Michigan Senate Passes Bill that Makes Anal Sex Punishable By 15 Years in Prison

Is it the state's business what consenting adults do? (If no one is hurt)

• No

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
The law is used to protect animals and the language concerning human sodomy apparently can't be removed b/c the bill won't pass since some elected officials are stupid.

Are there really so many people having sex with animals, that this had to be written into law?

The law, as I understand it, was aimed at making it tougher for animal abusers to be able to adopt animals.

The rest is just nonsense.

The law is used to protect animals and the language concerning human sodomy apparently can't be removed b/c the bill won't pass since some elected officials are stupid.

I get that it was a bill aimed at protecting animals, and that the human anti-sodomy was only a part of it.

But where do politicians get the idea that they have any say in our sex lives? (obviously except where children are concerned, rape or other such acts)

When it comes to consenting adults? They don't and shouldn't have any say in our sex lives.

I get that it was a bill aimed at protecting animals, and that the human anti-sodomy was only a part of it.

But where do politicians get the idea that they have any say in our sex lives? (obviously except where children are concerned, rape or other such acts)

If you are up to date on the current crap going on at colleges, its the left that seems to want to get into the bedrooms of people. The right wants to do it, but has gotten burned to many times and has hopefully learned its lessons.

Colleges are trying to turn drunken hook-ups into assault or rape, and are denying due process to make sure the "criminals" are punished.

Are there really so many people having sex with animals, that this had to be written into law?

Apparently. lol

That to me is more scary than the inability to get the word "mankind" removed from the law.

"Don't bugger animals" seems such an easy rule to follow.

Apparently. lol

That to me is more scary than the inability to get the word "mankind" removed from the law.

I've always found the idea of legislating common sense to be silly. Do I really need a law that tell me to wear a helmet while on a motorcycle? Or a seat belt while in a car? lol

No but the politicians who do this kind of stuff don't know that. In Michigan there were a couple of politicians who pushed for some really harsh laws on alcohol and they turned out to be super drunks. A couple guys wanted to legislate against gays and they ended up busted in rest area stings. What does that tell you about a guy who legislates against bestiality?

Apparently. lol

I've always found the idea of legislating common sense to be silly. Do I really need a law that tell me to wear a helmet while on a motorcycle? Or a seat belt while in a car? lol

It's because politicians like the "easy victories" these laws give them, to show us they are "doing something".

That being said, equating or even putting "don't butt-fuck dogs" and "wear your helmet/seatbelt" into the same conversation is a bit of a stretch.

Apparently. lol

It's because politicians like the "easy victories" these laws give them, to show us they are "doing something".

That being said, equating or even putting "don't butt-fuck dogs" and "wear your helmet/seatbelt" into the same conversation is a bit of a stretch.

No doubt. It is feel good nonsense that they can back to their constituents and pretend they doing something.

The only reason I did so is b/c it's another form of legislating common sense.

Apparently. lol

No doubt. It is feel good nonsense that they can back to their constituents and pretend they doing something.

I understand, I just thought it was a good opportunity to be able to type "don't butt-fuck dogs" without sounding like a complete nut-job.

Apparently. lol

I understand, I just thought it was a good opportunity to be able to type "don't butt-fuck dogs" without sounding like a complete nut-job.

I am pleased I could help you in this endeavor. :lol:

If you were a Republican in the MI state legislature, you would want to talk about ANYtHING other than Flint.

UNLESS, the people in Flint are the ones butt fucking their dogs? And the legislature is just trying to protect the dogs of Flint.

Screw the people, save the dogs.

A republican idea of good governance.

If you were a Republican in the MI state legislature, you would want to talk about ANYtHING other than Flint.

UNLESS, the people in Flint are the ones butt fucking their dogs? And the legislature is just trying to protect the dogs of Flint.

Screw the people, save the dogs.

A republican idea of good governance.

Lets not get it twisted, the fuck up in Flint is truly a bipartisan effort.

Is that why the Republicns are getting all the blame? Because Democrats helped them poison the people of Flint?

Dog fuckers all of them.

Is that why the Republicns are getting all the blame? Because Democrats helped them poison the people of Flint?

Dog fuckers all of them.

I don't think we have seen any evidence of Republicans pouring lead solution into the water supply, but I'll keep searching the internet for it.

Dog fuckers all of them.

The Republicans do not deserve all of the blame. That being said, I do not wish to derail this thread from Winterborn's topic. Cheers!

You would think, with the Flint water debacle, Michigan's state gov't would be too busy. But they managed to pass a law making oral or anal sex a felony.

Why?
...because the GOP core of Puritanical authoritarian patriarchy values control of folks on behalf of corporate partners uber alles...

I don't think we have seen any evidence of Republicans pouring lead solution into the water supply,

It was the Democrats that did that. Dont you read what is posted on here?
It is all the Democrats fault and the dogs fault for being so attractive.

And if the dogs didnt look so fine, there would be no need to protect them from Republicans.

I don't think we have seen any evidence of Republicans pouring lead solution into the water supply,

It was the Democrats that did that. Dont you read what is posted on here?
It is all the Democrats fault and the dogs fault for being so attractive.

And if the dogs didnt look so fine, there would be no need to protect them from Republicans.

This thread was silly but serious, but now you have injected stupid and hack-ey to it. Congrats.

Go play in traffic.

Is there anything like human error and mismanagement by humans, and not a political party a viable answer anymore?

Forum List

Back