Methane is the real threat to the heating up of the Earth, not carbon.

Methane gas being released from the frozen tundra in Siberia, and from under the worlds ocean is more of a danger for heating up the Earth than Carbon. Scientific research says methane poses more of a real danger in super heating the Earth.
Then stop farting.....

Yes, they are covering these landfills now with a thick plastic, and running pipes under them to suck out all the methane, and use it for methane energy plants.
Not what I have seen on the west coast. The vent pipes open to the atmosphere. The issue that prompted it in one area that I am aware of is because the county was sued by a nearby home owner who experienced methane coming up in their home and could not sell it. The county paid 500K for that 100K home and then they vented the landfill--to the atmosphere.

Isn't that the stuff they are venting from every closed landfill in the US?
Back in the 1960s we had what was known as a trash incinerator, that got rid of trash by burning it. Some states used it to provide power to their cities as most trash is just energy that needs to be used. But the environmental whacko's dont like happy people, so they banned the trash burning. Now we have to deal with major landfills..

Last edited:
Back in the 1960s we had what was known as a trash incinerator, that got rid of trash by burning it. Some states used it to provide power to their cities as most trash is just energy that needs to be used. But the environmental whacko's dont like happy people, so they banned must trash burning. Now we have to deal with major landfills..
They still burn it in the Waste to Energy plant in Stanislaus county, CA. I know of at least one other waste to energy incinerator on the west coast in the state of WA

73c8e26af0735b9e2eaef42e92895e69.jpg

Methane gas being released from the frozen tundra in Siberia, and from under the worlds ocean is more of a danger for heating up the Earth than Carbon. Scientific research says methane poses more of a real danger in super heating the Earth.
Partly true BUT...
This is just the Snowball effect of Man's release of Methane and other GHGs like CO2.
WE are the ones warming the planet for that further release of stored Methane.
Welcome to AGW.
(Methane is our Natural Gas and waste from Tens of Billions of Livestock animals/pets/humans)
`

Last edited:
Not what I have seen on the west coast. The vent pipes open to the atmosphere. The issue that prompted it in one area that I am aware of is because the county was sued by a nearby home owner who experienced methane coming up in their home and could not sell it. The county paid 500K for that 100K home and then they vented the landfill--to the atmosphere.
And burning it instead would just created more Greenhouse Gases.
Either way it's Man caused/AGW.
His burning Fossil Fuels an his waste piles.
Welcome one and all to the AGW club, however unwitting for some.
`

The Earth will be 110 degrees F every day at some point in the future.
Down here in florida right now it is 39 Degrees. Find it hard to believe that in the middle of Winter it could be 110 degrees. Of course science isnt being taught in school anymore, just pseudo science where men with tits are considered women and queers like Pete Buttplug can have children...

And burning it instead would just created more Greenhouse Gases.
Either way it's Man caused/AGW.
His burning Fossil Fuels an his waste piles.
Welcome one and all to the AGW club, however unwitting for some.
`
Bwaaaaahhhaaaaa...Do you face east when you get on your knees to pray?

Forum List

Back