It is unreasonable and bigoted to think that Trump has to hedge his bets with White Supremacists to "keep his base happy".
I didn't specify White Supremacists, you did. You keep doing that.

From your first post in the thread.

"
14fc023a-65f8-4b7b-80e7-a4ae8fad178b-original.gif
"

I just quoted the guy. I realize how often his messes have to be cleaned up, but hopefully at some point his followers will begin holding him responsible for his own words.

The "party of responsibility" 'n stuff.

You ignored the vast majority of his comments on the issue, and focused on the one time he responded differently and are ignoring the obvious conclusion (blowing off asshole question) to assume that he was sending a message of supporting racism.

That is you encouraging hate and animosity.
I do wish people here would comment on things I actually say, rather than fabricating positions.

I didn't say "he was sending a message of supporting racism", as you claim. What I actually think is that he was afraid to directly answer the question because he knows the nature of many of his supporters, and clumsily danced around it.

I see both sides of this issue. You see only one. If you want to pretend that means I'm "encouraging hate and animosity", that's fine with me. I truly do believe that you truly do believe that, by the way.

I see both sides, but there is only that is correct. U say this from thorough examination of both sides. You see, Trump isn't just the president of his supporters, he is president if the entire nation. His supporters are 30 percent of the country. And if he wasn't trying to send a message of supporting racism, he would not care about losing the racists who support him because he would gain more general support from the public. Maybe if he decided not to be "afraid" he would get the support of the majority of the American people. So you have to ask why he choose differently. And no matter how much you claim to see both sides there is only one answer.
Well, there ya go.

You two hash this out.

Libs TODAY, claim that the South is Republicans because of racism.

That make it relevant.

You can't have any healing, if half the country, assumes racism, every time a third of the country disagrees with them.
As you know, I agree with you that the Regressive Left is keeping divisions alive by playing the RACIST game. It's a terribly cynical, dishonest, counter-productive strategy, purely for political advantage, and I hate to see it.

But here's the problem: It's often reinforced by two powerful things. First is the real racism that does still exist. And second is the fact that the Right refuses to admit to any significant degree that racism still exists. You're refusing to hold the Right responsible for its actions. Minorities see that, loud and clear. Daily.

So the Right is making this MUCH easier for the Regressive Left to keep pulling off. Until the Right is willing to look in the mirror, that won't change.

It is unreasonable and bigoted to think that Trump has to hedge his bets with White Supremacists to "keep his base happy".

"
"
Ah, my quote of Trump. As you know, I was discussing his base. These people are just a part of it.

I give up. You win. I don't know how to do this.

You ignored the vast majority of his comments on the issue, and focused on the one time he responded differently and are ignoring the obvious conclusion (blowing off asshole question) to assume that he was sending a message of supporting racism.

I do wish people here would comment on things I actually say, rather than fabricating positions.

I didn't say "he was sending a message of supporting racism", as you claim. What I actually think is that he was afraid to directly answer the question because he knows the nature of many of his supporters, and clumsily danced around it.

I see both sides of this issue. You see only one. If you want to pretend that means I'm "encouraging hate and animosity", that's fine with me. I truly do believe that you truly do believe that, by the way.

I see both sides, but there is only that is correct. U say this from thorough examination of both sides. You see, Trump isn't just the president of his supporters, he is president if the entire nation. His supporters are 30 percent of the country. And if he wasn't trying to send a message of supporting racism, he would not care about losing the racists who support him because he would gain more general support from the public. Maybe if he decided not to be "afraid" he would get the support of the majority of the American people. So you have to ask why he choose differently. And no matter how much you claim to see both sides there is only one answer.
Well, there ya go.

You two hash this out.

That make it relevant.

You can't have any healing, if half the country, assumes racism, every time a third of the country disagrees with them.
As you know, I agree with you that the Regressive Left is keeping divisions alive by playing the RACIST game. It's a terribly cynical, dishonest, counter-productive strategy, purely for political advantage, and I hate to see it.

But here's the problem: It's often reinforced by two powerful things. First is the real racism that does still exist. And second is the fact that the Right refuses to admit to any significant degree that racism still exists. You're refusing to hold the Right responsible for its actions. Minorities see that, loud and clear. Daily.

So the Right is making this MUCH easier for the Regressive Left to keep pulling off. Until the Right is willing to look in the mirror, that won't change.
Or maybe... You’re wrong. And differences do exist. And they matter. Shocking possibility; but, “what if...”?

Last edited:

Well, there ya go.

You two hash this out.

That make it relevant.

Or maybe... Your wrong. And differences do exist. And they matter. Shocking possibility; but, “what if...”?
Could be. But I'm certain that I'm right about one thing: I don't know how to communicate with people who can only see the fault in the other side.

It makes no sense to me, so I'm not just not good at it.

Well, there ya go.

You two hash this out.

That make it relevant.

Or maybe... Your wrong. And differences do exist. And they matter. Shocking possibility; but, “what if...”?
Could be. But I'm certain that I'm right about one thing: I don't know how to communicate with people who can only see the fault in the other side.

Instead of finding fault... How about just accepting that there are differences; and respecting them? Rather than imposing so-called “superiority” values on them? Is a Cheetah, superior to a Jaguar? Or are they merely different; and deserve to be respected as such?

Well, there ya go.

You two hash this out.

That make it relevant.

Instead of finding fault... How about just accepting that there are differences; and respecting them? Rather than imposing so-called “superiority” values on them? Is a Cheetah, superior to a Jaguar? Or are they merely different; and deserve to be respected as such?
Well yes.

Perhaps you can make a point.

That make it relevant.

Well yes.

Perhaps the “ middle of the roaders” hold us in equal contempt. Because they refuse to accept that differences exist. And, as such represent the gravest of threats? Because they’d like nothing more than for the both of us to cease to exist?

Well yes.

Perhaps the “ middle of the roaders” hold us in equal contempt. Because they refuse to accept that differences exist. And, as such represent the gravest of threats? Because they’d like nothing more than for the both of us to cease to exist?
Who said that differences don't exist?

I sure am having a lot of people put words in my mouth today. Not sure why intellectual honesty needs to be so difficult. And please see the second line of my sig for that "middle of the roaders" lie.

As far as the "cease to exist" thing goes, that's silly. I'm convinced that wingers won't be a part of any conversations that lead to healing, and I definitely think that they're making things much worse and more difficult. But "cease to exist"? No. We really are stuck in hyperbole, aren't we?

Well yes.

I sure am having a lot of people put words in my mouth today. Not sure why intellectual honesty needs to be so difficult. And please see the second line of my sig for that "middle of the roaders" lie.

As far as the "cease to exist" thing goes, that's silly. I'm convinced that wingers won't be a part of any conversations that lead to healing, and I definitely think that they're making things much worse and more difficult. But "cease to exist"? No. We really are stuck in hyperbole, aren't we?
I use my phone; and as such don’t see Signatures. Nor is it likely to matter. As far as being stuck in “hyperbole”...? No. We’re stuck in a battle of free men seeking self determination...

Well yes.

I use my phone; and as such don’t see Signatures. Nor is it likely to matter. As far as being stuck in “hyperbole”...? No. We’re stuck in a battle of free men seeking self determination...
Okay, sure. I have no idea what your point is here, but I'm sure you do. Sounds good.

Well yes.

Okay, sure. I have no idea what your point is here, but I'm sure you do. Sounds good.
Then perhaps the “failure” is in you only seeing your desire; rather than respecting the will of the people... Like I said. The middle of the roaders, are the gravest threat to us both...

Well yes.

Then perhaps the “failure” is in you only seeing your desire; rather than respecting the will of the people... Like I said. The middle of the roaders, are the gravest threat to us both...
Great, thanks!

Great, thanks!
I sense no scincere thankfulness in your reply. Peddle your poison elsewhere...

Great, thanks!
I sense no scincere thankfulness in your reply. Peddle your poison elsewhere...
I'm absolutely thankful! This place is an absolutely fascinating psychological / sociological / anthropological study for me, and your input has been greatly appreciated.

Well, there ya go.

You two hash this out.

That make it relevant.

Except that reality does not support that view. Real racism, from whites at least, is a fringe.

Trump has repeatedly denounced Duke and racism, yet you keep focusing on the one time he did not.

Donald Trump denounces David Duke, KKK - CNNPolitics

"David Duke is a bad person, who I disavowed on numerous occasions over the years," Trump said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

"I disavowed him. I disavowed the KKK," Trump added. "Do you want me to do it again for the 12th time? I disavowed him in the past, I disavow him now."

"
"
Ah, my quote of Trump. As you know, I was discussing his base. These people are just a part of it.

I give up. You win. I don't know how to do this.

THEY ARE NOT PART OF IT.

Well, there ya go.

You two hash this out.

That make it relevant.

Except that reality does not support that view. Real racism, from whites at least, is a fringe.

Trump has repeatedly denounced Duke and racism, yet you keep focusing on the one time he did not.

"David Duke is a bad person, who I disavowed on numerous occasions over the years," Trump said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

"I disavowed him. I disavowed the KKK," Trump added. "Do you want me to do it again for the 12th time? I disavowed him in the past, I disavow him now."
Great. Now we can move on.

Well, there ya go.

You two hash this out.

That make it relevant.

Great. Now we can move on.

Except that you, and people like you, keep going BACK to the one other time.

So, we cannot move on. And that is my point.

Holding on to a false narrative, BY THE LEFT, divides US.

Forum List

Back