Was D-Day the height of German American relationships?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017

Heather Nauert cited D-Day as the height of U.S.-German relations. Now she’s headed to the U.N.

The United Nations came into existence to vanquish Germany, as 26 nations jointly pledged in 1942 not to surrender to “savage and brutal forces seeking to subjugate the world.”

Three-quarters of a century later, the woman who would soon become President Trump’s pick to represent the United States at the United Nations cited the D-Day landings — a cornerstone of this unwavering Allied pledge and the basis of the Nazi defeat on the Western Front — to showcase the strength of German-American relations.

——

Trump and the GOP leave me speechless.

And this woman is going to be the ambassador to the United Nations?

Oh that’s right, he only picks the best and the brightest.

Because he has a really good brain and knows lots of words.

The author should learn their own history before commenting....the UN came into existence in 1945

I stopped reading at that point

Please enlighten the board oh great sage of knowledge.

When was the height of German and American relationship? .... :cool:
upload_2018-12-7_12-58-56.jpeg

The author should learn their own history before commenting....the UN came into existence in 1945

the first draft of it was in 1942.....

The UN did not exist until Oct 1945....fact
you are right but,the first draft of it was in 1942.......On New Year's Day 1942, President Roosevelt, Prime Minister Churchill,Litvinov of the USSR and Soong of China signed a short document which later came to be known as the United Nations Declaration and the next day the representatives of twenty-two other nations added their signatures.

you are right but,the first draft of it was in 1942.......On New Year's Day 1942, President Roosevelt, Prime Minister Churchill,Litvinov of the USSR and Soong of China signed a short document which later came to be known as the United Nations Declaration and the next day the representatives of twenty-two other nations added their signatures.

And it morphed into one of the most useless organizations ever

And it morphed into one of the most useless organizations ever
Overseeing the most peaceful period in all of human history. Your type said the League of Nations was useless, too. And the U.S. stayed out. Then what happened?

Forum List

Back