Memorial Day - take a few minutes

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
1590431794678.png

It doesn't cost you nearly as much as it cost them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like every time there's a war on someone or some thing, Americans start losing freedom.

I get that good men and women have lost their lives while contributing to these foreign occupations. It's a paycheck, I suppose.

But to contend that our freedom is being defended in all of this is just about the most intellectually dishonest statement someone can make.

The only people who hate us for our freedom are those terrorist cells in Washington otherwise known as the legislative, executive and judicial branches.

Anyway. That said, its tragic to see so many people lose their lives in these foreign occupations. My heart bleeds for them. We should bring them home and build more bases here. That's real natonal defense. And that's real defense spending.

So that's all I have to say about that.

Proceed...

And this I posted recently but bears repeating for its truth relative to our freedoms we are desperately trying to hold onto:

IT IS THE SOLDIER :salute:

“It is the Soldier, not the minister
Who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the Soldier, not the reporter
Who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the Soldier, not the poet
Who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer
Who has given us freedom to protest.

It is the Soldier, not the lawyer
Who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the Soldier, not the politician
Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,

And whose coffin is draped by the flag,
Who allows the protester to burn the flag.”

Charles M. Province

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like every time there's a war on someone or some thing, Americans start losing freedom.

I get that good men and women have lost their lives while contributing to these foreign occupations. It's a paycheck, I suppose.

But to contend that our freedom is being defended in all of this is just about the most intellectually dishonest statement someone can make.

The only people who hate us for our freedom are those terrorist cells in Washington otherwise known as the legislative, executive and judicial branches.

Anyweay. That said, its tragic to see so many people lose their lives in these foreign occupations. My heart bleeds for them. We should bring them home and build more bases here. That's real natonal defense. And that's real defense spending.

Proceed...
1590432852885.jpeg

I am sicken by the people who are enjoying their life without masks and all the sights of people partying, while Veterans still commit's suicide by 20 a day, and many Vets died from Covid.

Remember there are 37,000 plus homeless vets in 2019. They will remember Memorial Day, not because its veterans day but the day is reminder of all the crazy people out there, and some will get covid and die.

Anyway. That said, its tragic to see so many people lose their lives in these foreign occupations. My heart bleeds for them. We should bring them home and build more bases here. That's real natonal defense. And that's real defense spending.

Proceed...

/ thread.

I am sicken by the people who are enjoying their life without masks and all the sights of people partying, while Veterans still commit's suicide by 20 a day, and many Vets died from Covid.

Remember there are 37,000 plus homeless vets in 2019. They will remember Memorial Day, not because its veterans day but the day is reminder of all the crazy people out there, and some will get covid and die.
I’m partying without a mask. I’m not changing a damn thing.

The purpose of Memorial day is not veterans, dumbass! I am not dead yet and none of my family died in combat. If you were not an anti-American POS, you would know the difference. Veterans Day is November 11th.

And this I posted recently but bears repeating for its truth relative to our freedoms we are desperately trying to hold onto:

IT IS THE SOLDIER :salute:

“It is the Soldier, not the minister
Who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the Soldier, not the reporter
Who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the Soldier, not the poet
Who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer
Who has given us freedom to protest.

It is the Soldier, not the lawyer
Who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the Soldier, not the politician
Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,

And whose coffin is draped by the flag,
Who allows the protester to burn the flag.”

Charles M. Province
If you were drafted, what freedom was that?

The purpose of Memorial day is not veterans, dumbass! I am not dead yet and none of my family died in combat. If you were not an anti-American POS, you would know the difference. Veterans Day is November 11th.

Apparently, you don't know why we celebrate Memorial Day either.

Memorial Day is an American holiday, observed on the last Monday of May, honoring the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military. Memorial Day 2020 occurs on Monday, May 25.

Originally known as Decoration Day, it originated in the years following the Civil War and became an official federal holiday in 1971. Many Americans observe Memorial Day by visiting cemeteries or memorials, holding family gatherings and participating in parades. Unofficially, it marks the beginning of the summer season.

DUMBASS!!!!!!!!

Memorial Day is an American holiday, observed on the last Monday of May, honoring the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military. Memorial Day 2020 occurs on Monday, May 25.

Originally known as Decoration Day, it originated in the years following the Civil War and became an official federal holiday in 1971. Many Americans observe Memorial Day by visiting cemeteries or memorials, holding family gatherings and participating in parades. Unofficially, it marks the beginning of the summer season.

DUMBASS!!!!!!!!
Thank you!

Veteran suicide is a tremendous problem. It doesn't get discussed nearly enough. To try to use it as a means to weasel a debate about mask mandates is pathetic political posturing.

Your fake concern for the trend in veteran suicide is fake.

DUMBASS!!!!!!!!
Thank you!

No need to thank me. The Admiral Rockhead Idiot gets things wrong on a regular basis, and I like to correct him. I thought it was exceedingly humorous that the Admiral claims to be a member of the military, yet he doesn't know the purpose of Memorial Day, which is to honor veterans who have died in various wars over the years.

He probably also misses the fact that on Memorial Day, flags are placed on every grave in Arlington as a sign of respect and remembering.

DUMBASS!!!!!!!!
Think that know it all will respond?

It's to honor the war dead. And she was talking about servicemen still dying. You're the one who sounds like a dumbass.

ALL THE OP DID WAS ASK US TO TAKE A MINUTE TO REMEMBER WHAT MEMORIAL DAY IS FOR. Does it really hurt y'all that much to do that?

I can't believe the responses here. Sickening.

Forum List

Back