MI Anti-Abortion Bill, 'Most Extreme' In The Country, Barrels Through State House

Based on what you wrote, the only thing I disagree with is the health of the mother.

I mean, a woman who was raped and pregnant because of it (or any woman), has plenty of time to decide to abort before the first trimester has passed.

I would agree. 20 weeks is 5 months.

Also, the morning after pill doesn't require a prescription. You can just buy it otc. I am pro choice.

Last edited:
But I'm asking you or anyone HERE: What is the problem with making abortions, except in the case of a life-saving situation for the mother, illegal after 20 weeks of gestation?

I am pro-choice (first trimester), but I see nothing wrong with this.

So, I would like to know the objections to it from other persons who are pro-choice.

You are asking people that support pulling living babies half way out and crushing their heads why they are opposed to limits on abortion? And you expect a reasonable answer?

But I'm asking you or anyone HERE: What is the problem with making abortions, except in the case of a life-saving situation for the mother, illegal after 20 weeks of gestation?

So, I would like to know the objections to it from other persons who are pro-choice.

You are asking people that support pulling living babies half way out and crushing their heads why they are opposed to limits on abortion? And you expect a reasonable answer?

Shut the fuck up.

/she said politely

Based on what you wrote, the only thing I disagree with is the health of the mother.

I mean, a woman who was raped and pregnant because of it (or any woman), has plenty of time to decide to abort before the first trimester has passed.

I would agree. 20 weeks is 5 months.

Also, the morning after pill doesn't require a prescription. You can just buy it otc. I am pro choice.
That's my understanding, too.

So, what is the issue about making abortions, except in life-saving situations, illegal after 20 weeks of gestation?

I am curious.

This is more about legislators all over the US doing an end run around women's reproductive rights, in flagrant violation of Roe v Wade than the last trimester abortions (which so rarely happen.)
How is this an "end-run"?

I'm sorry if it offends anyone, but any woman who cannot decide to abort before five months, is a fucking moron.

Shut the fuck up.

/she said politely

And yet you refuse to answer why 5 months is not long enough for a person to choice to have an abortion and opposed to a bill that simply sets a reasonable time limit on when it is ok to murder your own child.

Mitt Romney gets millions from Phil Frost, the man behind an enormous and unknown number of abortions. Phil Frost manufactures and markets the well known "morning after" abortion pill. It's OK when Republicans do it.

So, what is the issue about making abortions, except in life-saving situations, illegal after 20 weeks of gestation?

I am curious.

This is more about legislators all over the US doing an end run around women's reproductive rights, in flagrant violation of Roe v Wade than the last trimester abortions (which so rarely happen.)

I'm sorry if it offends anyone, but any woman who cannot decide to abort before five months, is a fucking moron.

I'll be able to discuss this when I'm not at work, because I want to give this conversation my full attention.

I'll be able to discuss this when I'm not at work, because I want to give this conversation my full attention.
OK. Sounds good.

You know, he's right. I was going to type this big old answer about how for the past 18 months, instead of jobs, every Republican in the land has been crawling up every Suzy in the land, and it is NONE of their (pun not intended, but it stays) fucking business! They are blatantly, obviously doing everything they can to make abortions difficult, if not impossible, to get.

I'm up to here with all of them, and all of this.

You know, he's right. I was going to type this big old answer about how for the past 18 months, instead of jobs, every Republican in the land has been crawling up every Suzy in the land, and it is NONE of their (pun not intended, but it stays) fucking business! They are blatantly, obviously doing everything they can to make abortions difficult, if not impossible, to get.

So, you DID know for years that MI has disallowed abortions after a certain period of gestation, right?

And, as someone who lived in MI for over a decade and who has taken two separate friends for abortions, I see nothing wrong with making the venues much more in line with other medical facilities where day procedures are performed.

Those places were a shock to me. If I hadn't know why I was there, I would never have guessed it was a place where medical procedures were performed.

Talk about safety of the mother? Damn, those places were fucking filthy.

Way to go Michigan...finally.

So, you DID know for years that MI has disallowed abortions after a certain period of gestation, right?

And, as someone who lived in MI for over a decade and who has taken two separate friends for abortions, I see nothing wrong with making the venues much more in line with other medical facilities where day procedures are performed.

Those places were a shock to me. If I hadn't know why I was there, I would never have guessed it was a place where medical procedures were performed.

I personally would never have an abortion later than say 16 weeks.

BUT: I adamantly refuse to speak to any decision any other woman might reach.

Roe v Wade addressed that issue.

Individual states are doing everything they can deny women their rights under RvW, and that pisses me off.

Individual states are doing everything they can deny women their rights under RvW, and that pisses me off.
The Constitution allows the states to do that.

Also, what is the issue with any state disallowing an elective abortion after 20 weeks? (Personally, I prefer 12 weeks.)

If a woman cannot decide whether or not to terminate her pregnancy before that, she has more pressing personal issues than just having an unwanted pregnancy.

Also, what is the issue with any state disallowing an elective abortion after 20 weeks? (Personally, I prefer 12 weeks.)

If a woman cannot decide whether or not to terminate her pregnancy before that, she has more pressing personal issues than just having an unwanted pregnancy.

If the bolded is true, then why are state supreme courts reversing these bills?

My guess would be that they evaluated their own constitution and decided based on that?

What bills have been reversed? I live in VA and I have heard nothing about even a petition to the VA Supreme Court about ours.

Michigan Woman Lawmakers Silenced By GOP After Abortion Debate 'Temper Tantrum'

"I'd love to know what I said that was offensive," Brown told The Huffington Post. "It was an anti-choice bill regarding abortion, which obviously involves a vagina, so, you know, I don't know what word I'm supposed to use otherwise."

Byrum caused a stir when she marched through the House gallery Wednesday protesting that she hadn't been allowed to speak on her amendment to the anti-abortion bill that would have required a man to have proof of a medical emergency before he could have a vasectomy.

"It's my impression that I'm being banned from speaking as a result of my use of the term vasectomy -- a medical procedure," Byrum told The Huffington Post. "Neither of us has been contacted by Republican leadership as to why or how long we've been banned. Talk about disrespectful, that they don’t have the common decency to tell us themselves."

Ari Adler, a spokesman for House Majority Leader Jase Bolger (R-Marshall), said the lawmakers were banned from speaking because of their behavior, not because of their word choice. "They behaved in a way that disrupted the decorum of the House," Adler said. "For Brown, it was not the words she used, but the way she used them that resulted in her being gaveled down." In Byrum's case, Adler said, "I hate to put it this way, but she essentially had a temper tantrum on the House floor."

Adler said the Republican floor leader told the Democratic floor leader the two representatives would not be recognized on Thursday. It's "not [the GOP's] concern" if the lawmakers weren't given the message, he said. It's unfortunate, he added, that the two lawmakers were sanctioned for what occurred during debate on an anti-abortion bill, because it makes it look as if they were silenced for reasons other than their "lack of decorum."

"The reality is, we have two representatives not being recognized today because of their actions yesterday," Adler said. "It has nothing to do with their gender or religion or the topics they were speaking about."

Byrum said that she believes her gender did have something to do with it, and that the silencing is unfair and unwarranted.

"There have been physical altercations between at least two men on the House floor, and I don't recall any of them every being banned from speaking," Bynum said. "It's just unacceptable to silence women when we're talking about women's reproductive rights."

My guess would be that they evaluated their own constitution and decided based on that?

What bills have been reversed? I live in VA and I have heard nothing about even a petition to the VA Supreme Court about ours.

This wasn't a bill, it was going to go on a ballot. My mistake.

Forum List

Back