Michigan Senate Passes Bill that Makes Anal Sex Punishable By 15 Years in Prison

Is it the state's business what consenting adults do? (If no one is hurt)

• No

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
will this Bill stop the State from screwing the poor people of Michigan.They sure took it up the arse in Flint!

The local democratic politicians did all the ramming in this case, the State dropped the ball as their regulator (and the feds dropped the ball as the regulator of the regulator).

The rebuttal to your un researched analysis is here. Nevertheless, it was Snyder who unzipped his executive fly and thrust his tool into the sweltering orifice of Flint politics.He withdrew only after the seeds of destruction had been deeply embedded n the bowels of the city.

Partisan hack hacks away. Surprise surprise. Multiple people fucked up in Flint, but your Agenda dictates you gun right for the Governor. Typical.
There is no need to rehash this much worn topic . My link has hundreds of posts on the matter. My initial comment didn't mention Snyder directly. Instead I purposefully used the term "State" which correctly serves as a euphemism that connects ALL of the state's culpability under one heading.

will this Bill stop the State from screwing the poor people of Michigan.They sure took it up the arse in Flint!

The local democratic politicians did all the ramming in this case, the State dropped the ball as their regulator (and the feds dropped the ball as the regulator of the regulator).

The rebuttal to your un researched analysis is here. Nevertheless, it was Snyder who unzipped his executive fly and thrust his tool into the sweltering orifice of Flint politics.He withdrew only after the seeds of destruction had been deeply embedded n the bowels of the city.

Partisan hack hacks away. Surprise surprise. Multiple people fucked up in Flint, but your Agenda dictates you gun right for the Governor. Typical.
There is no need to rehash this much worn topic . My link has hundreds of posts on the matter. My initial comment didn't mention Snyder directly. Instead I purposefully used the term "State" which correctly serves as a euphemism that connects ALL of the state's culpability under one heading.

When you go with the term "State", with caps, you go with the State Government of Michigan, and of course the Gov is the head. Syntax means things.

When you go with the term "State", with caps, you go with the State Government of Michigan, and of course the Gov is the head. Syntax means things.
You are quite bright... I'll give you that!

You are quite bright... I'll give you that!

Nice, a non-answer.

You would think, with the Flint water debacle, Michigan's state gov't would be too busy. But they managed to pass a law making oral or anal sex a felony.

Why?

You would think, with the Flint water debacle, Michigan's state gov't would be too busy. But they managed to pass a law making oral or anal sex a felony.

Why?

This law was already on the books, they were just modifying it to make it a felony to sodomize animals, and more of a crime if you have a history of it. The issue is they are not removing the part referring to human sodomy, which was deemed unconstitutional anyway.

Michigan is just one of over a dozen states with such laws

-Geaux

And why does anyone think teh state has the right to tell two consenting adults how they can and cannot have sex??

Oh, and the dozen states with such laws are in the same boat as Michigan. The SCOTUS has ruled such laws unconstitutional.

-Geaux

And why does anyone think teh state has the right to tell two consenting adults how they can and cannot have sex??

Oh, and the dozen states with such laws are in the same boat as Michigan. The SCOTUS has ruled such laws unconstitutional.

Why should the Federal Government tell us we must have Health Care Insurance or pay a fine? We have to prove it on our 1040 EZ and A's.

-Geaux

-Geaux

Why should the Federal Government tell us we must have Health Care Insurance or pay a fine? We have to prove it on our 1040 EZ and A's.

-Geaux

Why indeed. I am against forcing people to carry health insurance (with some notable exceptions).

But why don't we stick with the topic?

In Utah the rational was that if sex offenders offend using anal intercourse and forceable oral sex, or any of these as not really sex they still had a way of prosecution.

To my knowledge consenting adults have not been prosecuted.

In Utah the rational was that if sex offenders offend using anal intercourse and forceable oral sex, or any of these as not really sex they still had a way of prosecution.

Historically, anti sodomy laws have been used to persecute gays far more than straights.

Historically, anti sodomy laws have been used to persecute gays far more than straights.
if that's the case, i'm sure they're several on this forum that live in fear.

if that's the case, i'm sure they're several on this forum that live in fear.

I'm pretty sure plenty of people on this forum live in fear. It is just that there are a variety of paranoid behaviors.

The law is used to protect animals and the language concerning human sodomy apparently can't be removed b/c the bill won't pass since some elected officials are stupid.

The law is used to protect animals and the language concerning human sodomy apparently can't be removed b/c the bill won't pass since some elected officials are stupid.

Are there really so many people having sex with animals, that this had to be written into law?

I get that it was a bill aimed at protecting animals, and that the human anti-sodomy was only a part of it.

But where do politicians get the idea that they have any say in our sex lives? (obviously except where children are concerned, rape or other such acts)

Forum List

Back