still I saw disbelief, and the beginnings of approaching panic in some people.

If it had been a larger area, and just a bit longer it would have become very, very ugly, very quickly.

We lost power in my area for just a few days. It started to get weird when people realized there was no food on the shelves at super markets, they couldn't pump gas at the gas station, and they had no A/C, nor refrigeration. Of course, people could drive a ways to get stuff, but still I saw disbelief, and the beginnings of approaching panic in some people.

If it had been a larger area, and just a bit longer it would have become very, very ugly, very quickly.

Remember back in 2003 or so , the entire east coast had no power? I'm pretty sure that was the case.

Last edited:
seems to me that a gun or 2 or 20 will come in handy if an EMP Attack ever happens eh ??
Once the zombie apocalypse comes the currency of choice will become canned beer

I am stocking up

after a while of drinking beer I always look for something to Eat . Do you have a way of keeping yerself from being 'ET' RWinger ??

Some experts say in 15 days or so with no power, no food it would only take that many days before people resort to eating one another.
I'm not sure about 15 days, but given long enough were there is no food in the stores, and most people's homes are food-less at that point maybe.
Puppies and kittens go first

Puppies and kittens go first
---------------------- Yeah , USUALLY

trump%2Bapocalyse%2B5.jpg

Forum List

Back