Memorial Day 2020

Oh my God. We’re finding out that under the Trump administration, they were experimenting on American veterans at the VA.

WASHINGTON – Democrats are raising concerns over the Department of Veterans Affairs using hydroxychloroquine to treat veterans diagnosed with COVID-19, a path of treatment that has been shown to increase mortality in some patients.

----
They used that drug on 1300 soldiers without anyone's knowledge only because Trump said so.
This is just awful. Using this drug on American soldiers just because Trump said what have you got to lose?

This was well reported at the time it was done. Trump stated as much when the trials started in the VA. Are you that hard up for a scandal? How do you think medicines are tested?

twitter-1.PNG

Liberals aren't 'ruining' anything!

You do know that their playbook is to keep the shutdown as long as they can. It shows because Governor Whitmer knows if the state economy gets a lot worse; she can easily blame Trump. There have been many jobs lost because of her strains of the lockdown.

I can understand if this was only a two-week shutdown. But she had this state shutdown since March 23rd.

Liberals aren't 'ruining' anything!

You do know that their playbook is to keep the shutdown as long as they can. It shows because Governor Whitmer knows if the state economy gets a lot worse; she can easily blame Trump. There have been many jobs lost because of her strains of the lockdown.

I can understand if this was only a two-week shutdown. But she had this state shutdown since March 23rd.
Nobody wants to endure this lockdown any longer than necessary. Not governors, not epidemiologists, not public health officials and certainly not citizens.

Remove divisive partisan politics and look at this contagion for what it is. A highly contagious, highly infectious virus that has taken 95,000 American lives is on the loose among us. This contagion does not care about your political beliefs. It does not respect state, county or municipal boundaries. All it wants is the next human being to infect.

It sadly is spreading to rural, midwestern and southern states. And we lack a coherent national plan to combat it. It will surely take more lives before it subsides. Currently small community hospitals are being over run by cases requiring needed ICU beds. That means should you or your loved ones require such a facility for cardiac concerns, it will not be available.

My mother is 86 years old. My brother and I have gone to all the recommended lengths to keep her safe from this plague. That means we are not going out unprotected among those who dismiss these conditions as either a political ploy or think they can bluff their way through the pandemic.

Let me put it this way. If you own a gun, with protection under the 2nd amendment, would you think it's your right to fire your gun across the skyline of your community? Rights also require responsibility. No responsible person would fire a weapon like that in their town. Why? Because that round could hit and injure or kill someone who was doing the right thing all along.

Why endanger others who are trying their hardest to do the right thing by cavalierly flaunting the best advice to stem the tide of this pandemic? Surely the same level of responsibility applies.

Last edited:
Liberals aren't 'ruining' anything! A highly contagious virus that has killed 95,000 Americans is responsible.
Stop making a pandemic a wedge issue!
And have a happy Memorial Day weekend.
It's just a flu bug, no reason to shut the economy down.

The last I checked 26 of the 50 governors are Republican and so at least half the country have no restrictions imposed, isn't that right?

Forever grateful, R.I.P.
1590373948351.png
Thousands of soldiers who fought and died at the Battle of the Bulge now lie at rest at Henri-Chapelle American Cemetery and Memorial in Belgium.​

Last edited:
Memorial Day is a weekend made to have a BBQ with family and friends. Don't let the liberals ruin it.
And to pause for a few minutes to feel gratitude for the bottom-line reason we are free to this day and trying hard to remain that way:

IT IS THE SOLDIER :salute:

“It is the Soldier, not the minister
Who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the Soldier, not the reporter
Who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the Soldier, not the poet
Who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer
Who has given us the freedom to protest.

It is the Soldier, not the lawyer
Who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the Soldier, not the politician
Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,

And whose coffin is draped by the flag,
Who allows the protester to burn the flag.”

Charles M. Province

Memorial Day is a weekend made to have a BBQ with family and friends. Don't let the liberals ruin it.
And to pause for a few minutes to feel gratitude for the bottom-line reason we are free to this day and trying hard to remain that way:

IT IS THE SOLDIER :salute:

“It is the Soldier, not the minister
Who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the Soldier, not the reporter
Who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the Soldier, not the poet
Who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer
Who has given us the freedom to protest.

It is the Soldier, not the lawyer
Who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the Soldier, not the politician
Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,

And whose coffin is draped by the flag,
Who allows the protester to burn the flag.”

Charles M. Province

Thank you for sharing! That was a wonderful tribute to our men and women abroad. They are the TRUE heroes. Not these blue state Governors who think they are doing a service to the American people. They are actually doing a disservice to the American people. But since, the MSM wants to portray them as "Heroes" ; that is why they have been getting all the publicity. Because , in therir "America", that is who they are - to them. Not to us.

Liberals aren't 'ruining' anything! A highly contagious virus that has killed 95,000 Americans is responsible.
Stop making a pandemic a wedge issue!
And have a happy Memorial Day weekend.
It's just a flu bug, no reason to shut the economy down.
The flu subsides and rarely kills 100,000 American lives in three months. Assuring you have confidence that everything's cleaned and disinfected before people come to your shops and churches and markets and restaurants is indispensable.

You can't bluff your way through a contagion. Do the right thing. Consider the other guy and stay safe.

God bless Darryl Kenny and his family. Darryl was my mentor flying fighters and lost his life when his plane went down. Darryl was one of several friends I lost while serving. May God bless all those who have given their lives , those who have served, and those still serving.

The flu subsides and rarely kills 100,000 American lives in three months. Assuring you have confidence that everything's cleaned and disinfected before people come to your shops and churches and markets and restaurants is indispensable.
You can't bluff your way through a contagion. Do the right thing. Consider the other guy and stay safe.
Bar owners and bar workers will starve to death if you libs don't allow bars to open.
Americans are no longer going to tolerate being locked down in our homes. We are supposed to be free. If we want a haircut, we get a haircut. If we want pizza, we go to a pizzeria. If we want beer, wine, or a cocktail, we go to a bar.

Bar owners and bar workers will starve to death if you libs don't allow bars to open.
Americans are no longer going to tolerate being locked down in our homes. We are supposed to be free. If we want a haircut, we get a haircut. If we want pizza, we go to a pizzeria. If we want beer, wine, or a cocktail, we go to a bar.
You are describing impatience and childishly spoiled behavior as something to be celebrated? I bet you did not take to "time out" well as a toddler. Your folks flicked your future little man. They should have spanked you rather than placate you. The lesson of humility is lost on you.

Forum List

Back