The Woke-Left Is Now Trying To Ruin Memorial Day - WTF??

They aren’t.

There are nine so is different stories like the one in the OP, I provided a link

you act as if it’s the only one, it’s not
There are the facts...and then there are the other revised stories to make folks like you feel better....

Just like the 292832772 stories Conservatives tell themselves to make them feel better about being on the wrong side of history so much....

There are the facts...and then there are the other revised stories to make folks like you feel better....

Just like the 292832772 stories Conservatives tell themselves to make them feel better about being on the wrong side of history so much....
I think the facts are laid out in the link. It was not uncommon, in particular during and after the Civil War to honor those that died fighting the Dems war for slavery.

There are events dating back prior to the event highlighted in the OP.

I am really not sure why you are so bent out of shape over it...I am just glad we have a day, and a national holiday honoring them.

Why does it bother you so much that you have to start a stupid thread like this about it and make it somehow about race?

The left is not re-writing history. This is history . History that you want to erase

Lol, another one!

1685473430839.png

Yes, of course.
Your fantasies or actual factual reality
I'll take actual factual reality.

"On May 1, 1865, in Charleston, South Carolina, the recently freed Black population held a parade of 10,000 people to honor 257 dead Union soldiers. The soldiers had been buried in a mass grave at the Washington Race Course, having died at the Confederate prison camp located there. After the city fell, the freed Black population unearthed and properly buried the soldiers, placing flowers at their graves. The event was reported contemporaneously in the Charleston Daily Courier and the New-York Tribune.[20] Historian David Blight has called this commemoration the first Memorial Day. However, no direct link has been established between this event and General John Logan's 1868 proclamation for a national holiday.[21][22][14]"

Three years before proclamation but, of course, in the 1860s there would be no credit given to former slaves who honored their liberators.

The left is not re-writing history. This is history . History that you want to erase

Biff_Poindexter, you landed two more retards! You're batting damn near 1,000 among your fellow DemoKKKrats.

Still no conservatives, though. Weird, huh?

LOL

Well I showed you when he said the opposite. So Trump says two different things? I'm shocked!

He said Pelosi should have impeached him for lying us into Iraq. He said these things running for president. And you guys elected him. We didn't. We just happen to agree with him on that one.

But on Fox he lied to you and said he didn't say it. But oh yes he did. Don't be stupid.

I didn't elect Trump. He's as dumb as Gaddafi. They have a lot in common.

"Memorial Day holds a significant place in the history of Black America, just like many other aspects of this country. While it is common for people across the United States to enjoy a long weekend or take a day off on Memorial Day, it is important to recognize that its origins can be traced back to the actions of Black American freedmen in Charleston, SC. Regardless of how many places claim it or attempt to alter its history, it was the black community that demonstrated kindness and initiated the traditions now celebrated by all. Memorial Day as originally known as Decoration Day. The day has a complex history intertwined with the experiences of African American soldiers.

One significant event often cited as a precursor to modern Memorial Day took place in Charleston, South Carolina. In 1865, at the close of the Civil War, a group of newly freed African Americans organized a commemoration for Union soldiers who had died while imprisoned in a Confederate camp. They cleaned up a burial ground, built a fence, and held a ceremony to honor the fallen soldiers, which included singing hymns, placing flowers, and delivering speeches. This event became known as the “First Decoration Day.” People like Ron DeSantis want to minimize knowledge of history and proclaim war on “wokeness.” (Mind you “stay woke” is a colloquialism hijacked and re-packaged for evil by folks like DeSantis."

View attachment 790098

So the woke-left continues and continues to try to rewrite the history of our country and co-opt uniquely Judeo-Christian and true American traditions and ruin them in the name of their woke agenda. Now they are claiming this photograph is supposed to be the early origins of Memorial Day in this country....this madness needs to stop. No way in the world would this country adopt some type of celebration started by a bunch of darkies and even if it was true, no way in the world would anyone alive to day believe it anyway...This is the problem with all of this woke nonsense, they are always trying to get us to look at the true origins of something instead of just leaving things alone and just celebrating things as they are....

Next they will try to claim that Labor Day actually started as some leftist Antifa strike against wealthy benevolent job creators that resulted in dozens of people being killed...are you kidding me? Labor Day is a celebration about the work ethic of God-fearing hardworking Americans who were allies of the wealthy elites, not some leftist Marxist Eugene Debs type; trying to cause problems, riots and strikes to wreck our economy...
You are fucking out of order soldier wanna-be, you need to have more respect for those who fought and died for freedom, they gave their last measure. No matter the color of their skin it is the purpose in their heart WE HONOR.

Forum List

Back